in a pub

in a pub

A Story by stanley
"

a very short story whilst in a pub

"
"let me have one more barman!!"
"OK, but don't act up like before then, we all know you love your pint of beer"
guess i am a well known drunkard in this town, well known for my absurdity when i am drunk. once i tried to set my tree on fire without any gasoline, well let me say this, that didn't go so well because i tried and tried until day break and i found myself asleep next to my intended victim.

"hey!! Sipho come here u bugger"
"hey Sbu, getting drunk again, guess the job thing didn't go as intended"
"please spare me the pressures of life, Barman!! you scoundrel, bring one more pint, its for my jovial friend here"
"OK, you drunkard"
here he come with some beer, Peters Place is a well established pub in my community all the outcasts rest there and find a sense of peace and assurance, no judgement is bestowed also, only man of similar problem and a slight of character familiarity (which is the drink) dance at this pub.
"Sbu, where's May?"
"don't know she left with all her panties, know i am left with my undies"
"you really messed up this time with her"
"i know man" this time my voice was scratchy in pain, damnt i hate falling in love, to be emotionally depended to someone, that's complete hell disguised in purple pine roses. 
love is pure hell, pure hell, that thought was whirling in my aching-heart, i love her deeply willing to change for her but now look at me just...
"lets drink man, lets forget about love and beauty"
"no Sbu i have found love" why is he answering this with laughter, totally irritating to my core.
i hated a man who proffes his love to us hopeless fellows who don't believe it, who have lost love and will never offer any reward for it to be found, i hated Sipho in that moment just wanted to snatch that pint i bought for him, with his calm expression of satisfaction he didn't belong here at Peters Place, happy people don't belong here.

"don't worry sbu, you will make something of this situation"
"i guess so" that reply had a touch of irritation to it, this guy must stop pestering me with hope and lets have some beers,
"i head you doing good for yourself, what you doing with the likes of us"
"you my friend aren't you?"
"guess i am"


to be continued

© 2015 stanley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

starting writer, testing my abilities

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2015
Last Updated on March 13, 2015

Author

stanley
stanley

johannesburg, gaunteng, South Africa



About
aspiring writer who is passionate about poetry, short stories and assay writing, willing to receive all kinds of constructive criticism as i am willing to learn as much as i can in this art form more..

Writing
The fighter The fighter

A Story by stanley


The Trial The Trial

A Story by stanley