Chapter Five: Memories and Patroling~part 2~

Chapter Five: Memories and Patroling~part 2~

A Chapter by Abbie
"

Sophora's getting ready to meet up with Severus at Hogsmeade. What's gonna happen????

"

Sophora's P.O.V.


Reaching the deserted Slytherin common room, I had made my way up to the girls dormitories. Having only an hour, I quickly found my dormitory and grabbed my key. I shoved it into the lock, and turned it until I heard the lock make a soft 'Click'. Once inside I closed the door softly, but firmly.


Most rooms are a hexagonal shape and are dark forest green with black tiled floors, five four poster beds with green curtains and green sheets lined with silver, and a little fireplace in the center. They also normally have a bathroom with three baths, three showers, and one small hot tub( yes,we Slytherins are very privileged) on one of the sides that we all share. In addition to that, they also are above the lake,not underneath it like most of he common room.


Our room, and by our, I mean Brooklyne(Brook) Chyme, the twins: Holly and Molly Lamonre, Syrina Voxua, and mine, is quite...different...than most Slytherin girls' rooms. Our room is much, much bigger, it is underneath the lake, and our room is more like a section of rooms really. In our first year, when we found this old door and unlocked it to open up this beautiful room, we immediately claimed it as ours. We then put walls up around each space that we claimed as our own, that way it really does seem as if we have our own rooms.


We each decorated our 'room' to fit our personalities. Syrina's is a deep blue because it is impossible to keep that girl out of the water. She also has the biggest windows in her room, that way she can be closer to the water. And you guessed it- her bed is a water bed. Her ceiling is also enchanted so that you can see fish swimming around.


Syrina is also my 'best friend'. She is really sweet to those she likes, and acts nice around the teachers, but other than that, she could give me a run for my money as cruelest student. She doesn't really know the real me though, she is friends with the person I pretend to be. Nobody knows the real me, nobody.


Molly's is a vibrant pink with...sparkles. That girl is all about glitter, rainbows, sparkles, and anything that is frilly and girly. She has a four poster bed that looks like it came out of the muggle story 'Sleeping Beauty'. She has her ceiling enchanted to look like the night sky, because she thinks ' It's kind of creepy that we're underwater, right?'.


Molly is super snobby and not the brightest wand in Olivander's, if you know what I am trying to say. And she only hangs out with me because in truth, she wants to be me. I'm popular, and I have 'everything I could ever want; boys, money, good grades, everything!' I don't want any of it though, except the good grades, I actually am really good in class and I wish I wasn't popular. It really sucks sometimes


Her sister on the other hand, has a dark gray room to show off her totally punk attitude. Her bed is a normal four poster slytherin bed, except the drapes are black with silver lining, not green. Holly also has a lots of 'The weird Sisters' posters up all over the place. She is frequently blasting rock and heavy metal music, not that I mind. I quite like it actually.


That's one reason Holly and I are friends, she isn't all that stuck up and bitchy. She is down to earth, well sorta, a pretty good 'friend'. She doesn't care if I am popular or not. She just want to be friends, because she knows that I can be a nice person when I want to be. Holly is the only one who is even close to knowing the real me, but she isn't all that close. She knows nothing of the real me, she does knows I don't show the real me though, which is more than I can say for everyone else.


Brooklyne's room is well, there isn't really one color. She has it pure white, splatter painted with every color imaginable. She couldn't settle on which color she liked the most, so she settled with splattering it rainbow. It looks pretty cool, but I would never tell her that. Her ceiling is a normal white. She hasn't changed it at all. It fits how the room looks at least.


Brook and I, we don't really like each other. But then again, we don't hate each other. She is okay that I exist, and I am okay that she exists. We are okay 'friends', I guess. A mutual friendship I guess you could say.


