Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Dreaming

A Story by sienna
"

This is a short story regarding one of my lucid dream experiences, it is one of many, and I wrote it in a way that foreshadows things and adds a hint of mystery, enjoy. ;)

"
     Before I could crack open my eyes I feel the gust of wind wisp across my back. I am guessing I was not wearing anything 
because my back felt bare. Something also felt soft and crumble-like beneath my face. My face. I am laying down on my 
stomach and my head is turned to the side where the unknown softness is pressing into my cheek. I stretched out my fingers out and back in and I now felt what I was laying on. It was sand. Cracking open my eyes I lifted up my head to get a glimpse of where I was. My hair was matted to my face and I streched my arms out in from of me for leverage to sit up. I have no idea how I got here. I was transported some way to this place that my mind or some power, felt as if I should be here.
   I gazed upon my destination and saw that I was on a deserted beach. I did not see an ocean in front of me, there were no sounds of waves carshing. There was no sun, just clouds, and no water, just sand. I was staring at the nothingness beyond me as I finally began to sit up on my knees, dusting my hands off and clapping them together to fully get rid of the sand. My hands. I looked down at them, it wasn't often that I looked at my own body when I come to places like this, when I dream really at all. "I feel so real, yet so unreal at the same time" I said. 
   I turned my head left to right one more time just to make sure I was completely alone. I always liked to talk outloud when I realize I am somewhere else like this. It enhances my experiences and allows me to tap into my body in these strange places. It came in handy when I needed to make myself fly, to waterbend, or even to make a weapon if I was in danger. It was the same as saying a magic word to make a magic spell be casted and happen. It held energy and that energy wpuld hear your desires and needs. Something that wasn't safe to do around people here.
    I realized that I have been just sitting here talking to myself in a place that is deserted. I think it's time to leave and find another "otherwhere" to be. So I do what I always do. I crouched my head down into the sand and motioned my arms in front of me in a swimming motion. And through the sandy floor I went. I kept tumbling through worlds just about twice before I stopped in one. I never knew why I decided to fall through the ground into different places, I never even knew when was the right moment to do it. It was just something that was like a second nature that occured once, and I was able to do it ever since. Then again you don't really think much in places like this. It is not a world where human thoughts occur.
    I am standing now, I do not ever know hwo i am able to move my body from being crouched to now standing, your are never aware of your movements. I am standing in a city, next to a park with matted grass and a huge fence. I am on a sidewalk staring across the street where a big gray tall church stood. 
    A new world, new dialogue, and that means new characters. You only ever have a few moments to be in touch with yourself before you begind to fade and fuzz. Before you fall into the scripted scenes that your dream have set the stage for you in each specific setting. They don't like when you interfere with that by becoming aware. All it takes is one character, one sense, one reflection, and you can be awake again. You cannot see your face though, so you have to control what you look like in front of others the moment you realize. Because, if they know, and if you say those words, you will being to fold beneath yourself through those worlds and your own. Till you feel nothing but the tingling sensation of your body leaving itself in paralyzation. Each time you're umbling in agony, trying to pull yourself from this world by using your physical body, over, and over, and over again. You can't breathe, speak, you can only know that you must leave, must awake. So you step into the body that is in that world and drag yourself awake above the surface of your mind. Till it is just another morning you had to feel the pain in your body being pulled apart in the inbetween. 

© 2024 sienna


Author's Note

sienna
Hey! This was probably my first time writing a short story in a while so please excuse any weird errors or if it is kinda sucky, lol. Let me know what you think and tips are always appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on July 27, 2024
Last Updated on July 27, 2024

Author

sienna
sienna

About
Hi! I am a poetry (and maybe short story) writer for about 14 years now (really ever since I was little)! My poetry and writings are highly emotionally involved and can be dark and mysterious. I love .. more..

Writing