My Experience with Omani People

My Experience with Omani People

A Story by Shagul Hameed

Some months ago I was very new to Oman and I never had any Oman nationals as my friend. At  my first experience itself I realize Oman and Omani’s have friendliness in nature.


I love to share few words from my experience.


In the late evening, sun about to plunge down on the west. I started my walking towards Al-Gubhra beach which is few kilometers from the place where i stayed.


I got a time for my evening prayer; I rush to find a mosque nearby. affectionately one voice called upon me saying that I am also going for prayer let's join.


I said OK we will walk and go, though mosque was little long to walk he offered me join in his car. without saying no, I said OK for further go.


Firstly, we found a mosque and completed our obligatory prayer, in fact he leaded the prayer since we missed main course of prayer.


he said he will drop me the place where we met, I said it's ok you carry on, but the gentle Omani never let me go away by leaving there.


then I joined with him and he dropped me the same place where we met.


Secondly, he called me and said come we can have cup of tea and then you continue your walking, I said yes that would be great.


We enjoyed the tea and exchanged some talks socially and personally, I about to give cash to Keralite chetta for our tea, he stopped immediately and said you are my guest and I will pay for you.


Further I have no words to deny it. again, at the same time he bought for me a bottled drinking water and said you are going for a short walk without water?


It is not good for your health, please accept this too, I accepted with warm pleasure and then we went on our way.

Indeed, I don't know his name until now, I am met him first time.


He could have come across many outsiders in his life. but the way he given hospitality and care was amazingly good.

“took me in his own car, offered a tea , cared like his own brother by giving a bottled water and finally he paid the penny from his pocket and said I am his guest ”.


What else we need from a human rather than this. though I am very new to Oman, I can say Omani’s are best companions at present in the world.  By the mercy of almighty Indeed Oman and Omani’s will raise in high. I whispered If God wills, we will meet in the hereafter.

© 2019 Shagul Hameed


Author's Note

Shagul Hameed
Thumbs up it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

While the language is a bit off throughout, I could feel the joy, the warm sentiments that you have for Oman and the friend that you made. Indeed, kindness towards a stranger is a beautiful thing. We should show kindness to one another always. Enjoy your life in Oman. I'm sure you will meet many wonderful friends along the way. Inshallah.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

While the language is a bit off throughout, I could feel the joy, the warm sentiments that you have for Oman and the friend that you made. Indeed, kindness towards a stranger is a beautiful thing. We should show kindness to one another always. Enjoy your life in Oman. I'm sure you will meet many wonderful friends along the way. Inshallah.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 6, 2019
Last Updated on November 7, 2019

Author

Shagul Hameed
Shagul Hameed

Muscat



About
Wayoflight.co 提供變革性和富有同情心的療法,幫助您實現真正的&#.. more..