chapter seventeen: Breakfast in the Great Hall

chapter seventeen: Breakfast in the Great Hall

A Chapter by Abbie
"

Sophora leaves to go to breakfast, and get her Hogwarts schedule. dedicated to Young Dreamer for her Birthday. Happy birthday Dreamer!!!!!!

"

Sophora

          As soon as I walk out the door, I run into something solid. I look up to see something- or someone rather �" that normally would give anyone chills down their spine. Not me though, I’m used to it.

          “Best watch where you are going Miss. Scarr, you might just run into someone who won’t forgive you for it.” said a sneering voice from above me.

          “Severus. What a most pleasant morning surprise. Care to walk with me to breakfast?” I ask, and make sure that my door is locked. It is.

          “Of course, because I have nothing better to do than escort whiny children around the castle.” he said, rolling his eyes.

          “Whiny? Child? Excuse me Severus, but I’m am neither of those things. I haven’t been either for a long time…” I say, my thoughts trailing off.  I hear Severus mutter something as I put away my wand in my combat boot. “What was that Severus?”

          “I was just saying that we had better hurry to get to breakfast.” Severus said not looking me in the face.

          “So, walk with me?” I ask, now facing him. He nodded his head stiffly. I turn on my heel, and spin to face the hallway; he does the same.

          For a good portion of the walk, we remain silent. Not an awkwardly quiet silence, no. this was more of an ‘I’m content with your being there, but I don’t bother to mess it up by saying anything’ kind of silence. We were both quiet people anyway. Once we were in the open in the entrance hallway, Snape broke the silence. 

          “I expect that you will be getting your time tables today…” Snape drawled.

          “I believe so Professor.” I say. If not, what were we to do?

          “So, you will note some… differentiation on yours. Don’t be alarmed, it is no typo or mistake. It is…what it is.” he said as we walked in the great hall. I was about to ask him what he meant, but he walked up to his seat on the staff table.

          I turned to my left and took the seat closest to the staff table. I noticed that just about everyone was coming in, if they were not already here. I managed to stay away from the other Slytherins. The only people that approached me were my ‘friends’. Syrina came by and congratulated me on Head Girl, and then promptly left to sit with some other girls. Holly and Molly were bickering, but said hello none the less. Brooklyne looked like she was going to say something, but just turned around and left instead.

          I sigh, and take a bit of an apple that’s in the fruit bowl in front of me. Every day at breakfast, since my first year when I sat alone, there has always been the same fruit bowl. I’m assuming that Dumbledore figured that I like my apples.

          Right when I’m almost done with my apple, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around; ready to glare at whoever touched me. I let few touch me…. I turn to see, guess who, Everyone’s favorite little Hufflepuff Head Boy, Kadin Dagobert.

          “Kadin, what a pleasant surprise. To what do I owe the pleasure of seeing your face so early this beautiful Friday morning?” I ask, a bit cruelly.

          “Sophora!” He beamed “The headmaster has asked that we come see him at the head table.” Kadin replied sweetly.

          I roll my eyes. How you can be that peppy… “Okay, let’s go and see Albus, shall we?” I motion with my hand for him to lead the way. He walks along, chirping merry Hello’s and Good morning’s to all the professors we pass until we reach Dumbledore.

          “Sophora, Kadin, how are you? Good I hope” Albus asked, and we both replied with a yes, mine quiet, and his enthusiastic. Albus continued with a warm smile “Well, that’s fantastic. I am as well.”

          “Headmaster, is there a reason that you have called us up here? Surely there is, because someone as wise as yourself always has reasons for whatever it is that they do.” I say politely commenting.

          “Ah! Yes Sophora, there is actually! I need you two to please help the new fifth year Prefects. They are just starting and may feel a little… lost.” Albus said carefully.

          “Of course headmaster Dumbledore, anything!” Kadin says merrily. Dumbledore nodded at him, then looked at me expectantly

          “Of course Albus, we can most certainly look after the newbies.” I say smirking. This was going to be fun.  I can see McGonagall looking a little displeased, and Professor Kettleburn was stifling a laugh as he took a sip from his mug. Dumbledore’s eyes just shone with brightness and warmth, amused.

          “Fantastic. You will have a meeting with the Prefects after lunch, and one with staff, myself included, after dinner.” He said, smiling. We nodded our heads and went to go and take our seats. Just as I sat down, Dumbledore rose from his seat.

