Chapter Four: What Happened?

Chapter Four: What Happened?

A Chapter by Abbie
"

Gwendolyn wakes up to a very startled doctor...

"
This chapter is dedicated to AK. Thank you so much for continuing to read my writing and giving great reviews! :D You're Awesome! ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gwendolyn's P.O.V.

     Waking up to see a very frightened looking doctor is never, no matter what the situation, a good thing. So when I did wake up to it, I tried to stay as calm as possible.

     "Um, is something wrong Dr.Bilks?" I asked him. He seemed to calm down a bit once I spoke. Maybe He though something was wrong with me. Aww crap! Did he know what happened in my dream! Did he know that there is a person living in my head!

     "You were screaming in your sleep. I didn't know what was wrong. I tried to wake you, but you wouldn't wake up." Dr. Bilks said distraught. "Are you all right? Anything hurt?"

     "No, Dr. Bilks I'm alright.I haven't the slightest idea why I would be screaming. I don't feel any pain at all. I feel, pretty good actually." I wonder what time it is... I glanced out the window, it's still dark. Must be late. I'll ask Dr.Bilks. "Why is it dark out? What time is it?" I questioned.

     "It is four forty-seven in the morning." He said looking at his watch. "And That is good that you still fell well and believe to have experienced no pain. Do you want to go back to sleep?"

     "No!" I say a bit too fast "I-I-I don't want to."

     "Okay, you can stay up. I'm going to check your charts." he said walking  away from me.

     "Um, can I ask you something?" I ask shyly.

     "Sure, what do you want to know?" He said. He was at the edge of my bed where my chart was now. He started to flip through them with a weird, scrunched-up look on his face.

     "What happened to me. I asked you, my family, the nurses during some of the tests last night, but nobody would answer me. Please, what happened?"I said really wanting this question to be answered. He looked quite startled, as if he was surprised I would ask this. But then he sighed,because he knew he would have to answer this question eventually.

     "It is a long story, and I don't know all of it, but here is what I know..."

Dr.Bilks's P.O.V.

     'Thank god, she is awake!' I thought. "Why was she screaming, find out why she was screaming!"

     "Um, is something wrong Dr. Bilks?" She asked me. I realize I must look pretty startled. I tried to look calmer, but I didn't feel it.

     "You were screaming in your sleep. I didn't know what was wrong. I tried to wake you, but you wouldn't wake up."I said. "Are you all right? Anything hurt?"

       "No, Dr. Bilks I'm alright.I haven't the slightest idea why I would be screaming. I don't feel any pain at all. I feel, pretty good actually." she glanced out the window "Why is it dark out? What time is it?" she questioned.

     I glanced at my watch really quick. It read four forty-seven. "It is four forty-seven in the morning.And That is good that you still fell well and believe to have experienced no pain. Do you want to go back to sleep?"

       "No!" she says a little bit too fast for comfort. Maybe something is wrong... I should check her charts again to see what I missed.... "I-I-I don't want to."

     "Okay, you can stay up. I'm going to check your charts." I replied, walking  away from Gwen.

     "Um, can I ask you something?" she asks shyly.

     "Sure, what do you want to know?" I ask, now at the charts. I start to go through them. I seem to have covered everything. Wait- nope, I missed one. Memory.

     "What happened to me. I asked you, my family, the nurses during some of the tests last night, but nobody would answer me. Please, what happened?" She asked desperately. I was surprised for a moment, stunned by what she asked of me. But I had been avoiding that subject, and told everyone else to do the same. I sighed, knowing that I would have to tell her now.

       "It is a long story, and I don't know all of it, but here is what I know..." and so I began to tell her the story.


© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
Hey, I know this is a shortish chapter, but I wanted to post it anyways. as always, please review! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Both point of views isn't needed, it's repeating the story and unnessacry. The second paragraph second sentance should be thought. not though. Also, what the doctors thinking doesn't need quotation marks. I think you should add more to this chapter as well, it doesn't really have a plot except her waking up, there's no climax or resolution. I think if you fix those things, it will be really good.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww crep, sorry, I got my characters screwed up! It is supposed to be gwendolyns chapter! Well, that's what you get for writing three chapters at the same time! :P I'll fix it in a sec!

Posted 12 Years Ago


At the beginning it says "Sophora's chapter" and didn't you change her name? Other than that, great chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it :)
Well done x

Posted 12 Years Ago


I found it a bit unnecessary for this chapter to both be in the doctor's and Sophora's point of view, because the event was just repeated twice. Also, there could have been more detail added throughout, I felt that it lacked it some areas.
Other than that, I'm certainly eager to find out what happens next! You have a great story here. It's dark and insane-- my favorite! (:

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie