Yet another night..

Yet another night..

A Story by Saurav Sen

He was in office.. its nearly 10:30 PM. He looked at his watch...there's loads more to be done.. the block of code he's working on is gonna go for testing phase in two days.. He'll have to extend till 1 AM.. two bays away another unfortunate soul is typing away.. humming away a Kailash Kher number... miles away from the actual tune.

If only things had been fine he would have been somewhere else right now, in... a totally different mood and a totally different role. 

But I guess for him, now, its more important to get some silly appreciation from some US bloke..who would , in turn, forget him once the code is deployed..and escalate him the very next day. But, at least, this monotony keeps him occupied.

If only things had been fine, he would have been attending a very special event. A very special occasion . A wedding of a common friend. All his friends are attending it. They have flown in from all parts of the country to attend it..some with their spouses.

They are understanding lot. They have not bothered him today. Of course he was invited too but they knew too well he would not make it. They know he had other priorities. He knows they'll contact him tomorrow and an get together will be planned over the weekend. He's glad he has understanding friends.

But if only things had been fine he would have attended this wedding. He would have been the one who had made all the difference to this friend. He would be the one who would have smeared the red of the new life in the parting of her hair. The hair that he had caressed for seven long years ... 

Because she was not only a common friend but the very girl he grew up loving. She too cared and had waited but he was not good enough. So today she ties the knot with the real prince charming.

Two bays away he can still hear the unfortunate soul humming away, lost in his own world of some other cyber language but echoing his thoughts..

"Bebas aur laachar firu mein..."

© 2013 Saurav Sen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on May 26, 2013
Last Updated on May 26, 2013

Author

Saurav Sen
Saurav Sen

Kolkata, East, India



Writing
The Rock The Rock

A Poem by Saurav Sen