Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by remembertoforget
"

What's wrong this morning?

"

"'K mom I'm gone!" Alena yelled, walking out the front door munching on a poptart.

 

"Alright sweetie. Have a fun day at school!" Her mom yelled back. Alena rolled her eyes. Yeah. Sure. Fun and school shouldn't belong in the same sentence. She ran down the steps to the blue Chevy parked in front of her house. The horn honked as she threw open the door and clambered into the seat.

 

"I'm right here Mark you don't have to honk the horn. Are you in a rush to get to school or what?" She asked, throwing her poptart wrapper on the floorboard..

 

"Yeahh well if you didn't take so long I wouldn't have to rush you. And as a matter of fact I am." He stated with a small smirk, flipping the radio on and glancing at the trash that now littered his truck. Alena raised an eyebrow and reached out to turn the station.

 

"Oh really. Because with your strait A's and your swarming popularity you have so much to look forward to."  She said sarcastically. She found a good station and flopped back into the seat, crossing her arms. Alena always felt comfortable in Mark's old beaten up Chevy. They shared so many memories in the musty, beaten-up seats. Alena allowed herself a small smile as she remembered sneaking out on the weekends during the summertime to do God knows what.

 

"Well who peed in your cherios little lady." Mark looked at her from the corner of his eye, snapping her our of her reverie of past memories. "Where's the charming Alena who twirls and giggles and sings out of key in the mornings?"

 

Alena scoffed a little at the "little lady" part. It was a new nickname he had given here a couple months ago. It didn't annoy her as much as he hoped it would. She then giggled. "I do not sing out of key!" She punched him playfully on the arm.

 

Mark smiled and peeked out at her from the corner of his eye. "There she is."

 

"I'm sorry." Alena sighed, looking dejectedly up at Mark. His face was so familiar, so comforting. His big brown eyes could see right through everything she said, and his long brown hair (which he refused to cut) flowed down below his ears. "I've just had a freaky morning is all." She stretched her arms above her head, clasping her hands together as she stretched. "So..?" she looked expectantly up at Mark.

 

"So..?" He repeated, keeping his eyes on the road.

 

Alena hit him again, smiling. "Why're you so ready to go to school!"

 

Mark cleared his throat. "Well, little lady, if you must know..I had a date last night..with a certain someone..", he looked at her nervously.

 

Alena squealed. "Yay!" I thought you two would never get together! Have I told you how good you two were together? Because I've seen it from the beggining. You know-"

 

"Okay, okay." Mark interupted her, chuckling. "Yeah it went great. And you were right."

 

Alena sighed happily, and clasped her hands above her heart, falling back into the seat.

 

Mark glanced at her. "Oh no. You have that girly look in your eyes. Like you do when you're watching some sappy love movie."

 

"But this is better than a movie!" Alena shot up, staring strait at him. "You finally found love! My best friend has someone he can be with for the rest of his life! Someone to love, and cherish, and fight with, and make up with, and-"

 

"Alena!" Mark sputtered nervously. "We've only gone out once!"

 

Alena nodded seriously. "Yes..but..once is all it takes." She flashed a smile at him.

 

Mark sighed. That girl was a hopeless romantic..

 

"Now. All that's left is to find someone for me." Alena sighed and fell back against the seat, eyes a little sadder this time. Mark's eyes softened.

 

"Come on now little lady, don't get all depressed on me now. You'll find someone soon, believe me. I don't see how someone hasn't snatched you up already." He gave a comforting smile.

 

"Yeah I guess so.." Alena responded.

 

"And you wanna know something else?" Mark asked, pulling up into the school parking lot.

 

"Yes?"

 

"We're here!" He exclaimed, shifting the truck into park. Alena rolled her eyes. Joy.

 

"Let's just get this over with.." she mumbled, climbing out of his truck.

 


 



© 2009 remembertoforget


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well who peed in your cherios little lady." I loved that. Your character's have personality and perception to them. Great story so far. Waiting for next chapter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very interesting!!! Can't wait to find out what Jade eyes wants her for.
:D

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 23, 2009