17: Spring Break

17: Spring Break

A Chapter by Mikey S.
"

The Crew head to Dockweiler Beach to kick off their spring break with Tom's friends, Drake and Stella, where Drake tries to tell Andrew how he actually feels.

"
Somewhere Weird: White Room
Drake and Andrew stand in a weird white room talking.

Drake: Andy there’s something I wanted to tell you for the longest time.
Andrew: What is it?
Drake: I’ve always loved you since the first day we have met.
Andrew: You have?
Drake: Yes Andy but what do you think of me?

As Andrew answers Drake’s question everything becomes silent. Drake is able to see Andrew’s mouth move but can hear nothing.

Drake(voice only): Andy what was that? (shout)Andy! ANDY!!!

Jacksonville, Florida- Drake’s House: Drake’s Room- Monday
Drake wakes up from a dream breathing heavily. Stella sits on a chair next to the door recording Drake.

Stella: That’s a keeper. It’s about time you woke up. All you did for the past 15 minutes was scream Andy.
Drake: You know watching someone while they sleep is creepy. What are you doing here anyway? School doesn’t start for another hour.
Stella: You’re gay so why should it bother you if a girl watches you sleep?
Drake: It’s still creepy.
Stella: So we are going next week?
Drake: Yeah, next week is spring break.

Lakeside High: Entrance- Friday Afternoon
School lets out for spring break. Tom, Andrew and Michael exit the school with Michael jumping on Tom’s back with excitement.

Michael W.(excited): Yay! We’re finally out for spring break! A full week of no school!
Tom(holding Michael up): I know, can you get off my back now?
Stella(laugh): You were right Drake, its hilarious here.
Tom(confused): That’s a familiar voice.

Attention is forwarded to the bus lane where Tom is able to see Drake and Stella stand next to a street light.

Michael W.(cheerful/jump off Tom): Hey Drake’s back, but who’s the girl?
Tom(excited): Drake! Stella you came this time!

Tom's House: Living Room
Tom brings Andrew, Michael, Drake and Stella over to his house.

Tom(happy): What are you guys doing here? I thought you said you’d come tomorrow?
Drake: We skipped the last few hours of school and caught an earlier flight.
Stella: Judging from description (point at Andrew) your Andy (point at Michael) and your Mike right?
Michael W.: Yep.
Andrew(shy): Yes.
Tom: Marie, Kyle, Sarah and Darcy should be here soon to talk about the trip.
Michael W.(confused): What trip?

The doorbell rings and Marie, Kyle, Sarah and Darcy enter.

Tom(think): What was the point of ringing the doorbell if you were just going to enter.
Kyle: She’s new.
Stella: Hi I’m Stella, it’s great to meet you all. From what Tom and Drake tell me(point at Marie) you must me Marie, (point at Sarah) you must be cheerleader Sarah, (point at Darcy) you must me the student council vice president Darcy (point at Kyle) and your baseball all-star Kyle.
Drake: Again? How’d you manage to get all that right when you didn’t even listen to me?

Drake and Stella argue back and forth.

Tom(laugh): Good times. Anyway, how’s the plan going? When are we going?
Michael W.(side comment): Where are we going?
Sarah: We can’t go until Monday.
Michael W.(side comment): What’s happening Monday?
Kyle: Richard, Courtney, Savannah, Kim, Tim, Mark and Elliott are coming too.
Michael W.(side comment): Why are all of our friends gathering?
Darcy: So everything should be good by then if you mother can take us.
Michael W.(side comment): What’s misses C. doing? (shout) IS ANYBODY GONNA TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Drake and Stella stop arguing. Marie taps Michael on the head and he calms down.

Drake: Didn’t anyone tell Mike what we’re doing?
Andrew: We are going to Dockweiler Beach on Monday.
Michael W.(mad): We’re going on Monday and nobody even bothered to tell me? What the hell.
Marie: If somebody told you before hand, you’d annoy us all week about it.
Michael W.(sad): That’s not nice.

Michael sits in a corner moaning. Stella comforts him.

Stella: Its ok Mike, we’re not all that bad.

Tom, Kyle, Sarah and Darcy laugh, Andrew smiles, Marie becomes jealous, and Drake becomes sad.

Michael W.(rebound): Crap! I’ve got to be somewhere. I’ll see you all Monday.

Michael jets out of the house.

Tom: He’ll be back tomorrow.
Kyle: We should probably go too.
Tom: Ok. Seya later.

Marie, Kyle, Sarah and Darcy exit.

Stella: What was Marie so mad about?
Tom: Don’t know.
Drake(sad): Tom can I lay on your bed for a while? I think I’m still tired from the flight.
Tom: Sure Drake.

Drake exits.

Andrew: Is there something wrong with Drake?
Stella(whisper to Tom): Andy doesn’t know yet does he?
Tom(whisper to Tom): No.

Andrew stands in confusion.

Stella: He’s alright. He’s just tired.

Los Angeles: Dockweiler Beach- Monday
Daisy: We are here.
Michael W.Kim & Tim(cheerful/shout): FINALLY!