          “Students! Staff! May I have your attention please?” Every head turned towards his voice, all talking stopped. “I hope we have all had a good night’s rest, and a filling breakfast, but we have other matters to attend to… We will begin first classes in five minutes. Your schedules are in front of you.” He waved his hand in an arch, and the appeared. “If you get lost, the Prefects, head boy and girl, and the staff will all be able to direct you to your destination. First years, if you need help, ask. We do not wish for any of you to end up somewhere you don’t belong.” Dumbledore smiled, and there were some chuckles from the older students. “Now, I do believe that it is time for you to go to class! Have a fantastic first day of classes, and I shall see you all at lunch!”

          And with that, he sat down, and everyone stood up and grabbed their schedules, myself included. I glanced at the thin sheet of white parchment, and my eyes widened as I read the black ink.

Name: Miss Sophora Scarr

Date of Birth: April 30

 Hogwarts House: Slytherin

Hogwarts Year: Seventh

 

Day (across)

Time (down)

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

8:15 - 9:15

No class

Potions*

herbology

potions

herbology

Potions

Quidditch practice

9:20 �" 10:10

No class

Free class

Potions*

potions

herbology

Potions*

Quidditch practice

10:15 �" 11:15

No class

potions

Potions*

Defense against the dark arts

potions

charms

Quidditch game

11:20 �" 12:10

No class

potions

Defense against the dark arts

Defense against the dark arts

potions

charms

No class

1:00 -2:05

Quidditch practice

Defense against the dark arts

potions

free class

charms

Defense against the dark arts

No class

2:10 �" 3:20

Quidditch practice

Defense against the dark arts

potions

Free class

Potions*

Potions*

No class

3:25 �" 4:35

No class

herbology

charms

potions

Defense against the dark arts

Potions*

No class

·         Breakfast is from 7:30 - 8: 10.

·         Lunch is from 12:20 �" 12: 50

·         Dinner is from 5:00 - 6:30

·         Any time after 6: 30 is for studying, tutoring, homework, or leisurely activities

 

          Over half of my classes were in POTIONS! This was… Awesome! But one thing just didn't make any sense… you can only have a double block of potions…. So why did I have two double blocks of potions in one day? Or three potions classes? And why were there asterisks on some, but not on others? My head was so full of questions, but I decided to just…go with it.

          I took out my wand from my shoe, and said ‘ Accio Advanced Potions Making, Advanced spells for great sorcerers, and black school bag!’. Within seconds, my bag and books flew into the Great hall, and into my grasp. I grabbed another apple, and shoved it into my bag, knowing I’d need it for later. I scooped up my books, stuck my wand in my combat boot, and headed towards the dungeons. 



© 2012 Abbie


Author's Note

Abbie
review please!!!! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is freaking awesome i am so glad i read this i really enjoy every bit of it ,great job !

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

^_^ I'm glad that you like it. then next chapter should be up soonish if you wish to continue readin.. read more
OMG!!!!!!! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!!! Saphora and Snape sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

I'm almost done with it! :D
XD lol,snape would hex you into oblivion and sophora would finish .. read more
Dominique

11 Years Ago

XD I know XD But they just have to deal every now and then.
Abbie

11 Years Ago

XD totally.
I read the book... It was good :)
Sorry I didn't review on rest of the chapters
I like it ^^ I cant wait to read what happens next ^^

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Do send me an RR when its done :)
Abbie

11 Years Ago

I will!:)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

:)
YAY! the school year is starting:D interesting schedule tho! I wonder where that is gonna go O_O Good chapter! keep it up!
~Dreamer!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

I know! XD This is taking forever to get anywhere. :P
XD I know. shes sooooo confused. XDDDread more
Timeless-Chan

11 Years Ago

yay!:D and i'm looking forward to it!:D
Abbie

11 Years Ago

:D
XD I hope so.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

551 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 9, 2012
Last Updated on December 9, 2012


Author

Abbie
Abbie

MA



About
hey guys! I'm Abbie :) about me: I'm fourteen I love to read I love to write I like anime I'm in the eight grade, soon to be ninth I want to be a teacher when i grow up I also want to pub.. more..

Writing
Fall of Angels Fall of Angels

A Poem by Abbie


Her Fall Her Fall

A Poem by Abbie


Honesty Honesty

A Poem by Abbie