Theres a Dragon in the Dryer

Theres a Dragon in the Dryer

A Story by Songsungblue
"

A Short Story in Rhyme

"

Theres a Dragon in the Dryer...


There's an Angel in the Attic, he's been there for a year...I don't know why he stayed, I think his wing must have a tear.

There are Boggins in the Basement, I hear them in the night...they make faces at my mother. They give her such a fright!

There's a Centaur in the Closet…he chews upon the coats.  And when I asked him why he said he learned it from the goats.

There’s a Dragon in the Dryer, I think he must be cold. He falls asleep quite often, upon his pile of gold.

There’s an Elf there in the Entry, he stands against the wall...you must look up to greet him, for he really is quite tall!

The fairy fills the foyuer, with folds of flowing silk...and if you ask her nicely, she'll go and get the milk.

The Gnome is in the Gable, his beard is very long, and although at times he's grouchy, I think you'll get along.

The Hobgoblin's in the hallway, don't step upon his toe! He really is quite pleasant (but don't tell him I said so).

The Imp is in the intercom, you can hear him, fast asleep ...just listen, very quiet, now don't you make a peep!

The Jinn is in the Jack-o-lantern, every Halloween...he likes it there because he is afraid of being seen.

The Kelpie's in the Kitchen, a- swimming in the sink, he helps me with the dishes, getting soap suds in my drink!

The Leprechaun’s in the library, arranging all the books, he'll glare now if you take one, but ignore his dirty looks.

The Mermaid's in the Mailbox, was mailed there just last week...I tried to take her out but she just gave a little squeak!

The Nymph is in the Nursery, the nanny of the hour...she reads the children stories and never treats them sour.

The Orc is in the Oven, we don't know why he's there... but everyone feels certain that he doesn't really care.

The Pixies in the Pantry, she keeps it free of mice...she invites them all to dinner, but she never asks them twice.

The Quatzamagumph's * in the Quarter...he's coming to the house! Now all of you be quiet...(yes, even Pixie's mouse!)

The Redcap's in the Rec room, he’s practicing his swing...(and if he breaks a window, don't tell mom or anything)

The Sylph is in the Study, she's reading from a book.  Don’t ask her what she’s reading, she'll just give you a look.

The Unicorn's in the Utility, his horn is shiny white...you can see it glowing, if you stay up half the night.

The Vampire's in the Valet, she sleeps throughout the day...at night she will awaken, and then she'll have her say.

The Werewolf's in the Wardrobe, he's hiding from the moon, you can take him out but please be sure it's not too soon!

The Xhindi in the Xylophone, are making quite a noise! I tried to make them stop but they forgot their other toys.

The Yeti's in the Yard now, he will not come indoors. I guess it's good, for when he would, he scratched up all the floors.

The Ziz is on the Zither - he's trying to take a nap...be careful when you pet him, as he has been known to snap!



(The End)

 

 

*To find out more about Quatzamagumphs, read "The Quiet Quatzamagumph - A Field Guide to Quatzamagumphs" - coming soon!

© 2008 Songsungblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
Added on February 11, 2008
Last Updated on February 12, 2008

Author

Songsungblue
Songsungblue

Galway, Ireland



About
I am a musician, writer, singer, songwriter, poet, and composer living and working in the West of Ireland :-) more..

Writing
Thumbs Thumbs

A Poem by Songsungblue


Cut Cut

A Poem by Songsungblue