I was with him

I was with him

A Story by Saurav Sen

I have been with him ever since he was 15..

I was there, waiting under the tree, while he played cricket.He used to hit the umpire for declaring him "out". Later hugged him and made up for he was the boy who stayed next door. Seeing them I used to chuckle under my breath.

I was there for all his tournaments...i was known to all his friends. I was part in their last minute note exchange before ...exams. Had patiently carried his guitar, never dropping it .

I traveled with him for 6 kms to play "Holi" smearing myself with sprayed paint all along.

I was there with him when he first met her. I was there always when he used to follow her all along the by lanes. I was there waiting outside the li'l eateries when they started dating.

I was there when his board exam results were out . All those days he used to be in the classroom I waited for his school to be over.

All that has been years now... his son reminds me of him...but I am forgotten...
Lakhs have been spent on his new VW but a few hundred cannot be afforded for me..

So I lie down dilapidated in one corner... rusty...just because I was the first..

His first bi-cycle..his dad gifted him when he was 15.

© 2012 Saurav Sen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on March 22, 2012

Author

Saurav Sen
Saurav Sen

Kolkata, East, India



Writing
The Rock The Rock

A Poem by Saurav Sen