how it all began

how it all began

A Chapter by Sally

I don’t remember much before the age of three, all I know is the family dynamics were very complicated and they still are to this day.
first of all let me begin by explaining that my biological father left when I was only one years old, I still saw him until I was four but it never made much of a difference. As I said, I didn’t remember much, the only memory I have and that I cherish with every, single tiny little part of me, with the memory of him asking me if I wanted trifle.
mum never liked father very much, she always insulted him in front of me, but soon after she got married to my stepdad, he was okay, I guess.
as I grew, I began to understand certain things that other people didn’t. For example, they did not know that I was blind until a year after my birth. I didn’t understand it of course, at least not until I grew a little older and began learning braille. but then I began to question myself, underestimation when I was younger. Anyway, I knew that I would have quite a lot of that as well as overestimation in years to come.
next person I introduce you to is Nana Pat, she was my father‘s mother but oh my gosh! She was the best thing that ever happened to me and make no mistake about it.

She was there when no one else was, she had the positivity and mental and physical strength of a lion! She had a lot of illnesses, so she could not work but that did not stop her, these include fibromyalgia and sciatica, and as some people reading this may know, both can be extremely painful. Despite all this, Nana Pat was the absolute best grandmother you could ever ask for. However, there was certain things that really annoyed the pair of us which I will go into later on in the book.


© 2024 Sally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on August 20, 2024
Last Updated on August 20, 2024


Author

Sally
Sally

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
hello, my name is Romeanie but I prefer to be called Sally. I love singing and book writing and I used to always write books when I was younger, I have now taken up writing again and have joined this .. more..

Writing
early  schooling early schooling

A Chapter by Sally