The Fallen Book 1 Dark Genesis

The Fallen Book 1 Dark Genesis

A Chapter by Sean Bazaar

Journal of Alisha Grace

Time, people say is never ending. No matter what happens to people, plants, animals, or the planet itself, time is the one thing that never changes.

None of us could fathom that one day ours would be up. That day is now.

Everyone knows of the story of Armageddon between the forces of Heaven and the demonic legions of Hell. Everyone just figured it was a no-brainer which side would come out on top. We were wrong...

Every time I go to the window ... the only smell is that of blood, fire and brimstone. It happened so fast no one had any time to react. Portals forged from demonic magic’s opened all over the world.

 Pouring through them were tidal waves of macabre death and destruction, the likes of which we had never seen.

 The sky’s filled with beautiful, white winged creatures full of deadly grace and determined precision. The final war had been brought to our very doorstep.

Across the planet battles raged, blood and death spread across the Earth, with both sides suffering heavy losses.

 It didn’t take long for humans to realize that the tide of war was shifting to darkness... And if the light fell, what hope would we have…

              

Chapter 1

-Earth

Thame was making his way through the throng of seraphim warriors looking for his commander, Krillion.

 A captain in the legion Fury, they were dispatched by Gabriel himself from the crystal palace to ensure that Armageddon is halted and mankind would prosper through peace and free will.

Thame finally saw him standing on a small ledge of outcropping rocks studying the landscape the upcoming battle would be fought upon. Krillion’s massive physical presence standing head and shoulders above the rest of the warriors gathered around him.

 Admiration and love swelled in Thames chest as he looked upon one of the most respected commanders in the All-Fathers army.

 Standing a few meters away and behind Krillion, Thame stared at him with pride.

Thinking back to his first battle millennia ago, Krillion had saved his life when two goat demons under Azazel’s banner were about to impale him upon their horns.

Krillion had appeared out of nowhere.

His massive 6’4 275 lbs. frame of raw brute force swinging his mighty war hammer like a man possessed. In one fell swing, the head of his hammer had collapsed the rib cage of one demon sending it spiraling through the air, while he grabbed the other one barehanded and snapped its neck.

As Krillion stood over Thame looking at the young archer, his broad chest heaving, a smile spread across his face as he extended his hand saying “no seraphim die this day!”

Such a long time ago thought Thame. Ever since that day Krillion had taken a liking to the young archer warrior and had been a surrogate father to him. The two of them had grown to respect and love one another and had shared many battles together.

Standing on the hill side looking across the valley that would be the place of the up-coming battle, Krillion saw the enemy army. The denizens of the underworld, flooding over the surrounding landscape like ants.

“To many,” he said to no in particular.

 “What are ya thinking about old man,” a voice directly behind him.

 As Krillion slightly turned his head to the side, he saw his oldest friend, Thame, standing behind him.

With a crooked smile from the left side of his mouth and just a trace of arrogance he replied “I think we’re in for a long day.”

Laughingly, Thame put a hand upon Krillions shoulder “good times…good times.”

 “Let’s do what we came here to do then,” Krillion said unstrapping his mighty hammer from his back strap. Turning, the two friends headed back to where his legion was awaiting the order to begin the attack.

They had been named Fury legion and rightly so. They were one of the fiercest units ever assembled in Heaven. Standing full strength at 5000, these were the veteran angels. Specifically put together by Gabriel himself to combat the most savage of demons.

 “Archers, ready!” thundered Thame.

The command was echoed down the lines. In one fluid movement, hundreds of angelic warriors took flight to hover 50 feet over their own lines. Arrows forged in heaven and imbued with just a small amount of light was knocked to bows, awaiting the command that would start the battle.

 Across the green valley in response, came the snarls and grunts, clacking of teeth and claws being scraped on rocks from more than 8000 demons, ready to crush this force standing before them and feast upon flesh.

The demon commander, Rai stood there, a dark shadow. Rai was once an angel a long time ago. During the time of Lucifer’s revolt from heaven, Rai was one of the first to join his cause.

After wards, when he was cast down to Hell, his mind was wiped of any memory of his former life except that he remembers he was once in the heavens, evident by the black wings which protruded from his back.

Even with no recollection of his former existence, it has been a choice he has been regretting ever since.

“Rai…the dark mage’s are in position,” sounded the gritty voice of Valafor, Rai’s right hand man.

“Excellent Valafor,” Rai replied.

 “Soon this…army will be nothing more than a memory for us. Tell me, are your legions ready?” 

“Yes, 10 legions strong and all eager to spill blood.”

Thinking for a moment, Rai said “Valafor, you have served me well through all these years, remember Hell doesn’t tolerate failure and I would hate to lose you at my side.”

 “Ha, you’re worried about me,” Valafor laughed holding up his massive right forearm that looked as if it had been horribly charred by fire. As Valafor flexed of his muscles, the charred flesh cracked all over as radiant blue light exploded through the cracks.

“Every time I see that, I’m still impressed,” said Rai. “The power of a 1000 demons harnessed into one weapon.”

