dreamland

dreamland

A Story by Sally
"

freya hated sleep, she thought that when you slept bad things would happen, and the monsters would come out. Little did she know, she was about to be proved wrong...

"
once, in a small house on the edge of a forest, there lived a little girl and her mother. One night, as the mother was tucking Freya into bed, the little girl said, "mom, I don't want to sleep yet," "why ever not?" the mother asked. But freya did not answer strait away, she sat up in bed, and looked arround the room with very little interest. "oh, there's a monster in the wardrobe!" "oh don't be so silly Freya," the mother said, walking to the wardrobe to check all the same. "I don't see anything. goodnight now." The mother swept out, closing the door behind her. "I'm getting worried about her and this monster thing," the mother said to her self, "will this fear ever go away?" "wow!" said a small voice just in front of Freya. "ahr!" Freya screamed. "oops, sorry, didn't mean to scare you." "who are you?" freya asked. "I am the sleep fairy," "The what?" "I thought you were the monster in the wardrobe," "oh ha ha! If the monster was really real, you would have been eaten or something like that by now." "wait, really? so it doesn't exist?" "It doesn't exist. Most young children believe in things like magic and monsters and so most of them see the monster under the bed, in the wardrobe or in any other dark space.""And so they think its real," freya finished the fairies sentence. "yes," the fairy said. "will you sleep now and stop causing your mom so much worry?" "yeah sure,." "Fpreya, oh, my, I thought I heard you scram. Oh!" The mother stopped in surprise and tiptoed quietly back out of the room. Freya had actually fallen fast asleep.

© 2024 Sally


Author's Note

Sally
I really hope you enjoyed my very first short story. I am visually impaired and when I was a child at about seven years old when I first learnt grade one braille, I wrote up the original copy of this story. It was much shorter and much less advanced and understandable because obviously I was seven. and now, nine years later, I am posting a more advanced and understandable for your enjoyment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great job, I really enjoyed this ❤️

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love this so much!!!!!!!!!!!


Posted 2 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 3, 2024
Last Updated on July 3, 2024

Author

Sally
Sally

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
hello, my name is Romeanie but I prefer to be called Sally. I love singing and book writing and I used to always write books when I was younger, I have now taken up writing again and have joined this .. more..

Writing
how it all began how it all began

A Chapter by Sally


early  schooling early schooling

A Chapter by Sally