Regard Yakou -  Ethics in International Business and Construction

Regard Yakou - Ethics in International Business and Construction

A Story by Regard Yakou
"

Regard Yakou, director of operations at Contraco, knows the credibility that an international business degree carries when a sales or marketing consultant engages in business with foreign companies. A

"

Successful and prominent construction industry members, such as Regard Yakou, director of operations at Contraco in Qatar, have demanding ethical standards that they apply to their international business contracts. The business of ethics in the global construction industry is not as clear cut, as it may seem because of the nature of the clientele and the environment that companies are working within.


There is no established international code of ethics in global business that is accepted and followed by all countries. One of the main causes for this confusion is the multitude of cultures in each nation, cultures that are closely aligned with individual countries’ histories, traditions, customs, and values. Because of the high levels of diversity within the international community, it is nearly impossible to create ethical guidelines that would be fair for all participating nations. This situation has been made more difficult by the countries’ governments who generally avoid the time and costs associated with attempting to develop ethical groundwork for the international construction industry.


Industry leaders like Yakou have established their integrity through honesty, compliance, and ethical behavior. These elements are necessary to exude the professionalism necessary to win a bid and grow a company. Combining these ethical traits with quality skills equals long-term, sustainable development, adding the overall health of the company, and thereby, the industry itself. The implementation of these features exhibits a concern for the future and the right way of acting. Employing ethical behaviors in business dealings will earn a company client support and attention, which can always benefit a company in a competitive market.


As an experienced construction industry member, Regard Yakou of Contraco knows that a construction company’s approach to international business ethics should consider the following qualities. Every company and every employee within the company should clearly communicate its ethical values. It is essential for employees of the organization to be involved in the creation of the ethical code to promote ownership of the concept. All members of a company should fully understand the proposed code and should monitor acceptance of the code at all times. Ethical values should be defined in two ways: flexible, wherein morals may be interpreted differently in various circumstances, and rigid, where values like honesty, integrity, and professionalism cannot be rejected in any circumstances. Combining these two approaches to ethics implementation in the international construction industry should allow for the participation of all individuals regardless of their cultural backgrounds, customs, or traditions.


Source:

© 2016 Regard Yakou


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016
Tags: Regard Yakou

Author

Regard Yakou
Regard Yakou

Doha, Qatar



About
Regard Yakou of Contraco, a building and infrastructure company in Qatar, knows the importance and credibility that an international business degree can have when engaging in business with foreign com.. more..

Writing