And then there is my room. My room is very...slytherin? My room is pure lime green(like the color of a leaf when it grows on a tree in spring time) on the top, and cut halfway with a line of silver that snakes around the entire room. The bottom half is stripes of lime green and silver, while the very to of the walls is bordered by black. My ceiling is painted as the Slytherin crest, except, gigantic and with two snakes on either side of the emblem. I also have a beautiful glass chandelier hanging down from the middle of the thirteen foot ceiling.


My room is a strange shape, it is like a square, but two of the corners got cut off and are now circular mini rooms. One is my closet, and the other my study room, which is all glass for the walls, so I can see the bottom of the lake. My study room has a lot of my quills, ink, and a pound or two of parchment sitting atop a gleaming black desk with a emerald green chair. Two of my five bookshelves at Hogwarts are in my study, along with my potion materials that I bought at the apothecary stores in Diagon Ally and in Hogsmeade. The only thing in my closet is my trunk, clothes, and my cat's supplies.


In the main part of my bedroom,I have a queen size canopy bed. It's black iron framing with deep green curtains. Honestly, that is the comfiest bed of the two beds I have(one at Hogwarts the other at home in Spinner's End). It feels as if you were laying softly on a cloud, unable to fall, or floating on water, unable to sink. On either side of my bed are candle lanterns hanging off the wall, so I can use them when I need them. I have a grand fireplace opposite my bed, and two slytherin banners hanging on either side of it. I front of the fireplace are two sitting chairs, both emerald green, and a ebony table in between the chairs. I have my other three bookshelves in the room too, but that is pretty much it.


I walk through the hall that connects our rooms, the bathrooms(there are three) and the main living room. I walk all the was down, to the very end, where my room is. I open my french doors and walk straight over to my closet. Now being at Hogwarts, you would think I have just a few pieces of clothing, but I don't. I have a whole wardrobe full, and I can go inside of it! Yes, I have a walk in closet and yes, I LOVE it.


I already know what to wear. I mentally picked my outfit out on my rushed walk here. I go over to the jean section and pick out a pair of black ripped jeans. Then walking to the shirt section, I pick out a one shoulder gray t-shirt with a silver skull. Going over to the jackets, which is across from the shirts, I picked out my black shrug jacket. Over in the accessories section, I pick out some lace up, buckle strap combat boots. Already wearing my black diamond earrings and as always, my half of silver locket, I didn't need any jewelry.


Going into my bathroom(The twins voted to share one and Syrina and Brooklyne both wanted the one with the giant bathtub that is just like a mini swimming pool, so I got my own.), I quickly changed.


Then, sticking my wand in my boot, I did something I don't usually do: I looked in the mirror. Despite what others think, I don't think that I am pretty at all. I have thick straight hair, deep violet eyes, and skin that never tans. This makes my pretty how? Anyway, I looked in the mirror just to see how my outfit looked. It didn't look make me look bad, and it looked tough. I may be popular, but I am not some little b***h that is sickeningly sweet and a total skank to get what she wants. I am cruel, cold, and dangerous (I know more spells than most of Hogwarts's staff for the love of Salazar Slytherin!). Deciding I am looking... presentable, I walk out of the bathroom and... into my roommates?


“Oh! There you are Sophora! We were just looking for you!” Brooklyne said cheerfully, which is a bit strange. She must be having a really good day to be nice and happy towards me. What did I miss at breakfast?


“Well, I think you found me.” I said, used to the twins talking like that.


“You look awesome as always! Going out to Hogsmeade with someone special that we don't know about?” Holly jokes.


“Thanks, Natalia. And not unless you count Snape wanting to see me for some reason. I think he might be mad for what I did during Quidditch yesterday. You know giving the Hufflepuff a broken leg. He told me that I am to see him at 12 sharp.” I said.


“Yeah, I don't think that Professor Snape counts. He isn't hot, and he's a bit scary, even to us Slytherins. And good luck with that.” Molly said sashaying to her room. My Godric, did she seriously just sashay to her room? I hate her, I really do hate her. She is just so infuriating! I hate being roommates with her!


