Not meant to be

Not meant to be

A Story by Rose Raffoul
"

A women who lets go of a man who doesn't know her worth

"
Save me I tell him but he doesn't listen, he wonders this way and that, ignoring my every gesture, I sign in desperate need of attention look, look at me, why don't we share the same love we once had, your eyes float around and land on other figures rather than mine, we used to have dinner together every night but is it temptation the keeps you for me, You used to pick me up after work but I've found myself wondering the streets alone, I turn the corner and something catches my eye, through the window it was a man I once called mine, laughing, joking and whispering something into another women's ear. It was then that I realized something, I have to let him go, I can no longer hold him down, 10 years its been since I saved him from himself and this proves it once a habit always a habit, he was just so good at hiding it, but now that I got proof its time to wish you well and say goodbye, forever is to long and your forever has just begun a forever without me, goodbye my love wish you well, remember one thing I knew, I knew it all along, the long nights at work, the going out, the grocery shopping it was to see her. Let me tell you something, I never had a forever with you it was just now and how long, sometimes forever means ever or never and never is the end for me. 

© 2022 Rose Raffoul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Think you summed it up, sometimes you just have to say goodbye and mean it, otherwise you become a stepping stone of returning misery.

Posted 3 Years Ago


This isn't merely a cry from the heart, but a heart that's been submerged which is~ at last, swimming for freedom. Your words really hit home, yet they're written without self . pity, but more the realisation of self.worth: you deserve more and better. Take care, keep safe.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2021
Last Updated on March 20, 2022

Author

Rose Raffoul
Rose Raffoul

Sydney , Australia



About
What's a face without a name, So let's be frank, You can everything and still have nothing, or you can have your soul; To be or not to be is the question to ask yourself, So what's the answer's your.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..