Remember, Remember the 11th of November

Remember, Remember the 11th of November

A Poem by Imperfect xo

 

If you listen closely in the two minute silence,
You can hear the hatred and violence,
Echoing around the countries,
The fleeing of people on the boundaries.

The people who take it for granted,
They should be buried alive but not planted,
You can still hear the weeping and sorrow,
From the families from where people were borrowed.

And the poppies you wear today,
Forever and ever they will stay.

© 2011 Imperfect xo


Author's Note

Imperfect xo
hello viewers i wrote this poem with my bff and it will be on her account too

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you very much :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is magnificent - beautifully penned to portray the anger and sorrow

Posted 11 Years Ago


loved it

Posted 12 Years Ago


great

Posted 12 Years Ago


cool

Posted 12 Years Ago


CALM DOWN CRISSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahem. Sara I really like this poem. I thought I recoginised it when I read it. I wil make up for the missing reviews.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Come on people! I've got three reviews for this poem on my account, and you can't even give my best friend ONE review? We're aren't asking for a huge long review pointing out everything that you liked and that could be better, but just a few words saying... I don't know, maybe 'Oh, good poem, it does really show that people need to respect the two minute silence.' Or something of the like! I may be on this site longer than Sweet Treats and I may have more writing and reviews on that writing, but she's a person too and she also deserves a review every once in a while! It doesn't take two seconds, really. This have been here since the eleventh of November, and still no reviews? I mean, wouldn't you get even just a little bit annoyed if no-one had reviewed your poem that had been posted for nearly a month? Ok, maybe you wouldn't get annoyed, but you'd think that people just can't be bothered to review it? I review EVERY piece of writing I read because I know how much I like to read reviews and how much others like to get reviews! Please, think about what Sweet Treats may be feeling when she's gone a whole year without reviews and what you'd be feeling if that happened to you too. It's not nice, to think that no-one can be bothered to review. So please. It doesn't take too much time. Make a habit to review every piece of writing you read if you can. Thank you.
And to Sweet Treats, I know we wrote this poem together and that it's also on my profile, but I feel partly sorry for you and partly guilty that I've got three reviews and you've got none. So I'm reviewing. We did a great job on this, and you came up with some fantastic ideas. Well done. To both of us, but mostly to you for making this poem come to life.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

442 Views
7 Reviews
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011

Author

Imperfect xo
Imperfect xo

Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom



About
Hey guys, well, i enjoy writing as you can see, but my work isn't the best... I have no inspiration, i just WRITE not many of you will understand this, but any new ideas, message me and ill be sure to.. more..

Writing
CAF'E CAF'E

A Poem by Imperfect xo