“Um, as Molly kind of said, Snape doesn't count, but because he is a teacher not because he is 'not hot and scary'. And where are you meeting him? His office?” Syrina asked. At least she has some sense.


“No, The Three Broomsticks.” I replied. Though, why not his office...


“Why there?” Brook asked.


“Honestly, I don't have a clue. Maybe he is on Hogsmeade duty, and he is going to be there all day so he figured, 'why not talk to her while she is there?'.Probably seems easier for him. Anyway, I kind of have to go get some of my things in my room, so I can make the carriages. Sorry, talk to you guys later.” I said squeezing by them walking back toward my room.


Once inside, I walked over to my study. I scrounged up some Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts so I could go shopping. I put the in a little green and silver pouch that I then slid on my wrist. I also took out a small black bag and put it in the pouch on my wrist. I glanced at the grandfather clock while I was in there. 11:20. How did time fly by that fast?I walked out of my bed room and into Holly?


“Hi Holly! What's up?” I asked, though still in a hurry.


“Um, I wanted to ask if you wanted someone to walk up to the carriage with. I'm going to Madam Puddifoot's with Bill.” She said madly blushing. Ah, so she did like Bill Weasley. I had started to guess that she did when they started talking at the first Quidditch match during November and kept meeting up around the lake to talk. They actually did look really cute together, they liked the same things, and I have nothing against the Weasleys. I approve if they ever end up dating, even if he is a year younger.


“Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. And sure, you can walk with me. I don't mind. But we have to hurry if we are going to make it!”I said grabbing her hand and pulling her to the door.


Once outside our dormitory we raced up the stairs to get to the common room. When we got close to there, I let go of her hand and slowed down. I walked quickly in and out of the common room with Holly trailing behind, but not without hearing some people talk about how 'wicked' I looked from the girls and here were a few 'bloody hell's from the guys. How they find me pretty, I will never know.


I walked up the stairs that led from the dungeons to the entrance hall. Holly and I walked through the giant oak doors that led out to the Viaduct Courtyard. The Viaduct Courtyard was where we were to give our permission forms, so that we could get to the carriages. The carriages rode from the main gate of Hogwarts along Whomping Willow Passage to Hogsmeade village. We walked up to Professor Sinistra, who happened to be collecting permission forms today. She hadn't ever collected them before,so she might not know the issue that there is for me. S**t.


“Hello girls, permission forms please.” She said cheerily. Holly gave her her permission form, and was about to wait when I nodded, which meant 'you can go'. She nodded back and left to go to the carriages.


“Um, professor, I have never had a permission form.Dum-” I said.


“Then you should have never been aloud. I don't want to hear any excuses. You are not going. Understood?” She replies, cutting me off.


“But professor, In my third year Profess-” I started, being cut off by a different voice.


“Miss Scarr is aloud to go Sinistra. Normally, Minerva or I do the permission slip gathering, and we both know about Miss Scarr, who is a special case. She doesn't need a permission form because Dumbledore and her have talked and he sees that she does not need one for some reason that is beyond me. If you have any objections, I suggest you go talk to Albus. Otherwise, let us pass.” Said the deeper, sneering voice. I didn't even need to turn around to know that the voice belonged to Professor Severus Snape.


“Y-yes Severus. I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know. I will make note of it.” Sinistra stuttered.


“I think that would do you good.” Severus replied to Sinistra. Then turning to me he said“Well, move. Or do you plan to miss the carriages and stay at Hogwarts?”


“No professor.” I replied walking in step(more like stride, but still,) with Severus. “ And thank you for helping me with Professor Sinistra. I was worried that I would never get through.”


“Yes, well, I couldn't have you miss our meeting.” He replied smoothly.


“Of course.” I scoffed. Sure, that was the real reason. I'm not falling for the Hippogriff S**t.


“What?” He asked stopping in his tracks. He turned to me and stared at me.


