Bittersweet Love

Bittersweet Love

A Story by rachel
"

Part 1 of a hopefully long story. Meet Whitney and revisit the day she first met her older man

"
Introduction: Today is my Sweet Sixteen!! Only two years away from becoming an adult. Only two more years until I'm legal, and free to make my own decisions. But I wish it was closer than two years; sixteen is not good enough for me. I guess it's better than fifteen but not in ever sense.
When you're fifteen it is illegal to be in a relationship with someone over the age of eighteen. And its still illegal at the age of sixteen. My boyfriend is twenty-two, six years older than me. Things were difficult at first; fourteen months ago to be exact. I remember the day I met him like yesterday.

Saturday, September 19 (exactly fourteen months ago)

I was at the mall with the twins: Kara and Charlie, short for Charlotte.
"Ooh, I love that dress!" Kara exclaimed.
"I think you would look better in this." Charlie held up a long, red, satin dress. I compared it to the short white one I was already wearing. Thirty minutes later the three of us left the store; each carrying a dress for the homecoming dance.
"Next stop, shoes!" Kara skipped ahead of us. Charlie and I had to run to keep up with her. Kara stopped short just outside the shoe store and Charlie ran smack into her.
"What the hell Kara!?" Charlie screamed at her sister as she straightened herself out.
"Shh!" Kara motioned and pointed in the store, "Hottie alert." Charlie and I cracked up at Kara's immatureness. Then when I calmed down I really looked at the guy. He was hot! his baggy jeans sagging just low enough to show his boxers. His shaggy blonde hair grazing a gorgeous face.
I realized a little too late that I was left alone standing in the doorway. Kara and Charlie had already located the women's shoe section. I quickly snapped out of my trance and joined them. We took out box after box until we each narrowed it down to our two favorite pairs.
"Looks like we're ready to go." Charlie picked up a box as Kara stood up.
"No! I haven't decided which ones I like better yet." I panicked.
"Then go ask that boy over there which ones he likes better." Kara waves her hand in the 'hottie's' direction. So i did, I put on my favorite pair and headed over to him. 
"Hi. Sorry to bother you." I shyly walk up to him. Up close he looks so much older, and mature then the boys that go to school with me. "but I was wondering if..." my voice trailed off before I turned to look towards my friends and regained my confidence "...if you likes these shoes." I walked a little ways, then walked back towards him and flashed a flirty smile.
"Yeah, those ones are nice. Very pretty." he then stood up and I had to look up at "him. "Just like you." He looked into my eyes, then turned away immediately. "Thanks." I turned away too, mildly embarrassed.
"Wait." I turned to find his face inches from mine. "What's your name?" he asked with sincerity in his face. My mother had taught me not to talk to strangers, but i felt this an exception.
"Whitney." And at that I hurried off to meet the twins who were at the check out. I kept silent the whole ride back to my house. Then I was all alone at my house once again. My mom was in the hospital because of her cancer, and my dad was out drinking as usual.
His point of view:
I couldn't get her off my mind. That beautiful little girl. Not so much a child but not very close in age to me. I couldn't get her beautiful face out of my head. her long dark loose curls, and those sparkling, dark, mysterious eyes. And the way she walked; her slim hips swaying side to side and her cute a*s in jean shorts. 
Finally I looked her up on facebook, which is not easy without a last name. Who knows how many pages showed up before I narrowed it down by location and looking at profile pictures. 
Whitney: Hey =D
Johnathan: ur happy to talk to me?
Whitney: Just happy to talk to some1
Johnathan: What do u mean? U must talk to a lot of boys
Whitney: No. I dont hang out of talk to a lot of ppl with my parents nvr around
Johnathan: Do u have a laptop or videochat?
Whitney: Yeah, a laptop...
She had me trapped without even knowing it: no where to escape to. I had fallen under her spell just by chatting on facebook. Now I was about to see her cute face again.
"Hey cutie." I said as soon as I saw her face appear on my screen.
"You're pretty hot yourself." She replied. At that we headed into an hour-long conversation. I eventually left ichat to do some studying. I wanted to see if she would still be on thirty minutes later so I pulled up my ichat once again. Her webcam was still on but I didn't see Whitney. Then I heard it, the faint sound of someone crying. Time passed by so slowly as I waited in concern for Whitney to go back to her computer.
....

© 2010 rachel


Author's Note

rachel
This looks much longer on paper lol. I'm not posting the whole thing at once but I will keep adding to it almost everyday. Tell me what you think thanks (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love hearing stories of how couples meet so enjoyed the story... as for the part about age I understand your frustration but believe me you don't want to grow up too fast... one day you will wish to be 15 again... I think we all do that... human nature I guess.

Keep writing your form is excellent and you know how to tell a story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love hearing stories of how couples meet so enjoyed the story... as for the part about age I understand your frustration but believe me you don't want to grow up too fast... one day you will wish to be 15 again... I think we all do that... human nature I guess.

Keep writing your form is excellent and you know how to tell a story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on October 9, 2010
Last Updated on October 11, 2010

Author

rachel
rachel

MA



About
I love drawing and writing. I don't plan on becoming an author but I enjoy writing a lot. I usually write teen romances. I'm also on my schools varsity field hockey team so I keep quite busy. more..