Chapter 3: Attraction

Chapter 3: Attraction

A Chapter by lottima
"

The combat through Selene's eyes.

"

Chapter 3

Attraction

 

 

          While Alex was exchanging small talk with Chaos, Selene forced herself not to look at the latter, as to not rip off his head in repayment for the curse he inflicted upon her. She hated him with every fibre of her being.

            Her gaze fell upon Stryker, the one who was allegedly his son. She had no quarrel with him, and didn’t intend to. He looked at her, levelly meeting her stare, and something connected. She dropped her gaze and blushed…or would have if she wasn’t so damn inanimate. Who ever thought of a blushing corpse? Even in legends it didn’t exist.

            She returned her gaze to the demon’s son, awesome, he isn’t looking. His skin was the most stunning pale blue that she had ever seen; it looked like a sparkling winter blue sky. His wonderful blue-black hair was the colour of a raven’s wing and was cut just below his ears, styled back the long of his head in the most fabulous hairstyle that existed. And his eyes…In the millisecond in which she saw his eyes, she noticed that they were a deep sea blue, unmarred by pupils or anything else. She could just get lost in them and she wouldn’t mind if she did.

            Selene almost fainted, thinking about those gorgeous, beautiful, eyes. She caught herself though, seeing Alex look her way, then return her gaze to Chaos. Phew! That was close! She shuddered to think what Alex would say if she knew. Knowing her, she’d probably tease her a bit, go on about how she shouldn’t have any feelings for him, and then let well alone.

            But how could she have feelings for anyone else? Everyone who knew she was a vampire treated her like a freak, whereas everyone else shunned her because she supposedly came from the north. She wasn’t one of them, and would never be. And her mouth just watered at the succulent smell that wafted around the town. She just itched to get her hands on them, what was one more or one less to her? But then, she wouldn’t be able to live with herself, knowing that she was a murderer. What a stupid expression, “not being able to live with oneself” when I’ve already theoretically died.

            She noticed a movement, and saw Alex trying to run away in vain with Kaylee. She felt a surge of anger as Chaos outstripped her with ease.

            ‘Oh no, you won’t get her,’ Selene said aloud. ‘Kaylee is the only person who didn’t look at me like a freak show. Find someone else, but not her.’

            Evangeline shot her a withering glance as she ran swiftly towards her father. Selene followed, putting on a burst of speed to get to Alex. ‘I got your back.’

            As the three others circled them, there was a strange beauty in their movements, almost like a dance; it was entrancing, making her feel as though she could watch it for hours. Then Alex snapped at Evangeline, as a cornered wolf would. Selene’s gaze darted towards Chaos, the time for vengeance had not yet come, but she could taste it in the air.

            She growled and �" unfortunately �" he noticed her as she did so, whipping round to face her before she could initiate an attack. He smiled a cunning evil smile, for that was what he was; evil. She snarled and spat at him as they circled each other, each trying to find a weakness or a lapse of concentration in the other.

            Chaos asked in an infuriating, unemotional polite tone. ‘Did you lose them to the wolves when you followed them around?’

            ‘Along with my emotions,’ she replied in an equally cold voice, ignoring the bit about wolves. ‘When you suddenly decided you owned the rights to my life and death by cursing me.’

            ‘Oh really,’ he sneered. ‘Then why do I seem to recall that you felt some emotion when it involved Kaylee, or when I blessed you? Yes it is a blessing to be one of us.’

Selene refused to be goaded into making a wrong move by him mentioning her sore points, but she couldn’t help but wonder on his opinions, so she asked hesitatingly. ‘Why…why on earth would you think that this is a blessing? To be condemned to an everlasting life, and the thing you want the most is attained through means of murder.’

            ‘Ah, but you are seeing it from the human’s point of view my dear; nothing on earth makes me think this, but rather reasons from a different place.’

            ‘Stop speaking in riddles Chaos, and get to your point.’

            ‘Well, imagine all the knowledge you could gleam in an eternity compared to a mortal’s pitiful lifespan,’ his eyes gleamed. ‘You could destroy the world, or save it. Destiny would be placed in your hands. You have become the world’s most beautiful predator and yet you reject it? Join us Selene; and you will no longer be treated as an outsider, but as one of us.’

            In response, Selene hissed at him, telling him exactly what she thought about being one of them, and not very politely either.

            ‘Ouch, I must’ve touched a raw spot. Such a shame Selene,’ Chaos was getting to her, and he knew it. ‘But as you have seen yourself, you have just experienced emotions, is that not so? It is only one step away from hate, to love; and I see that you may have already taken that step with Stryker is that not so-’

            Selene cut him off by rushing at him and buffeting him backwards. She knew that she shouldn’t have - for it was blatantly obvious that he was stronger than her �" but she couldn’t help it. When he had mentioned Stryker, butterflies had blossomed in her stomach, and she had liked that feeling of warmth, one she didn’t have that often.  Not a feeling she wanted at that moment, because…

            ‘You forget, Selene,’ Chaos had snuck up behind her. ‘Revenge is a dish better served cold.’

            And with that, he punched her in the face, or at least tried to. She ducked at the last possible moment, and soon their only movements were a series of flurried blows, too fast for the human eye to see.



© 2010 lottima


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010


Author

lottima
lottima

Limousin, France



About
Hey, I'm Charlie, and I love writing, drawing, acting... Anything arsty I guess, come to think of it! If you're wondering why my profile picture is a wolf, it's because I'm writing some books, and th.. more..

Writing