Prequel

Prequel

A Chapter by Sagan Wager
"

Full Moon, Fourth Year, Five Dragons, One Scroll.

"
  The night was a welcoming thing. Both quiet and loud, dark and light.
  Juwelli shivered lightly. And cold, very cold. The wind whipped past her, howling furiously as she beat her iridescent wings, shoving the night out of her way.
  Up ahead her mother's tail lashed, purposefully and sharp, as though if Jewelli was pushing the sky out of her way, her mother was cutting it. Safe to say that the little green dragon stayed far out of her mother's reach.
  "Are we there yet?" She saw the dark blue dragon ahead of her cringe, dropping his head to his talons in avid frustration.

   “NO,  dragonet, We are not there yet. Like we haven’t been for the past nine times you’ve asked!” He snarled, whipping his long neck around so he could slowly shake his head disapprovingly at her. Whoops.

  “Do not howl at my dragonet!” Her mother hissed, narrowing her deep brown eyes at the dragon flapping, slightly haphazardly, beside her.

  “HOWL? That was not howling. Do you want to see howling?” Her mother groaned, turning away from Gerret, tipping her snout upwards towards the storm and away from her flying companion. Truly, the pettiest.



  And they flew like that for a peaceful moment and a half before Garret started screeching, like a dying bird. 

  “YOU IDIOT DRAGON, CUT YOUR INFERNAL YAPPING.” Mother screeched right back, yelling to be heard over the headache-inducing presence that was her friend. (But was he really? Jewelli didn’t think so.)

  “Idiot? Are you calling me stupid?” He huffed back, clearly offended.

  “Are you dense? That’s what idiot means! Idiot!” In front of her, a shimmery silver dragon stopped flapping to fall behind the group, catching the air with her pearly wings right as she ducked next to Jewelli.


  “Hey, Jewelli.” She said, her gentle voice a nice contrast to the absolute chaos that raged on above them. 

  “Hey, Perla!” Jewelli replied hastily, eager to be near this gorgeous, glittery dragonet. 

“Kind of a nightmare up there, huh?” The green dragonet  nodded vigorously, glancing at her talons shyly.

  “Mhm,” 

  “Shame your first Mooning is going to be this hectic, normally it’s much more peaceful.” Jewelli smiled softly,

  “it’s alright, really. Sometimes the fights the older dragons harbored can be kind of amusing.”

  “Hm.”

  They flew quietly for a while. Until in the distance, through the fog, a massive mountain leapt into view. Towering above the group of dragons. Menacing. Hateful. And yet here they were. Flying straight towards it.



                            …



© 2024 Sagan Wager


Author's Note

Sagan Wager
the dialogue between Jewelli and Perla isn't that great, i might change it so keep that in mind. Jewelli is pronounce Jue-well-e if that's worth anything :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on July 27, 2024
Last Updated on July 27, 2024


Author

Sagan Wager
Sagan Wager

Vancouver , WA



About
I'm a young author who's interested in crochet, cats, and learning what others think about my work and some new techniques. more..

Writing