the sweetest heartbreak

the sweetest heartbreak

A Poem by simplycomplex
"

a look at love

"

We would never intentional break each other's heart but really who does. If that should happen it would be the sweetest heartbreak ever.

A dry face and sleep would be but a memory. But the suffering would be everlasting. I know that I have given it my all and I have received the very best and in the end we both know that we have been truly loved. We could rejoice in knowing that our passion could never be matched.

 But in this journey called love, we are fueled by the intricacies of that very same passion, and dare another love to ignite with the same type of combustible chemistry.  To cry a thousand nights for one night's worth of you would be the lowest threshold of suffering I could bear. With bare limbs I would weather any storm to witness your wrath.  To witness your grace, I would withstand the brunt of an infinite amount of enemies in addition to that... If I were to drift away in a sea of your fears, I would dive head first and attempt to drink them all away... 

Just know that i promise to always love you and only death could separate us. Even then the faceless, soulless entity must shed a tear for the loss of a force so powerful that it rivals god's wrath. But only with god's blessing could this have happened. May we both be stricken down simultaneously for one second apart would be worse than death. But may we live forever inhaling the fumes experiencing what the worst of addicts wish they could capture. Ravishing each other's supply of the deadly drug. But its surplus never dwindles for it is endless...

Tasting such a drug leaves us in a position to encounter our sweet distaste for it. Hating to love.  The paradox of this divine sanction of which we've come to grip ever so tightly. Our perceived hatred is merely intensified terror; a high of this altitude is deadly when it comes down...

           But may we never come down! Together, we are each other's permission slips to the skies where clouds seem to elope; we shall follow suit. 

© 2011 simplycomplex


Author's Note

simplycomplex
a collaboration w/ my ex. go figure lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. This is so beautiful that I do not know how to exactly say that this is fantastic. The word choice was extreme, and how you used the words was clever.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 2, 2011
Last Updated on September 2, 2011

Author

simplycomplex
simplycomplex

New York, NY



Writing