the potion

the potion

A Story by Sally
"

a story that I wrote in primary school

"
once, in a small village on the edge of a large forest, there lived an old witch who went by the name of Mandy. the forest beside the village was known as the black forest because it was very large and very dark each Sunday, Mandy would journey into the forest to collect herbs and berries for her potions. on the crisp autumn Monday morning the story starts, Mandy, the witch was preparing a healing potion for an old woman who lived near the centre of the village. As she was pouring the potion into a bottle, there was a knock at the door. Bang bang bang! It was a very loud knock, which told the witch that there was something very wrong happening outside. What the... "huh!" There was a large croud of zombies outside on the street, 2 of them had hold of someone, and was dragging them down the road. "aaaaahhrr!" the scream wripped through the air, scaring half the villagers crouding the next street, and they scarpered away, yelling, "zombies, zombies! Sound the evacuation alarm." Mandy ran inside to grab both her Zombie repelent sprey and her echo potion. realising she only had one drop left, she poured it down her throat and then ran back outside. Brandishing the large bottle of zombie repellent spray. she yelled in a booming echoing voice to the running screaming villagers, "don't panic!" and she raised the bottle and sprayed all of the zombies. The young woman they were carrying fell to the ground as the zombies vanished. "oh thank you so much ma’am! How can I repay you?" "you can take a bottle to a woman named Mrs winters in the centre of the village," said Mandy. "Yes, yes! anything!" the young maiden cried, and she stood up and took the heeling potion from the witch, and ran in the direction of Mrs Winters Home. The witch hurried to the village hall where all of the villagers were gathered. she saw the young maiden darting down a side street, she recognised this as Maple Street, which was where Mrs Winters lived in a small cottage. Mandy burst through the double doors into the hall and all the villagers rose as one, and turned to face her. A tall plump woman stepped out of the crowdmiss clark?"Mandy said in surprise. miss Clark taught in the primary school in the village. The low buzz of chatter died down in the hall until it was so silent, you could have heard a pin drop. miss Clark then spoke in a loud clear voice that carried throughout the hall to every single pair of ears listening, "I speak for all the villagers now, when I say that we all admired your bravery in dealing with those abominable abominations who call themselves Zombies! You are a great nurse and heeler, and an excellent assett to this community!" "yay! yeah! yay! yeah!" The villagers yelled and cheered there hero.
The end

© 2024 Sally


Author's Note

Sally
festival I would like to say sorry for not being able to post anything over the past couple of weeks. I have just been very busy. Second floor, I wrote this when I was 12 years old. I had to write a story in the year seven and it was very difficult, but in the end I wrote about a witch who healed people and who used her potions only for the good. I added the bit about zombies because I decided to readapt it into something a little bit longer.
I really hope you enjoyed this story guys. Please let me know if you enjoyed it that would be very much appreciated and thank you for reading this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderfully descriptive story for a small child to write! The pace, details, dialogue and all is remarkable! Hope this story was written on paper and that has been kept for Forever!

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally

4 Weeks Ago

it took a very long time, and I was under a lot of pressure to do it, but yeah, thanks a lot
I like Mandy she's very courageous!

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sally

1 Month Ago

i’m glad you enjoyed it. It’s just me doing my best.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2024
Last Updated on July 31, 2024

Author

Sally
Sally

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
hello, my name is Romeanie but I prefer to be called Sally. I love singing and book writing and I used to always write books when I was younger, I have now taken up writing again and have joined this .. more..

Writing
how it all began how it all began

A Chapter by Sally


early  schooling early schooling

A Chapter by Sally