The end

The end

A Poem by retreating ghost

I donot hear and see the waves anymore.

All lights glow in silence

but no fireworks fill my sky

I donot smile without reason anymore

I see jokes for what they are

No cravings fill my being and make me call you

All I do is long for communication

 

I care with no passion.

We always will share few months in my mind,

but no pictures to show for it

because I made it up  in my mind.

I  wish I could say I will always wish for you

but I feel nothing .

 

Wish I could say this is not the end because its true,

this is the beginning of the it  .

Flame dies but moths still burn ,

My grudges will live ,but my love has ceased.

© 2023 retreating ghost


Author's Note

retreating ghost
share your views

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is one of life's harshest lessons, that we will smile again one day and feel the beauty of life within us, but until a new chapter begins for us, we will be forever stuck in the place where guilt comes along for the ride when even the merest hint of enjoyment surfaces and even the supportive words of things will get better ring hollow in your ears.
I hope one day you hear the waves again and with the end, comes a new beginning.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

retreating ghost

11 Months Ago

Everything you said is so true .I hope to hear waves again too .Thank you so much for this review.



Reviews

A good poem should spark a emotion, thought or image. A great poem does all three.
So,
With grandkids fast asleep a puppy wrestling my shoe ( that I'm wearing). I listen to the bitter biting wind. As I take in your words. I think of my own loss. There's no away around that. Which happened in November on the 16th and the pain of losing a mate is palatable. I have lost a , parents, two brothers and my grandparents ( not in that order). Each lose prepares you for the next. Thinking all the while- I'm not strong enough- but- Each time strength comes. The morning sun arises and God's grace covers me. At times I feel like a wind-up toy. With just enough energy for the task. I seem to work on some 90/10 rule. 90% of the time I'm fine. Until my emotions spring a leak. Since I was raised by a good Marine. I square'm away and push on. Taking the day as it comes and leaving tomorrow to its self.



Posted 8 Months Ago


"I care without passion" a certain coldness invades...

Your ending reminds me of a video I used to show my class about Emily Dickinson.

She was talking about her so-called lovers, mostly in her imagination...and she was reciting a poem about Wild nights...and they showed Moth stuck in a lamp with a flame and the moth trying to get to it.
Flames do die and yet the moth in the relationship comes away with singed wings and singed heart.
j.

Posted 8 Months Ago


this piece carried so much weight.
emotion dripping off each word.
{moths still burn. such a good line.}

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

living lavender

9 Months Ago

but seriously. not. a. dude. lol.
;)
retreating ghost

9 Months Ago

Note taken my friend .;)
living lavender

9 Months Ago

hahaha. you the best :) friend
It is one of life's harshest lessons, that we will smile again one day and feel the beauty of life within us, but until a new chapter begins for us, we will be forever stuck in the place where guilt comes along for the ride when even the merest hint of enjoyment surfaces and even the supportive words of things will get better ring hollow in your ears.
I hope one day you hear the waves again and with the end, comes a new beginning.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

retreating ghost

11 Months Ago

Everything you said is so true .I hope to hear waves again too .Thank you so much for this review.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
e
“Flame dies but moths still burn” I really liked this powerful line ! Beautiful poem !

Posted 11 Months Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

retreating ghost

11 Months Ago

Thank you so much for your praise :).

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 2, 2023
Last Updated on October 3, 2023


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..