“Ya well, when ya lose half an arm, one tends to get very creative,” Valafor said grinning showing a mouth full of razor sharp yellowed teeth.

“Look up Val, their archers have risen, give the command and let’s end this.”

“Yes sir,” Val said his voice going very serious. 

Fire!

From that command hundreds of arrows were loosed upon the demon horde, which were now starting their deadly advance across the valley of grass.

 The instance before they were to find their marks, a dark cloud of smoke rose up out of the ground to engulf the arrows obliterating them into ash.

 “Thame,” Shouted Krillion up to the Captain of his archers. “They’ve got dark mages out there somewhere, search and destroy!” 

“Got it,” Thame shouted back to Krillion.

 Thame gave the command as him and his archer’s sped through the air across the battlefield to find the masters of magic.

Krillion and his ground forces rushed headlong into the fertile valley to meet their accursed enemies.

 Back and forth throughout the valley angels screamed and demons howled, the lust of battle coursing through their veins.

 All across the battle field was violence and death with Krillion leading the charge in the center.

Every swing of Krillion’s mighty hammer crushed demon heads and shattered bones. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a massive demon that looked like a huge grey golem with a red visor for an eye rush at him.

“I see ya, ugly!” Krillion yelled turning to face this new opponent.

Hammer raised high, ready to strike the killing blow, the rock demon smashed straight into Krillion with its shoulder sending him sailing into the air.  “Ugh” Krillion grunted from the impact and having the wind knocked from his body.

Fortunately he was just as at home in the air as on the ground. As his wings expanded to their full length catching the wind, he shot back to where the demon was standing triumphant.

“FURY!” came the battle cry, followed by a deafening sound as Krillion’s hammer found his mark this time shattering the rock demon into thousands of pieces.

 Breathing heavily Krillion took in the whole battle raging around him. His legion was holding the lines, maybe even pushing the demons back. They were going to win this fight. Pride and satisfaction spread across his face at the notion.

Just then something scraped the back of his arm. Looking back he saw a little demon latched on to his arm by its teeth.

Reaching around with his opposite arm, Krillion grabbed the demon by the neck and crushed it, feeling the body go limp he tossed the lifeless corpse to the ground.

 “Little b*****d,” he said wiping away the blood.  Off to his left dozens of his warriors were tossed back through the air by an unseen force.

 He knew at once that the dark mages were still out there and if left un-checked could easily turn this fight.

“Thame, you better hurry up.” Krillion whispered to himself realizing the severity if the mages weren’t dealt with.

 Raising his hammer and giving another mighty war cry, Krillion rushed back in to the fray.

Flying as fast as angelic wings would carry them, Thame and his archers flew across the battlefield in search of the dark mages. Time was of the essence. The longer the mages stayed active, the more casualties would befall Fury legion.

 Looking at the ground stretched out before him, Thame saw his targets.

 Hidden from view in a small cluster of tree’s that had turned black and ugly from their presence they stood.

Seven short hooded figures, surrounding them was a host of minor foot soldier demons. Nothing he and his legion couldn’t handle.

“To the left,” Thame shouted to his archers and with a twitch of his muscular wings turned and sped towards their targets. Swords drawn they landed right in the middle of the demons striking them down from all angles.

 “We have to get the mages,” Thame shouted as he gutted a vile looking creature missing the top of its head. Thame could hear the distorted sounds of magic as the mages started working their dark arts. Too late, in the span of a heartbeat, Thame and his legion were frozen in place.

It was like someone had tied weights on them holding them in place. A look of hatred and fear took hold of Thame. Even as he saw hundreds of demons emerging from the trees to form a semicircle around his trapped archers, Thame shouted and cursed the demons, struggling to free himself of his invisible prison.

One of the mages stepped forward from the semi circle. “Who is in charge here?”

No one answered.

 “Ok then if you don’t tell me who is in charge, you will all be brought back to Hell and tortured for all eternity.”

“I’m in charge,” Thame said struggling to move under the spell. “I’m in charge.” 

“Good,” said the dark mage as a red beam of light shot from his hand striking Thame in the chest.

A second later Thame was on the other side of his legion tied to a tree on the edge of the forest. The dark mage looked at Thame with an unrivaled evil in his eye.

 “Kill them,” the hooded mage said.

Behind the dark mage the demons fell upon the archers clawing, biting and worse, spraying blood and bits of flesh everywhere.

 “NNNNNOOOOO!” cried Thame, all he could do was watch as his legion frozen in place like statues, were torn to pieces, right in front of him. 

This is it, thought Thame. I have failed. Failed my men, myself, worst of all I have failed Krillion. His head falling limp a single tear fell from Thames eye to land on the dead, blackened grass at his feet.

“Forgive me Krillion,” Thame said under his breath.  ” I’m sorry.”

“Now then” said the mage pulling a bloody knife from the sleeve of his robe “let’s talk.”



© 2012 Sean Bazaar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
Added on June 24, 2012
Last Updated on June 24, 2012