Meeting

Meeting

A Story by sarapika
"

I finished it but I'm not sure if i should post it yet. i would LOVE feedback :)

"

I finally arrived at the church/school event, to come upon a not so pleasant sight. Lacey Moore stood there talking to Ella with her aggravating voice that tugged on my eardrum like nails on a chalkboard. I couldn't stand the sight any longer and I turned away. That’s when my vision stopped on him.

           He was stunning. His deep brown hair clung to his face’s beautiful frame as the ends curled so naturally. He glowed. His striking blue eyes with the depth of a bottomless ocean sent my mind tumbling into their vast waves. I could easily imagine the way my hand would fit perfectly into his as I’d always dreamed. He was all I’d ever imagined and wanted but more intense, because this was real.

           All at once verity hit me like a two ton truck and it lead my heart into a free fall. On the inside I fell to the ground as the floor crumbled and uncontrollable tears begun to pour onto the floor like the oversized flood of ache and desire I was feeling course throughout my body. Externally, I was motionless. I could sense the agony was visible on my face the moment his eyes met mine. As I blinked, I felt a single tear travel down my cheek. I lifted my hand to catch it before it fell to the ground and headed towards the bathroom which thankfully was in the opposite direction.

He was still watching me. I could feel his eyes on me. But it didn't make me feel uncomfortable like it usually did when someone looked at me. I turned to glance back when an arctic hand took mine and forcibly dragged me into a classroom only a couple feet away from the restrooms.

           The classroom had bright colored letters taped up and stapled to the walls. It looked like a classroom for third or maybe fourth graders. I was just starting to fully examine the area when they gripped my arm and threw me against the wall. I looked up half expecting to see Lacey Moore’s obnoxious face but to my utter surprise, it was Eric. I only knew his name because he had gotten my best friend Shy as a secret Santa and she complained when she got socks as her “ravishing” gift. Other than this moment I had only seen him in person once on Halloween during party. That night he was dressed as a supposed-to-be frightening zombie with blood and the works and I hadn't batted an eye. And today he was wearing pants and a nice shirt and I was so petrified I began to shake lightly with fear.

He was much too strong for me to fight off, but I couldn't just give in. I struggled against his grip and tried not to look him in the eyes as he succeeded to throw me onto a chair. I got up and ran for the door but instead of just letting me run off, he pinned my wrists to the wall and bent down towards me. I tried to get away again but all I could manage was to avert my lips, his mouth ending up sloppily on my cheek.

           My only hope was that Shy would soon realize that I have been in the bathroom for way too long and would come to my rescue. There was no way he could take us both. All I needed to do was to scream or to make some noise and she would hear me and I could get away.

As if he read my mind, Eric put his hand over my mouth.

“You make one sound, and you’ll leave here with one less working finger,” he threatened.

My eyes widened as he bent my ring finger back, making a crunching sound. A squealing noise escaped from under his palm, and he stopped to speak again. “And then I’ll make Brandon’s life a living hell.”

I flinched at the sound of Brandon’s name. Then I began to cry.

Knowing he had my attention and full cooperation, he took his hand off and took a step back.

“Lacey Moore has a big mouth you know,” He explained. “I know how you feel about Brandon. And I also know something about him that could get him hurt. Something his parents wouldn't approve of. Keep your mouth shut and I’ll consider not telling Mr. Bailes everything. We both know daddy’s got a temper.”

Halfway through Eric’s speech a shadow fell outside the window, quiet and still. I didn't dare look in its direction a second time out of fear Eric would see who it was and my savior would lose the element of surprise. But the shadow still hadn’t come to free me. The thought came into my mind that the shadow could have been Eric’s accomplice, but I needed some hope to keep me from giving up, so I shook the thought away in desperation.

I cringed as his hands found their way to my lower back and pulled me closer.

This is wrong, I thought. This is so wrong.

‘No’ I Whispered.

Eric looked and me and gently wiped under my eyes as the tears came trembling out. I felt like filth. I wanted to clean the muck out of my pores and scrub my skin raw to the bone. But mostly, I wanted to get away. Away from the classroom, away from Eric, away from everyone.

This whole thing was a mistake. I thought. This must be a sign from God.  I shouldn’t have come here.

All of a sudden a hand wrapped around Eric’s neck and pulled him back. I closed my eyes and instinctively curled up into a shaking ball, crying, and trying to maintain steady breaths that instead came out in gasps. I vaguely could make out the sounds of punches being thrown, but could only see the inside of my eyelids secured tight with horror. Then I heard what sounded like a body hitting the ground with a loud THUMP! Someone had just won the fight, and I wasn’t quite sure I wanted to know who had been crowned victor.  With my eyes still sealed shut, I moved to the corner of the room in a panicked crawl.

            A hand reached out and firmly closed around my wrist. Its touch was warm, different from the previously cold and frightening grip of Eric. My eyes flew open with anxiety and curiosity. I t was Brandon. I skidded away from him as fright took over again.

“Oh God! I’m not going to hurt you,” I looked just beyond him and saw Eric’s passed out body sprawled out on the floor. “That guy’s a creep.” He said. “He’ll be okay though. Come on, we have to tell someone.”

He reached his hand out to help me up. “No!” I said. I grabbed his hand and hauled him to the other corner of the room away from the door. “You can’t.”

Brandon looked at me like I was crazy.

“He knows something,” I explained “Something that I don’t want getting out.” Brandon sighed obviously not convinced that was enough of a  reason not to bust Eric for his cruel, almost deed. “Trust me. I’ll give details later I promise. Meet me on the roof over by the parking lot by the basketball hoop at five. I’ll explain then.”

I didn't give him any warning before I headed out towards the exit. I was halfway to the door when I realized I hadn't even said thank you. I turned around to thank him but he was directly behind me and we almost collided. Without hesitation I wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his fiery grasp around my waist returning the hug.

“Thanks for saving me.” I whispered. I then turned around, and jogged to the bathroom. I walked into the restroom, locked the door, and looked at the clock by the mirror. It was almost 3:30. I had only an hour and a half to get it together before I had to meet Brandon on the roof.

 

© 2013 sarapika


Author's Note

sarapika
Please feedback! if people say they want the rest I might put it on here :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Never met a person who glowed before, too much radiation will do that to a person.

Posted 11 Years Ago


sarapika

11 Years Ago

Haha. I wrote more and fixed it up a bit. He still glows tho
sarapika

11 Years Ago

XD
Caesar

11 Years Ago

Well at least you can accept a little bit of joking criticism. But for a serious comment, it isn't t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 14, 2013
Last Updated on August 21, 2013
Tags: story, love, saraleard, sarapika28

Author

sarapika
sarapika

san diego, CA



About
I love reading, writing; poetry, stories, and songs. I also play guitar and sing. more..

Writing
Calm Calm

A Story by sarapika