What good do you get?

What good do you get?

A Story by Rebecca Pall
"

Some thoughts I've had recently

"
We all live in this world--- some of us see some things in completely different ways than others--- yet something that I have seen, honestly more often than not, is judgment.  Cold.  Hard.  Forceful.  When you pick that word apart-judgement- what does it mean-in the grand scheme of things?  Sure, one person saying something about another- to put in the most simple, basic of terms.  But take that apart even further.  Judgement can leave scars; judgments can leave lasting burns in our hearts that of course we don't necessarily ask for, but still seem to be so prevalent.  Take it from a high schooler's point of view.  Nobody sitting with you at lunch.  Why?, you may ask.  Because either one person or multiple people have made the decision that you aren't good enough for them.  That you aren't worthy of the joy of a companion.  All because you may not be wearing the best outfit, or have the prettiest face or th mist flawless figure.  Sooner or later you're going to wonder if you're good enough for anyone.  And let me tell you... it eats. you.  alive.

© 2015 Rebecca Pall


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems like a lot of us have been in the receiving end of being judged. One may give that as an excuse to judge others. But, as you mentioned it does eat you alive, especially when you know that you're judged wrong. There's no denying that this would stop so the least we could do is do our best to mind our own business. keep writing. I enjoyed reading it because it seemed sincere.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rebecca Pall

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much :)
I completely agree with everything you've just said. This world is too judgemental too often. I left school in year 8 because of this very reason.
Everything is supposed to have a balance but judgment is taking over every aspect of our daily lives, what we wear, how we speak, what we eat, what music we listen to, what shows we watch, what religion we follow, the list goes on.
Judgement CAN hurt, sometimes so badly you find yourself never wanting to leave the house, or putting on make up even though your staying home and not going anywhere, or finding yourself breaking down and crying one day because you're just so fed up with it all. NO ONE is perfect and NO ONE has the right to judge anyone else unless they know all the facts.
And that last sentence you wrote really got to me because I've been beginning to feel that same way the last few months, and it DOES eat you alive.
You've really hit the nail on the head. Thank you. The world needs more people with your mindset.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rebecca Pall

8 Years Ago

I really appreciate your kind words. I feel like not many people that judgement hurts people down t.. read more
Because either one person or multiple people have made the decision ........ (insert own pointless reason here) This brought a lot back to me. I remember seeing people excluded, like lepers for the most stupid of group mentality reasons. Not wearing the same trainers, not liking what they like, colour of hair, the list goes on.
And then these kids grow up and want to be seen as individuals, which would have got them crucified years earlier. It defies all logic and unfortunately, continues long after the playground for some.
Some never grow out of feeling superior to others for the most deluded of reasons.
I say bring it on. Let people be the individuals we all are and always will be.
Powerful and thought provoking words, very well written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rebecca Pall

8 Years Ago

Thank you. I feel exactly the same way. In high school(at least the one that I attend), it is ofte.. read more
An excellent, hard-hitting write, Rebecca. You're right--we are all different, but certain parts of society tries to shame us into conformity, to make us fit their idea of what "cool" is. My recommendation is that you be yourself. Tell them all to kiss your hiney. (Rebels have always been cool--not like all those silly fads that change every second or two)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rebecca Pall

8 Years Ago

Well thank you, because that's exactly the point I wanted to get across :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on October 26, 2015

Author

Rebecca Pall
Rebecca Pall

NJ



About
I have a lot to say...this is where I share it more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Waves Waves

A Poem by MelissaAndres


Angst Angst

A Story by Philip Muls