high school struggles

high school struggles

A Chapter by Sally

if you think primary school was bad for me, just wait till you hear this. it turned out okay? At the beginning I guess, I have the same teacher for year seven and eight and it became the routine and I got used to the feeling of actually feeling wanted and understood. But year seven and eight wasn’t all sunshine rainbows there were some hardships. because of my past history at primary school, that meant in high school I struggled to make friends. at last, in year eight, I made a friend who goes by the name of Maddison. what made it worse however, was when people thought I made friends so easily. Imade another friend later on, called Isabel, she was inspirational. I have to admit. when year nine rolled around, things got a little bit more aggravating. New teacher was nice, but things started getting complicated and a lot more stressful. like cane use for example, let me begin by explaining my thing with this, if people wanted me to use a cane they should’ve taught me from a very young age, and by now I would be used to and have no problem using it on a daily basis. but people don’t do their jobs properly so I started from year seven onwards. I was doing well, I was using it at break and lunchtimes a few times a week and I must admit, I was enjoying myself. Until the day when I was walking to class and I fell over something in the middle of a corridor that really shouldn’t not have been there. My teacher saw it from a distance and then, with absolutely no buildup whatsoever, I was forced to take it round with me everywhere every single day even when I was only crossing the corridor to go to class some things I used it four, when more necessary than others. I began to get very stressed and I was under a lot of pressure. I just wanted my freedom back for five minutes, they couldn’t even give me that. And that was when the overestimation started. Where previously I felt like being reckless because I was suppressed and underestimated, then I felt pressured to do things that they thought was best, but actually it was doing nothing but stressing me out and making me feel like I couldn’t do things. I don’t think anybody got even close to understanding that, and that was when my mental health began to slowly decline. I lost my metaphorical grandad due to cancer at the end of 2021, and then the slope my mental health was rolling down suddenly became deeper. yeah 10 was not much better either, no offence to my year 10 teacher who just happens to be in a heavy metal band by the name of until nine, but he’s better at playing guitar that he is teaching. Of the good things about the year 10 teacher was that he got me into Twilight and I am now absolutely obsessed with that book series. However, I really think you’re nine and 10 when my worst years at high school.


© 2024 Sally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on August 21, 2024
Last Updated on August 21, 2024


Author

Sally
Sally

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
hello, my name is Romeanie but I prefer to be called Sally. I love singing and book writing and I used to always write books when I was younger, I have now taken up writing again and have joined this .. more..

Writing
how it all began how it all began

A Chapter by Sally


early  schooling early schooling

A Chapter by Sally