a strange plant

a strange plant

A Chapter by Sally

Elizabeth followed Miranda as she headed out into the garden and pushed open the little gate into Elizabeth’s lawn. birds had a lighted in the trees now and an interested looking lark was perched precariously on a blade of grass beside the weird spiky plant. "oh my goodness, you have found a very strange plant, maam, a very strange plant indeed!" enough, I don't want commentary, I just want to know what it is, and what it's doing in here!" "of course maam." Miranda re turned back to the plant and squatted down, pulling out a magnifying glass and staring at the plant intently. Most of the birds were now currently making nests but some perched on low branches of trees watching the young gardener. Suddenly, out of the blue Miranda started singing, some strange language that nobody seem to be able to understand, least of all Elizabeth who was utterly perplexed by this woman. "Miranda, what in heavens name are you doing?" Elizabeth couldn’t pretend that the music was not enchanting, but why on earth would she be singing to this plant? Then suddenly, the singing stopped, and Miranda sprang up so fast that it made Elizabeth jump. The young gardener spun around on the spot the magnifying glass raised in hand, she didn’t look as if she knew what she was doing or where she was, she looked dazed. Elizabeth backed away quickly. then, Miranda‘s face changed and went back to its usual expression and she gasped, "oh, oh, how lucky for this very rare plant to grow in your garden!" Elizabeth became irritated, "will you just tell me what this is, before I call my mother!" "it is the cactus," "seriously, a cactus?" "yes maam, they are very rare to find around these parts," "i'll tell mother now, thank you," "my pleasure maam." Elizabeth turned away from Miranda and headed calmly up the path through the gate and back into the house. she knew that her mother would still be in the drawing room, as that was where she spent most of the day. Elizabeth hurried up the stairs, and passed Marie the nanny who was bustling about.

She had her arms full of laundry and she snapped at Elizabeth as Elizabeth accidentally brushed past her. "do you know how to slow down child?" "no miss marie," "well, it's high time you learnt, we shall discuss this more this evening!" she threw back her long golden brown hair and swept past. Oops, Elizabeth thought as she proceeded down the corridor and pushed open the drawing room door. "ah, my dearest daughter, what brings you to this room now?" "a cactus mother," "a cactus, what do you mean by that? ONE does not quite understand." "What I mean mother, is that the very strange plant on my lawn is a cactus," "a cactus? what, But how can this be? Why' that plant is very rare." "I know mother." just then, there was a bang on the door. "who knocks?" lady Polly called out in a sharp crisp voice. "sir John Davidson my lady!" "pray go, and see mrs scott." "enter sir John!" the door opened and the man entered. "my lady," Elizabeth exited the room closing the door behind her. She ran back along the hall and up another flight of stairs to the second floor corridor. This was a short, wide corridor which only has four rooms, they were, the nanny office, the nursery, the nannies chamber, and Elizabeth chamber. she walked to the end of the corridor and sharply right and entered her room.


© 2024 Sally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on August 20, 2024
Last Updated on August 20, 2024


Author

Sally
Sally

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
hello, my name is Romeanie but I prefer to be called Sally. I love singing and book writing and I used to always write books when I was younger, I have now taken up writing again and have joined this .. more..

Writing
how it all began how it all began

A Chapter by Sally


early  schooling early schooling

A Chapter by Sally