Being Alone

Being Alone

A Poem by Ginny Woods
"

I wrote this poem to remind humanity that it's okay to feel lonely and sad. Everytime I feel that way, I crawl under my blankets and read my self-written reminder. It helps. I hope it helps you, too.

"


Being alone is nothing bad, nothing weird, neither sad. It's like flowers holding in for a moment, before rising all the way up into the sky, to smell the fresh air up there in the height. It's like a little newborn child, not talking at all, hiding its words for quite a long while, to raise its voice, proudly and full of greatness, to thank and inspire all the people that cared and loved him for who he is. Inspiration, positive vibes, that's what life is about. To love, to fear, to fail, to stand back up, not to follow the leading crowd. Life is about being honest with the loved people around, to tell them what you truly feel and fear about. Be honest with yourself, your own emotions and personal things, because you might be alone, but nobody said that this isn't the way inspiration begins. So accept to be by yourself, accept not to have someone right behind your back, accept the love you get and return it right back; Multiplied! Because people will see that love is needed and smiles should get appreciated, money and greed divorced, happiness and joy reunited, decisions decided, plans planned, ends returned. Because being alone isn't the end, it's the beginning of something never-ending. You're truly unique and special in your own way, but you need to learn that loved ones don't always stay. So give your soul a moment, be thankful for the little infinity you guys got to spend; Together, this time not forever. Because even those little infinities you feel scurrying all over your body, exploring every part of your physical and psychical being, even those can shiver and make your heart feel heavier than ever. I can't promise you that the next part of your life won't hurt that much, but please be happy and thankful for the good memories you got. Save them, hold them, let them shine in your darkest of times. Protect them as if they would be the brightest of all stars that shine. Being alone is nothing bad, rather the calm before the raising storm of inspiration that most will ignore. Yet, others will recognize and that are the ones you should lay your eyes on, because those are the people that might not one day be gone. Being alone is nothing bad, rather the time for us to open our eyes, our minds, our feelings, our souls, to find real love and spread it out into the world.

© 2014 Ginny Woods


Author's Note

Ginny Woods
A poem without separate sections might not seem motivating to read, but I, personally, like the layout better that way. I'm sorry for those of you who do not see it the way I do, yet I hope you all enjoy reading through it.
Best wishes! ☺

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is more of a prose than a poem.. I like it this way... You have touched me with this write... Especially these lines - . "So give your soul a moment, be thankful for the little infinity you guys got to spend; Together, this time not forever". That's what I do... :). Some memories are meant to be cherished forever... A really good write.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ginny Woods

9 Years Ago

Thank you a lot for taking time to read this. I feel really honored and touched by /your/ words. Tha.. read more
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

You are welcome... Thanks for sharing.. :)



Reviews

Beautiful! I loved the piece a lot... It is one of the things I can cherish and relate to.... Loneliness is indeed sad. It is depressing... But your message tells me to stay positive and be optimistic of the little peace and quiet I get! Thanks a lot for sharing... It was a great read. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I see this more like a story. But still, you described the way i'm feeling right know and this poem, gave a lot of hope now. this is truely amazing, i love it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ginny Woods

9 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad it did help you the way it helps me. ☺
as a motivating prose i enjoyed it;but to be honest as a poem it needs modification

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ginny Woods

9 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your opinion. ☺
Yea that's correct this poem doesn't seem the way we hope.
Still it has all of those feelings, love, loneliness etc.. I really loved the way you narrated this poem.
Just flow with the words and don't think much about people. Poetry is our way of expressing love and thoughts.
So just go with it dearie :)

Cheers!
Singh

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ginny Woods

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for defending the way I write. I just type down what I feel and I think that's wha.. read more
Vikrantsingh

9 Years Ago

Ta ☺ and keep sharing your work
This is more of a prose than a poem.. I like it this way... You have touched me with this write... Especially these lines - . "So give your soul a moment, be thankful for the little infinity you guys got to spend; Together, this time not forever". That's what I do... :). Some memories are meant to be cherished forever... A really good write.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ginny Woods

9 Years Ago

Thank you a lot for taking time to read this. I feel really honored and touched by /your/ words. Tha.. read more
TheLostMind

9 Years Ago

You are welcome... Thanks for sharing.. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

316 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 8, 2014
Last Updated on December 8, 2014
Tags: poem, poetry, alone, being alone, loneliness, sad, sadness, happiness, positive vibes, help, reminder

Author

Ginny Woods
Ginny Woods

Germany



About
Just a little girl who's in love with Autumn, Harry Potter and Foxes. more..

Writing
To Him To Him

A Poem by Ginny Woods



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gold Gold

A Poem by MsJewel


Why? Why?

A Poem by AprilRN1210