An end to a dark love

An end to a dark love

A Story by TheSkyWritesHerName

 I chose black ink to mimick your black heart:

 

 

            Hurtful memories reoccur in the night. Flashing beams of a cruel awakening makes its company beside my bed. Aloneness molds my body. My fists clinch in anger as I think about it, supreme hate, followed by extensive melancholic moments. Your false tongue reeked promises of a dark love. The questioning of your compelling and nearly convincing words answered hypocrisy. Musical fondness playing forever in our story was interrupted by your confused heart. I stood right but you veered left. I poured my love in calm waters hoping that an outraged storm will cast you back.

            I cannot fathom the humiliation and unspeakable damage that you brought upon me. You are a walking circus spinning circles like a rat on a carousel. To admit defeat once is acceptable but twice is intolerable. I string my guitar to play a heartfelt song to all your heartfelt lies. You are the ashes to my red wine. How could I have been so completely deaf to the screams of deception around me and so blind to the warnings before me? Karma came around and bled me to illness. Wretchedly, I desire to inflict a similar agony upon you then cry until my tear ducks fall empty but I will not. I refuse to honor your dishonor with such satisfaction. Proceed with your life and do not look back at me because I am too far gone to ever return.

 

 

© 2011 TheSkyWritesHerName


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are the ashes to my red wine!! Excellent write with great imagery all the way through. Thank you for your reviews as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sad. You speak so well this could be poetry initself. The pain in your heart is evident as you refer to the lies that have destroyed your hopes. I like the ending for it's strength: "I desire to inflict a similar agony upon you then cry until my tear ducks fall empty but I will not. I refuse to honor your dishonor with such satisfaction." Good one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


'My fists clench* in anger'
Just wanted to point that out-
But other than that, lovely story indeed. Truly exquisite. The rawness and the emotion projected here is very strong and it really is juxtaposed well. This is a great piece-

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

TheSkyWritesHerName
TheSkyWritesHerName

Missoula, MT



About
My name is Ren. I'm Native American and absolutely love sports. Writing has been my escape. more..

Writing