Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Resist-Impulse

It's late September. The time of year when that calm, relaxing weather, starts to fade. Nights are starting to get cold. The days quickly blend from morning to night. Tonight is a particularly beautiful one. The air is crisp-cool. The setting sun leaves the sky a mixture of light and clouds with a hint of darkness. As shadows slowly creep up on the last part of the day, I exhale the last pull of my cigarette and toss it out the window. I watch as the orange ember fights to stay lit. But in the end, just like the previous one, it burns out at the filter. For a moment I almost forget where I am and why I'm here. It's funny how the little things in life can take me away for a moment.

I look down at my phone. It only shows the time- 7:59 PM in bright white numbers. He'll call any minute. Just relax. I cup my hands together and blow into them as if it's cold out. It's not cold. Neither are my hands. I start flipping through my car radio to try and distract my mind. Nothing's on. Figures.
My phone beeps.

TEXT

It's from Jersey. "5 min".

It was five minutes ten f*****g minutes ago. My car is still running but the headlights are off. I feel sketchy so I turn them on.

I turn them back off.

Feels like the lights are screaming that I'm up to no good. It's been eight hours and forty seven minutes since I woke up.

Eight hours and forty seven minutes of no Roxy's.

My hands are sweating and I can't sit still. My armpits are sweating but the rest of my body is cold.

I check the time again.

8:03 PM

It's been four minutes. I go to call him but hold back.

Can I call before five minutes go by?

Will he get mad and not come?

Better not risk it.

I light my fourth cigarette and check my phone again.

8:05 PM

It's been six f*****g minutes. I'm calling this a*****e. I pick up my phone and hit send. I already had his contact information up. I put my phone on speaker. My heart's in my throat. Straight to voicemail. I try to stay cool. I don't.

MOTHER F****R.

F*****G PIECE OF S**T.

I've been waiting almost nine f*****g hours for this s**t.

I'm sweating, have the worst headache, and holy s**t my back.

My back. My f*****g back.

Calm down, Sean. He's probably on his way. I take a deep breath and finish my cigarette. I lay my seat back and close my eyes. I try real hard not to think about how bad every inch of my body feels. The amount of pressure I feel behind my eyes and forehead is almost unbearable. I swallow hard and try to relax. I've felt like this before. I'm no stranger to this and as soon as my phone rings I'll be ok. But when is he going to call? I keep my eyes shut and listen to the wind blow through the crack of my open window.

Who would have known that tonight would be the first time I try Heroin.


© 2015 Resist-Impulse


Author's Note

Resist-Impulse
Any feedback appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed reading it. It paints a good picture of addiction. I thought the last sentence felt out of place but other than that its good stuff

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
1 Review
Added on April 14, 2015
Last Updated on April 14, 2015


Author

Resist-Impulse
Resist-Impulse

OK



About
My name is Sean and I am writing a book on my experiences when I was a drug addict. more..

Writing