What She Needs

What She Needs

A Story by Ryan Mulroy


She's got something she really, really needs to say, but how can she say it when there is no one to listen?

How can she cry out in pain over her minor oppressions, when others do not feel the same way?

How can she sing her happiness to walls of brick and stone and metal?

How can she run through life with her arms spread out and her head tilted up, when the halls are too narrow and the ceilings are too short?

How will she ever feel relaxed when she constantly has to hunch her back and strain her eyes over a small, rectangular screen?

Will she follow the path that has been worn down and trodden on by countless others before her?

or

Will she take the path that has been overtaken by wildflowers and branches sticking up out of the grown?

Will she cry out to the animals, who know only survival and nothing else?

Will she sing her happiness to mountains and hear her voice echo through many lands, reaching all who dare to listen?

Will she run through fields of wheat with the sun beating down on her, her head tilted up, and her arms extended to welcome the sparkling rays and the kind breeze?

Will she stand up straight, close her eyes, and learn to be alone with herself only?

Will she finally tell the people what they need--what she needs?


© 2018 Ryan Mulroy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on February 10, 2018
Last Updated on February 10, 2018

Author

Ryan Mulroy
Ryan Mulroy

Chicago, IL



About
I am a female student who loves to write. I write mainly stories, since I am not a fan of poetry. Feel free to comment on my work because I would love rough criticism. I know I am not the best, but I .. more..

Writing