Locally Available Tri Wing Screwdriver Alternatives

Locally Available Tri Wing Screwdriver Alternatives

A Story by Shauna Allen
"

If you own a Nintendo product and want to separate it, you can ask, "Can I get a three-wing screwdriver at the local level?" The brief answer is "probably not."

"

If you own a Nintendo product and want to separate it, you can ask, "Can I get a three-wing screwdriver at the local level?" The brief answer is "probably not." They are certainly not available in any of the big retailers in the box. Independent hardware stores are also very little likely to wear them, as they are almost exclusively used in Nintendo products. An independent electronics repair shop can have a few for their own use, but it is quite unlikely that they have them on sale. So now you're facing a decision. Do you order one online and wait a few days for it to arrive, or try to improvise?

 

Anyone who feels comfortable making their own repairs or modifications to something like a Nintendo product, probably has the skills to improvise a tool to remove the three wing screws. There are many options locally available that people have tried. Small flat-tipped screwdrivers, modified Phillips-head screwdrivers, and fused BIC pens have produced a certain degree of success.

 

Small flat blade screwdriver is the easiest to try. The only trick is to find one that is small enough to fit in the central part of the recess in the shape of y in the Tri-wing screw. After that, it's just a matter of applying enough force to turn the screw without exaggerating and making the screwdriver to escape. The biggest drawback of this method is that screwdrivers that are small enough to fit are not strong enough to handle the task. The screwdriver is likely to be damaged after removing only a few screws.

 

The modified Phillips screwdriver is another method used to improvise a three-wing screwdriver. The only step in the modification is to remove a wing of the Phillips screwdriver so that it is in the shape of a T instead of a cross. The resulting "T" should be small enough to fit in the middle of the recess and into the Tri-wing screw. Since the setting is less than perfect, wait for this screwdriver to remove the screws easily. Once a screw is released, the removal by any means becomes very difficult.


The latest type of improvised wing screwdriver is the fused BIC pen. This method works reasonably well for some types of screws, but it is a very poor method to try to remove tri wing screws. The basic method is to heat the end of a BIC pen until the plastic is soft. Once the plastic is soft enough, the pen is pressed into the screw head and kept there until the soft plastic returns to its hardest state. The result is a screw recess plastic mold. The pen is then used as a screwdriver. It is a weak screwdriver and usually cannot handle the torque needed to remove the screws.

 

The best method to remove the three wing screws is to use the right tool for the job. Tri-wing screwdrivers are not generally found in the locality, but are easily purchased online. The shipping cost is usually minimal, if not free. A word of caution, shipping times vary greatly from one place to another. Be sure to do some research so you don't end up waiting a month for your bargain price Super Tri wing screwdriver to get there.

© 2017 Shauna Allen


Author's Note

 Shauna Allen

I'm Shauna Allen from Charlotte, North Carolina.


I'm founder and editor of The Review Search. I'm very ambitious in life and enjoy meeting new people. I love to share my knowledge and help poor people.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on August 28, 2017
Last Updated on August 28, 2017
Tags: Home Improvment, tools