a little too late

a little too late

A Screenplay by simplycomplex
"

a monoluge about a woman realizing her worth

"

Monologue

Elliot, 26, has just found out that his girl friend, Sheila of 4 years, has been cheating on him. They have had a turbulent year and a half. The scene takes place in the living room where he sits in the chair stage right facing the door way stage left. Sheila walks in to see his anger. She knows that he has discovered her secret and it is reinforced by his presence. She steps in and looks at the floor while advancing upon him. She stays about foot away standing nervously.

 

Sheila: You know how I hate clichés. So I won’t say that I didn’t mean to hurt you. (She raises her hand to stop his protest. She glances into his eye for a moment and then uncomfortably looks away.) After all of this time I finally realized how this worked, us. It’s not your fault. See you only gave me 70 percent. The 70 you wanted to give. Never the 30 I wanted or, even, the 100 I deserved. But I’m apologizing now cause just like this situation here, everything that was leading up to this point fell short on my part.(little confidence enters her tone) I figured if I didn’t try to push you to treat me as a woman should be treated then this would have  never happened. If I didn’t try to teach you to show affection and to care for me the way I needed, or to love me, we wouldn’t be here.  You have every right to blame me for every bit of grief and regret that you feel. I don’t know why we did last so long. (A smile cracks and she looks him straight in the eyes) My eyes were bigger than my heart in this case. And I know its there, the love. That’s what pains me the most! But my slipup was thinking you would listen to my warnings, my threats, my advice that you would lose me one day. But I gave you too much credit and that’s where I fucked up.  But all of this is my mess ‘cause I should have left years ago but I kept telling myself that ‘he’d get it one day. He’s smart’. But I can’t wait I can’t wait for that day. So I’m, sorry. And yeah, yeah, yeah, yes, I get it, I know you did your best but so did I. I’m so sorry. I should have told you that your efforts weren’t enough. And now look at all of the I’ve time wasted. All of your time I’ve wasted. One of my many blunders. (She walks to the stairs. Reaching her hand onto the banister she stops. Bringing her voice back to a humble tone it begins to trail and she looks down at the floor again) it really wasn’t about hurting anyone. it just… wasn’t.. about you.

© 2011 simplycomplex


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

gorgeous

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on September 3, 2011
Last Updated on September 3, 2011