“I'm just saying that sure, of course that is why you helped. Because the great and feared Professor Snape could never possibly help out for any reason other than his benefit. That may have been part of the reason that you helped, but other than that, it is just a load of s**t, and you know it.” I spat icily, staring right back at him.


“You know I could give you a week's worth of detention for speaking to a professor like that and for swearing in the presence of a professor?” he said not taking his eyes off of me.


“You do know that we only have six days, not a full week left of school, right? So you could only give me six days of detention Professor Snape.” I said smirking. His eyes shone with amusement. He was obviously amused.


“You know, Miss Scarr, If you were anyone else, you WOULD have detention. You seem to be the only student with enough nerve to talk back to when it is due, not only a teacher, but me. I am the most feared professor in Hogwarts. And when I glare at you you just glare right back, with out even batting an eye. You have gained some of my respect, Miss Scarr, which I do not give out lightly.” He replied, opening the door to the only carriage left, with we both had to take. I got in and sat down, while he sat across from me.


“Well, I'm am glad to hear that I have your respect, or at least some of it.... Professor, do you want to talk about whatever it is that you wanted to talk about now, and continue into the Three Broomsticks? We would be done sooner, that way you can go to the apothecary, or where ever it is you wanted to go in Hogsmeade. I don't want to take up your whole day.” I said.


“Sure, why not. I wanted to talk to you about potions.” he replied.


“P-potions?What's wrong with potions? I didn't fail my O.W.L.'s or my grade in class, did I? I mean, I though potions was one of my best subjects! What do I need to fix? How can I-” I rambled, being cut off again.


“Isn't every subject, your best subject? You have failed to get anything below top score in all your classes this year. And nothing is wrong with potions, quite the opposite actually. As I just said, you have gotten nothing below perfect, ever, in all your years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in my class, or any other. You even create new ways to make potions better, and faster to brew. You are the top student in all my classes, my seventh years too! You knew more about potions than the entire school when you were in your first year, and you still know more!” he said. Wow, that was a LOT of compliments from the professor who never gave a greater compliment than 'adequate'.


“Thank you professor, for the great compliments.” I said. I didn't know what to say. The words would not come to me. Good thing he kept talking, otherwise, it would have been a very awkward moment.


“Very welcome. But what I wanted to really say is that, you are the best student I have seen in a very long time. I have never even thought about this before, but I wanted to ask my best student. Would you like become my first potions assistant?” he asked and I know he meant every word.



© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
Hey! Please review! point out whatever! Open for any feedback! and sorry it isn't indented as usual, I really don't have time to put in five spaces for every single paragraph...All rights to JKR!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I will say this again. Sophora's got a mad rep! She's like supper woman of the wizarding word except well you know... she dark... and kinda cranky at times lmao:P great work!

and awwww:( I just went to try and read the next chapter but then i saw there wasn't one... well shoot:'(

Posted 12 Years Ago


Timeless-Chan

12 Years Ago

wait I found the next chapter^_^
Abbie

12 Years Ago

yes, yes she does. :D and you should see why snape thinks she's like that! LOL, i think it's in chap.. read more
I like how you do a Point of view! Also the twist on Harry Potter is a creative way to write for fun! The only problems is like what Jason said, there's lots of "I walk" then "I walked", so review it and reedit it and that problem will go away! I also love how your chapter is long!

Posted 12 Years Ago


happy potter nice love those books and i love this twist

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have shelved this in my library to read more thoroughly later, but there is something I have noticed skimming through this chapter that I thought I would bring to your attention. At times you shift from one tense to another. At some points, you write in present tense: "I walk"; "I ask"; "she says"; etc. At other points, you write in past tense: "I walked"; "I asked"; "she said". The examples of present tense are probably just typos, but you may want to go through and address them all the same.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It's in Italic's because If you remember from the last chapter, it is something that she is remembering.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good chapter! Ready for more! also, why is it all in italics?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

403 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One Direction One Direction

A Story by AK


Chapter III Chapter III

A Chapter by Lydia


 Chapter V Chapter V

A Chapter by Lydia