Chapter Three: Finding the Time Keeper

Chapter Three: Finding the Time Keeper

A Chapter by Short.Nerd

"So when are the rest of us going to show up?"  Elizabeth Black asked twirling her blond hair in between her fingers.  She had been in Jackson, Florida for what seemed like forever waiting for the others who were unfrozen. 

 

Dawson McCormick shrugged.  He had shown up shortly after Elizabeth had and they had met in the middle of the road in front of a gas station.  Dawson was going in to get some food, while Elizabeth was just wondering around.

 

Dawson had dark brown hair that looked black from far off.  He had eyes that were the same way.  They were really a beautiful shade of brown, but looked black.  His nose was slightly wide, but it fit his face good. 

 

Elizabeth was a natural beauty.  She had glorious blond hair that curled, and the roots were a dark brown, but it was stunning anyway.  Her eyes were the color of glossy chestnuts, and she had long eyelashes above them.  Her lips were painted a soft pink and she had a little eyeliner on also.

 

"I mean how long have we been here?"  Elizabeth  complained not even noticing that Dawson wasn't really paying attention to her.  The girl was a natural chatter box sense the day she was born.

 

"Come on Liz."  Eric Knightley rolled his eyes.  He found Elizabeth and Dawson shortly after he had arrived in the small town.  Jackson wasn't that big at all so it wasn't that hard.  "The rest of us want to know where everyone else is at too."

 

Eric had short cut blond hair that was starting to get a bit shaggy, and warm brown eyes that could make almost any girl's heart melt.  He was very muscular and about average height.  Eric was a complete girl magnet and he knew it, and almost always used it to his advantage.

 

"What if their aren't anymore of us?"  Elizabeth said reaching into her black purse and pulling out a piece of mint green gum.  "What if we're just going to be stuck here waiting forever?"  She slowly stuck the gum into her mouth and started chewing. 

 

"That doesn't make since." Dawson said reaching into the phone to check the time.  For a moment, he forgot that time wasn't moving, even though they were just talking about it.

 

"None of this makes since."  Eric grumbled  sounding a bit irritated.  He looked at Dawson strangely as he pulled out his phone.  When Dawson saw that look he realized what he was doing and put the phone away.  "If it did more people would be here by now!"

 

Dawson tried not to groan out loud.  He didn't think he could take another round of Elizabeth worrying about the world being frozen or Eric acting like a grouch.  He understood that she had a right to be freaked out, but was it really necessary for her to talk about if for an hour and a half?  Dawson was so bored by that talk he ended up taking his phone out and timing her rant/breakdown on the subject.

 

And Eric was almost a grown man for Petes sake.  Didn't he know how to put his big boy boxers on and deal with life?  Being grumpy about it wouldn't get them anywhere.

 

"Hey what's that?"  Dawson said suddenly that he even surprised himself.  He pointed his slightly pale hand past an ice cream shop, some frozen cars, and a few people.  He squinted his eyes trying to make sure he wasn't insane for seeing someone moving.

 

Eric and Elizabeth both looked at each other, then towards where Dawson was pointing.  They both saw the moving person too.  Finally, someone else was here to join the group. 

 

"Well,"  Eric said starting to walk towards the person.  "I don't know about y'all but I'm going to find whoever that is."  Then he left to find the newest group member leaving Dawson and Elizabeth alone.

 

 



© 2011 Short.Nerd


Author's Note

Short.Nerd
Well I finally have all the characters introduced. So now hopefully this can get more interesting. Watcha think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job. I'm not sure if its been mentioned or not but 'since' should be 'sense' I try not to read other reviews until after I have.

Posted 13 Years Ago


so far i like the characters awesome job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ooh. I'm loving this more and more each coming chapter. I'm reading on.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great so far, Get to writing the next chapter!!!! I want to read it some more! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yay! Eric is mine people!!! LOL! I might change characters though... Hm... who else should I claim...?? LOL! Wonderful chapter though, I loved the cliffhanger. :)

~Lizzard~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i think iut's agood cliffhanger, maybe it's the girl from the beginning of the story. u have wonderful discription of the characters! ^^
And Eric was almost a grown guy-almost a grown man.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yay. More people. I'm really excited to see where and how this goes. P

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

323 Views
7 Reviews
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 9, 2011


Author

Short.Nerd
Short.Nerd

About
www.facebookblast.com THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONTRUCTION DON"T JUDGE IT! Thanks, :) -------------------Girls----------------------- --------------are like apples---------------- ---------on trees... more..

Writing