Seeing Thing My Way

Seeing Thing My Way

A Chapter by Rose Her

Friday morning- 7AM

     Friled jumped on my bed. He started chewing on the bed sheets, and eventually, my pants.

       “Friled!” I jumped up, by this time; he’s already halfway up my pants. For god sakes, ask me on a date first. “Anias! Come get Friled!” I walked downstairs to the picture of my parents kissing; mom was moaning, old people… Yuck.

      “Please stop, for the sake of me losing my mind.” I sat at the table.

Mom and dad stopped, mom fixed her hair, “Honey, you’ve already lost you mind.” Dad laughed. Mom gave me my breakfast, chocolate waffles, dad’s was eggs and sausages, Anias’s was cat food. Just kidding, it was pancakes rolled up, but she does prefer cat food.

    He continued with, “She never had one in the first place.” They were laughing and laughing. I sighed.

      “Just because your life is over, doesn’t mean mine is.” Dad kept going on about how he “made me and I should be thankful.” See this? There is something with my life,

1.     I’m so pathetic that I’ve ruined my whole school years with my pathetic-ism.

2.    Anias has peed somewhere in the house, probably the cat litter.

3.    Our cat, Friled needs more therapy that I do, seeing the way Anias would always dress him up.

4.    My parents are absolutely crazy; they think it’s the 70s.

5.    I don’t have a boyfriend.

6.    I’ve never had my first kiss and I’m 14.

     “Are you going over to Tess’s house today? Hello? Earth to Jamie?” I snapped out of my reflection on life, dumb.

    “Uh�"No, Tess, El, and Ann are coming over later. What day is it?” I need to see if my new Cosmo magazine has come in. Mom ignored me and talked with dad about redoing the living room, dad disagreed. “Mom, what day is it?”

     “It’s Friday… I really think it would look good! What?! Oh forget you.” Mom sat down for breakfast. I got up and went to the mailbox. It’s here! I ran upstairs to put it with all my magazines before Anias sees it and rips it all to shreds. My door has no lock on it at all, and every door in the house has a doggy door for our cat Friled. I would always bother mom about getting a lock, but she said, “What if you get trapped in there or something?” and dad continued with, “You’re just a disturbed, lonely, and sad child.” He’s was really honest. Dumb honest. I know that I need to show little respect but, with me, what do I have to lose?

    

Friday- 10AM

My girl gang came over, Tess, Elli, and Anna. Elli and Anna had to leave; Elli’s mom wanted her to go shopping with her. And Anna is hanging out with her new boyfriend, Jason Freemont.

     

Saturday- 1:58AM

Tess and I just used up all the Cosmo and It-Girl magazines to make a scale of stuff, how you dress, kiss meter, and popularity scale. “Jamie, this is crazy!” Tess as laughing on the ground, I fell off my bed while laughing.

    “What are we going to do for #8?” Mom opened the door.

“Will you two shut it down? What’s so funny? Plus it’s 2 in the morning, go to sleep!” Mom closed the door, Tess and I looked at each other and started laughing.

    

Saturday morning- 8:27AM

   “Good morning, puppet. Did Tess go home?” Dad was reading the newspaper with his coffee. Anias was dressing up Friled in drag.

   “Anias, stop dressing up Friled in drag! Dad tell her to stop!” Dad looked at me and shrugged. “Ugh.” I walked to the table and sat down. “This is a madhouse.”

Dad laughed, “Our madhouse, now come on and sit down for breakfast, Anias, get your little butt in here.” Anias ran out of the living room and sat in her seat, Friled sat in his seat. Anias started feeding Friled with her spoon.  

 “Do you want to go shopping in the markets today?” Mom gave me my plate of chocolate waffles. “Anias, don’t put that spoon in your mouth! Ew! Take it out.” Mom walked over to her to take the spoon out of her mouth. Anias growled and bit mom’s hand. I giggled.

Anias “meowed” at mom, “Mom, I have more stuff to do today than shopping.” Mom laughed, “Really!”

    

    Mom sat down, “Well… Do you have your school stuff?”

“Bye, going to work now.” Dad kissed mom and Anias on the forehead. He was going to kiss me too but I pushed him away.

    “Bye dad.” Dad opened the door and left, “Anyways, yes I do, I can’t spend time shopping for vegetables and fruits that I obviously won’t eat.” Anias licked my hand that was on the table. “That’s enough Anias! You’re not a cat!” Even Friled was more human like that Anias. “Madhouse.” I whispered as I walked upstairs.

   

   

Saturday- 12:01PM

Just cleaning my room.

 

Saturday 12:12PM

Waiting for Elli’s call.

 

Saturday 12:13PM

Talking with Elli on the phone.

 

Saturday 3:04PM

Waiting for Tess’s call.

 

Saturday 5:36PM

Done talking with Tess. Waiting for Ann’s call.

  

Saturday 8:08PM

Done talking with Anna.

    Mom walked in my room, “Honey, put the phone down, come eat.”

“Yeah mom, just come in, the only thing that’s not in here is my privacy.” Friled walked in and jumped on my bed.

    “Oh, you’re fine. And Anias has the flu so I suggest you put a sleeping bag down here, since she wants to sleep with you anyways.” Mom went out and threw a sleeping bag in my room. “Watch the house, your dad and I are going salsa dancing. Don’t do anything stupid.”

   

     Mom walked downstairs, “It’s not like it’s going anywhere mom!”

Every day, at 8:30PM, mom and dad go dancing; they’ve been doing this since we moved to England, which was when I was 2. I was born in Florida, but then I grew up here.