Everyone travels onto the beach and set up a spot for rest and soon separate to do separate activities. Tom, Andrew, Drake, Dakota and Courtney play around in the water. Dakota splashes water on Andrew and he falls and ands on a shell.

Andrew: Why did you have to come?
Dakota: I thought it would be fun at the beach.

Andrew stands up.

Drake(evil smile): Let’s throw him out to sea.
Andrew(evil smile): Sounds like fun.
Dakota: Uh oh.

Dakota retreats while Andrew and Drake chase him. Tom and Courtney laugh. Michael, Marie, Kim and Tim toss a Frisbee back and forth.

Tim(shout): Mike catch!

Tim throws the disk too hard and it flies over Michael and lands on a sand castle two children were building and destroys it. Michael runs over to get the disk from the angered children.

Michael W.: Can I have that back?

The children throw sand at Michael. Michael retrieves the disk and flees. Kim and Tim laugh.

Michael W.(shout): Sorry kids.
Marie(annoyed): Good grief.

Kyle and Stella play Richard and Elliott on teams in a game of beach volleyball.

Kyle: Tell me if you need any help Stella?
Stella: Alright.

Kyle serves the ball and it flies over the net. Richard returns the ball. Before the ball crosses over the net Stella spikes the ball into the sand.

Richard & Elliott(surprised): Whoa!
Kyle: I guess you don’t need any help after all.
Stella(pumped up): Come on boys, show me what you’ve got.

Daisy, Sarah and Savannah suntan on the beach.

Daisy: The weather is nice out here.
Savannah: We should come out here more often.
Sarah: Thanks for bringing us out here today.
Daisy: No problem. (shout) Tom don’t stray off too far.

Embarrassed Tom dives into the water. Andrew, Drake, Dakota, Courtney, Sarah and Savannah laugh. Darcy and Mark travel alongside the shore. Water creeps up onto Darcy and she retreats.

Mark(laugh): Water doesn’t bit Darcy.
Darcy: I know, it’s just so cold.

Darcy looks down and spots a shell and picks it up.

Darcy: I found a shell.
Mark: Can you hear the voice of the ocean?
Darcy: Don’t know.

Darcy turns over the shell and it begins to fizz up. Darcy screams and drops the shell. Mark laughs. Tom and Drake rest on the beach talking while Drake stares at Andrew.

Tom: You know it’s not polite to stare.
Drake: What?
Tom(laugh): What happened to you? You became happy fast. For the past two days you’ve just been moping.
Drake: Really? (diverting attention) I really didn’t notice.
Tom: Come on, you know that I know you better than anyone else. What’s going on?
Drake: Nothing.
Tom: Andy Dream again?
Drake: Yes.

Michael comes up behind Tom and Drake without then noticing.

Tom: Just come out and tell Andy that you love him. It will get your head clear.
Michael W.: Love Andy?

Tom and Drake turn around to Michael in surprise.

Drake: Please tell me Mike just didn’t hear you say that.
Tom: Eh… Mike about Drake. He didn’t know how to tell you so…
Drake: Case in point Mike, I’m gay and for the longest time that I’ve been in love with Andy. So hate me if you want.
Michael W.: Hate you? It doesn’t matter to me if your gay or not but if you need help telling Andy then I can help. So Tom what’s your plan?

Attention is shifted towards Tom.

Tom(confused): Eh? Why me?

While Kyle, Stella, Richard and Elliott are playing volleyball, college students come on the field and take over.

Richard: Hey! We were playing a game.
College Student 1: Preliminaries just got cancelled.

Sarah and Savannah overhear and interfere.

Sarah: Hey lug for brains, you can’t just come and kick us out.
College Student 2(smooth talk): Hey sweat thing, you wanna come along with us to a party on the beach?
Kyle(angry): Hey! That’s my girlfriend you’re talking to.
College Student 2: What about it?
College Student 1: The only way you’re gonna get us to leave is if you beat us in a game.
Savannah: Come on then. I’ll kick all your butts single handed.
College Student 1: Get six players then we will talk.

A team composed of Michael, Kyle, Sarah, Stella, Richard and Elliott is formed to play against the six college students. Everyone else stands on the sidelines to watch.

College Student 2: This is the best you’ve got?
Sarah: Are we gonna play or not?
Michael W.: How did I get sucked into this?
College Student 1: First team to five points wins.

The college students serve the ball first. The ball bounces over the net and comes down on the Crew. Elliott counters knocking the ball over to Richard standing by the net. Richard hit’s the ball up and Stella jumps up and spikes the ball into the sand.
The Crew on the sidelines cheers.

Sarah: Scared yet?
College Student 1: I’ve got how they play. Play time is over.


© 2010 Mikey S.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on August 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 28, 2010


Author

Mikey S.
Mikey S.

MD



About
What's up all? I've been writing since I was 12 starting with short stories and thus far they have been my best forms of work. I do a bit of poetry from time to time but it's sometimes rare for me.. more..

Writing
1: First Day 1: First Day

A Chapter by Mikey S.