DEATH BY LIVING //

DEATH BY LIVING //

A Story by sage aspyn
"

Death is a scary thing, but don't let it frighten you.

"
Death.
It seems complicated, yet, so simple. You never know how exactly you are going to pass into a never ending drift of complete darkness. But, once it happens, it just happens. There's no controlling any of it, and that's what terrifies me the most. On those nights when I can't sleep, all I can think about is the fact that I will die one day, and so will anyone I've ever known. And then, whatever is left of my existence, will one day perish too. One day, my name won't be said anymore. One day, I'll just be another skeleton, decaying and rotting into the Earth.
They tell you to live life as if every day was your last, and that's exactly all I've ever done. One day, I gathered up the courage to kiss the boy I had been crushing on since freshman year of college. I know, I jumped the gun, but it was New Year's and I was drunk, and I didn't want to live another year completely lonely, so I just kissed him, and he kissed back. Later that night, what do you know, I followed him back to his dorm. I thought he was going to want to hook up, but we ended up just talking, until the sun rose into the sky as a beautiful pinkish-purple color, with a tint of orange. He told me he shouldn't be majoring in business, he should be doing something in art, like me. He said I was that kind of person that didn't really care what anyone else's opinion was, and he said I was that girl who chased her dreams no matter who she had to disappoint. He said I was the dreamer, the one who would go far, the special one, the one who knew the real meaning of life- living. It could've been a greater life than what it was, but sadly life ends at the most unexpected moments.
I think Scott's probably doing well now. I would sometimes hear whispers of him talking about how he wished he was more like me. Wished he would've done something sooner about liking me, wished he would've majored in art, wished he would take chances. And now, I don't hear the whispers anymore. I guess he's living now. Don't die out there Scott, don't die.
I'm Scarlett, died on New Years Eve... cause of death- living.

© 2014 sage aspyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

How emotionally honest, of you to tackle something as raw as your fear of death.
I mean what's more ominous than contemplating when it'll come for you. I enjoyed the flow of this piece as well. Thank you for posting!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2014
Last Updated on December 11, 2014
Tags: death, living, love, young, teen, mature

Author

sage aspyn
sage aspyn

About
i love all things writing, acting & feminism. more..

Writing