     Friled ran out of the house once mom opened the door. “No! Don’t let Friled go!” Anias ran after him. Our next door neighbor, Mrs. Adkins, her little poodle yaps every day, Friled tries to get him to shut up by terrorizing him. I looked out my window, in Mrs. Adkin’s yard was Friled chasing her poodle.

   

   “Good job Friled.” I smiled and walked downstairs. “Anias?” I walked outside, Anias was trying to climb over to Mrs. Adkins yard. You could see her little underwear from her pajama dress.

   “Go inside, you’ve got the flu.” I walked out of our front gate and into Mrs. Adkins’s gate. “Come here Friled! Come here!” I held my pants out; it was his favorite chew toy anyways. “Come here! See? See that?” Friled walked closer to the gate, Mrs. Adkin’s poodle ran to the door and sat there in fear. “Come here Friled, yeah. Good boy.” Friled jumped away.

    “Take off your pants and give it to him Mimi.” That’s what Anias calls me.

I sighed, maybe that’ll work, I mean, it’s nighttime and no one should be out walking. “Uh…” I took off my pants and held it up so Friled would see. Friled walked closer and growled at my pants. “Come here! Yeah, you dummy.”

    Mrs. Adkins came out with the lights on, “Who’s out there?” I gasped. “Jamie? I’ll see your parents to this!” Friled jumped to our yard. I ran over to the house without my pants.

     Anias was laughing and coughing when I ran inside the house.

  

Saturday- 10PM

Anias slept on my bed as I slept on the ground with my sleeping bag.

   

Sunday- 1AM

Anias threw up on my floor.

  

Sunday- 1:04AM

Can’t sleep in my room because it smells like lasagna dinner with cat food.

  

Sunday-1:06

Smell traveled all around the house, mom came in to clean it.

  


Sunday- 10:06AM

    “Oh, the smell’s all over the house!” Mom covered her nose and sprayed the house with air freshener. I got up. I looked in the corner, Anias was peeing in the corner of my room.

   “Anias!” I held her, and ran to the bathroom.

I stepped out and closed the door. There was a trail was pee, from my room all the way to the bathroom. Dad fixed his tie and walked downstairs; he stepped in pee and trailed it all the way down.

    “Mom! Pee! All over!” Mom already knew the drill, dad steps on it, trails it around the house; this happens a couple times a month.

    I went downstairs and sat at the table.

 

   Sunday-12:02PM

    “What’s this thing I hear about you running around with no pants on at night?” Anias started laughing.

   I covered my head with my arms.

“Friled jumped over the wall again, and Mimi went to get him.” Anias laughed. Mom laughed. “Mimi so funny...”

   Here we go again, my mom and my sister making fun of me. School starts tomorrow and I can’t live like this, I need a new life structure. Something more mature, cool, and pretty, by the look of my face, I don’t find myself attractive. At all.

 

Sunday- 3PM

Waiting for Elli’s call.

  

Sunday- 5PM

   “I’m home!” Dad closed the door, Anias ran to hug him. “Where’s my little elf, Jamie?” I walked out of the living room. “Come here munchkin.” I went to hug him.

   Dad walked to the kitchen where mom was cooking dinner. “I have exciting news! Gather around. Come Jamie.” I walked over to the kitchen, eating shreds of meat mom just sliced up. “I’m getting a promotion.” Mom smiled and jumped on him.

    “That’s great honey!” Mom kissed dad, “How much?”

“I’m getting twice my salary. Isn’t that wonderful? But there’s a catch… The job’s in London. I’m sure we can figure something out, I mean, it’s up to all my girls-“Dad took bell pepper slices and ate them.

    “You should totally go!” Yes, one less parent I need to worry about.

“You really think? How about you girls?” Anias was already sleeping on the counter.

    “I think… If you want to go and if it’s for the best.” Mom hugged dad, “Okay, go away, I’m cooking.”


Sunday-7PM

   “Come down for dinner!” I walked downstairs, everyone was already eating.

“Mom… Dad… I was thinking, since it is a new school, new year, can I just walk to school? I mean I don’t want you humiliating me like in 7th grade where you told everyone that you’re my mom and if anyone messed with me, you would beat them up. I had so many bullies that year.” I played around with my food.

    “Yes, if you stop playing with your dinner and eat it.” Mom sat down as she poured herself more water.

    “I’m not hungry.”

“I don’t care, eat.” Mom pointed to me. I looked at Anias, feeding her vegetables to Friled. Anias grinned at me.

    “Why can’t I just feed my food to Friled like Anias does?” I shrugged, not doing anything. I was trying to show mom that I was mad.

“Stop doing that face.” Dad laughed. I sighed and walked up to my room.


© 2011 Rose Her


Author's Note

Rose Her
It's kind of long, but READ! (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Good characters. Good stories. Poor flow.
There needs to be better connection. You've got interesting material but it jumps around too much and too often. I don't see why you need to put the dates and times --perhaps it will become clearer later in the book--but as of now they're a distraction. I'd go over it a couple more times to weed out the grammatical errors.
It's a good start though so keep working on it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good characters. Good stories. Poor flow.
There needs to be better connection. You've got interesting material but it jumps around too much and too often. I don't see why you need to put the dates and times --perhaps it will become clearer later in the book--but as of now they're a distraction. I'd go over it a couple more times to weed out the grammatical errors.
It's a good start though so keep working on it!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
1 Review
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on August 27, 2011


Author

Rose Her
Rose Her

Sacramento, CA



About
I love writing! (; more..

Writing