Binding Mal-ena

Binding Mal-ena

A Story by sienna
"

This fictional short story is a twist on the secrets of the galaxy and fanatical characters with gods and goddesses and traits gathered from the sun and the moon. Wish the story was longer, enjoy! ;)

"
    In every galaxy there is a light within the dark empty abyss. There are planets that revolve only in glass or storms, or in heat or in cold. One planet in particular only survives by the heat of the sun. The planet Kaelin is nearly 560,000 miles from the sun, close enough that every inch of the planet revolves around day light. The heat brings the people of Kaelin energy within their souls, creating them to even have powers of sun healing. They called the sun their goddess. The goddess named Sol gives them the very life on their planet. The planet the opposite of them was the planet Kiron. They are the planet that only operates and survives through the moon. The moon gives them energy to do waterbending and sea rituals. The two opposing planets have never gotten along. Kiron's god of the moon, named Lun, had a falling out with the goddess Sol many centuries when the planets were just forming. Their love was a symbol of tragedy and how neither people from each planet can bring harmony or balance to their differences. Sol brought fire and energy, but she also brought destruction. Lun was often distant very cold to Sol. The two were bound to never be harmonious. Not trying to destory their own planets their final compromise was to create a bridge connected to one another for resources. The people of Kaelin bring healing and the people of Kiron bring waterbending forces.
    But this is the story of how the fate of two gods brought in the fate of two completely different lovers who will find themselves as equals. 
    A young girl named Cilena was a sun healer and would often venture to Kiron to bring her healing powers to those men who worked in rough oceans. She crossed the bridge almost every day, aiding the people of Kiron with pleasure. Cilena never despised anyone, for she was like the sun. Warm and charming and always kind to those who showed her kindness. On her healing trip she met a young man who was severly injured from an ocean accident. He was whipped with the current and deteriorated his ability to speak, as if he lost his voice. Cilena took great care for him, making it her mission to look after him. The young man was so afraid, so distant, and never let anyone touch him but her. She wanted to know his name but he could not tell her. If she wnated to know Cilena would have to ask another person of Kiron who would have to put aside their differences to give her that information. It was very unlikely so she never did ask. But the two grew very close, and the man was so fond of Cilena. He would often stare at her as she healed him with heat, she would sing to him and talk to him. His eyes were so blue they almost looked as icicles. But they melted right before the sight of Cilena. 
   Each day Cilena spent more time in Kiron, and people of Kaelin began to notice. Calling her a traior, spreading rumors. The only found comfort poor Cilena had was from the young man of Kiron. She did not understand why their fondness was wrong but she felt as if she was betraying her planet, her goddess Sol. She refrained from not seeing him as much. Yet Cilena only felt happy when with him, he calmed the fire in her that burned with each insult people spat at her. He brought her tranquil flow, and comfort. On what Cilena thought was going to be her last trip to Kiron she wanted to tell him how much she enjoyed his company, but that soon she will not be allowed on the planet anymore to see him. That it was forbiddden for them to be seen as friends, or worse lovers. Her heart was aching to bring this news. But that day something pulled her near so close that she knew she was irrevocably in love with him. The young man was able to speak again after all her help of healing him, and thats when he spoke his name. His name, was Malakai. Malakai whispered it in a silk voice so deep like the oceans he ventured and it pulled Cilena under his current. She was swooned and in love with her new found friend and once he spoke his name she wanted him to speak to her with that voice forever.
  So the two would meet in secret. Malakai would always bring her moon flowers to keep and Cilena would always bring him sunflowers to keep. Their exchange was a token of their love blossoming each time they met. They even finally shared a kiss as they watched a shooting star fly over them. Malakai softly wishpered to her that his wish had already come true, that he had found his other piece of his soul that he wanted to intertwine and roam the universe with forever. Cilena wept a tear for her wish was not true. She knew that they will never be accepted to be with each other. And after they shared their kiss Cilena realized something was wrong. She felt a sharp pang within her and she quickly flew back to her planet. Cilena had found her planet slowly darkening. Little by little to be a warning from the god Lun. Malakai went back to his planet only to see that the goddess Sol was brightening his planet little by little casting short fires around the homes. The two were very angry, Cilena and Malakai's love have made the gods very angry, telling them that this will not be allowed, it will make the people of their planet suffer. That their love would make people of both planets combine and create the same chaos to errupt, proving Sol and Lun right in their ways to part. Destroying the harmony of their balance within their planets. 
   Cilena and Malakai were in such anguish. They cannot harm the people of their planets just for their love. But why can't they just love one another, their love was balanced and pure and beautiful. Timeless. The two talked about leaving their galaxy and living somewhere together where no one would find them. But where? Neither have ever ventured as far beyond their own home it could be so dangerous, living in fear, hiding. It would not be right. There was nothing the two could do to be together forever. 
   Unless. They became something else, another being, not just souls of the tainted gods who created their planet. But they could turn into another part of the universe. They could become their own planet. Undestroyable. Unformidable. The two would have to dissapate into one another harvesting their beings and energy into one withheld planet. 
   So Cilena and Malakai met in secret one last time, and together they joined their souls, crashing together as a milkway, connecting every atom, every neuron, every sliver of energy tying like a ribbon as they kissed passionately. They shot up from the galaxy of their homes venturing far beyond where the gods could reach them, or find them. Through the tube of intergalactic dimensions of space and matter did they reach a resolution where they became as a planet that stood with many potential friends. They were around the planets mercury, venus, saturn, and jupiter. Cilena and Malakai greeted their new friends as they planted themeslves in their new found home. They clashed together to create their planet that will stand with the sea, with the day, and with the night. And they named it, Earth. The breathe of life with fire, and oceans, with days and with nights they created each part of themselves in a planet of harmonious connected matter. 
   Cilena and Malakai spent their time on their new planet taking the forms as human beings. Just as the energy they were before but now they have skin, flesh, and bone. They played and tocuhed and loved each other in their bodies swimming throigh every end of the ocean, and gazing upon every sunrise and sunset. Laying in fields of their tokens of love. Laying on fields of sunflowers and moon flowers. They would breathe in the nights allowing the darkness to pour in for their love to be the light blazed and beamed. Cilena and Malakai lived on forever, in the legacy of the new home that they made, in the balance they found within each other, and the unrelinquishing depth of their love that will have Cilena and Malakai to be two souls now as one, to roam the universe leaving a trail of little blazes of fire and ice, forever...
  
                                                                                      THE END!!!!!

© 2024 sienna


Author's Note

sienna
Let me know what you guys think! I settled for a cool, happy ending and I hope you all enjoyed my twists and turns. Reminder that any tips are also always appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on August 4, 2024
Last Updated on August 4, 2024

Author

sienna
sienna

About
Hi! I am a poetry (and maybe short story) writer for about 14 years now (really ever since I was little)! My poetry and writings are highly emotionally involved and can be dark and mysterious. I love .. more..

Writing