None perfect.

None perfect.

A Story by Ryan David Seymour

        There is none perfect.  No absolutle physical perfection and no absolute mental perfection.  Faults lay deep inside all of us and alone we are a picture of imperfection laid upon our world.  Whether good or bad, beautiful or ugly we are to someone what they are to us.  We think we have our worlds perfected but we all have moments of blindness and ignorance.  We all have moments that leave us broken because we realize we are everything we thought we were not.  Comparing moments of our lives as if they were two opposing brands of an item on a shelf that have the same function.  The one item looks more physically appealing while the other does a better job at it's created function.  Which one is better?  depends on your need and use.  People are not an object, there is more to our function than just getting a job done.  We all understand the world differently and where we go in life really comes down to realizing how to take what we are as human beings and apply it in the world where we fit.  Why would an artist who can paint beautiful pictures waste their time making millions of dollars doing a job that depresses them.  We are an ignorant society based on superficial happiness that never makes us happy.  Our goals are based on what other people think of us rather than what we think of ourselves.  Don't get me wrong some have it down well and actually love the typical society we live in.  Be glad for them but find what you love.  Don't settle for the mediocre for yourself.  We all see life as being mediocre in different ways.  To one having little money seems useless, while to another it means freedom. 

 

     Yet most fear what they do not understand.  Sad truth is most people are so controlled by outside influences that they do not even seem to be a person sometimes.  I am sure all have met people like this.  They do not think for themselves, they don't know the meaning of research or introspection.  Their life seems nothing more than the product of what they were told to be.  But deep down inside we are all an individual person.  No matter how hard you try to conform or become part of the collective you are your own person deep down inside.  It's what we do with that piece of individuality that makes life worth living.  We can live in freedom or live in a prison.  Really it is up to the person to decide.  You can't blame your past and you can not live in your past if you truly want to live free and full of life.  So many just base everything on past experiences therefore making their future nothing but the past. Everything is easy written down and harder in life but like everything in life the things that are really worth it can take the most hardship and pain to attain. 

 

      How many people treasure things they get for free?  Almost no one.  You could say "I treasure the free gift I got from a child or friend".  Reality is you spent months upon years building and feeding into those relationships to make that gift special.  Free is not always in a monetary sense how are society pictures free being the absence of money.  I left my usual zone to take a chance of just reflecting back in ontario where I used to live to really see what mattered to me in life.  I see now how backwards our world is.  Money won't provide love or relationship with our families, money will not buy you happiness or security, money will not guarantee you anything.  We put faith in it that it will, but really it is just another system of trade that has become corrupted like so many things man corrupts with greed.  The ignorant will say "Well there is nothing I can do about it so I might as well accept it".  That is why our world does not change.  Others take advantage of what they can do with the system but understand it's faults and do not buy into the greed.  I think that is the best thing for humanity.  To understand we are all faulted and find the accountability we need and have a mind capeable of critical thinking that does not just accept whatever is placed on our plate.   People say religion has destroyed us, what about oil, what about race and borders and nationalistic pride.  We are an ignorant people.  All of us.  We do not really understand each other no one takes the time to listen.  Take a Gay and a Religious person.  Just because they may disagree does not mean they need to hate each other.  God never hated people he hated the evil within them.  The problem is people only want to hear what they want to hear.  For instance if a Gay person has not read the bible than how can they say it spreads hate if they do not understand it in full vice versa for a person of faith.  I don't need the government to accept my faith if we became a country like the sudan where you could be killed for believing in christ.  I would be killed because I don't need to fight the government to accept my faith.  If you want to be anything in life it's your choice if my faith is against it than you live how you want and I will go on with my life.  I really struggle with the way any faith is portrayed because many of us are ignorant of each other's.  Meaning a christian may say muslim is wrong and the opposite view a muslim has of a christian's faith being wrong.  The media portrayed everyone as terrorists who are muslim in ways and now that is being broken.  Just because a person of christ's faith may think muslims are wrong should not give them a right to hate them because the media portrayed them as anti-christian/american terrorists.  No one really believes in much anymore or stands behind anything.  That is a danger in itself to.  Just becoming passive and indifferent.  You become nothing but an empty shell full of other people's ideas.  

 

        Life is one big journey and we all think everyone else is wrong.  That is what I really think.  We all think we have it together and everyone else is missing out.  Truthfully I don't really know what's inside everyone else.  I have seen corupted men of faith and corrupted men of business.  Coruption is in every area of life if a person allows it in.  So stating your something means nothing unless you really believe it in your heart.  We can try and be apologetic or we can read millions of sources for information to build a case of direct attack.  In the end everything is left up to an individual to make a choice in their heart what to do with their life for their vision of good and evil.  If your going to believe in the words of Christ though life may run against the wall of socities beliefs than disagree with society.  Christ was an amazing individual.  A man of love, Holy anger, weeping, joy etc.  He was not a stale individual who sat in a building giving mundane sermons.  In all honesty I got so sick of my religion.  I really was sick and tired of it feeling as though it was nothing but empty shallow individuals feeling like they were so much better than society if they did not join the club. I then realized I became what I never wanted to become.  It became religion rather than faith.  The only religion Christ taught was to help the poor, widow and orphan, a religion of giving that I think most people lack in giving.   Everything else he taught was faith in him.  Faith is not religion because faith is choosing to believe He was the Son of God and then wanting to live a certain way because you know him.  Yes it can sound weird to some but really it is what he said.  Christ said he would show himself to us if we believed.  So what do I need to prove.  I don't need to convert anyone.  Christ said that was up to him.  All he said was to spread his gospel.  Meaning spread the love of him that others would understand and be able to accept his love.  We don't even find God according to the bible.  He says he is the one that knocks first and that we either open the door or close it.  We were never meant to convert, just spread his words and love.  But somewhere like great men of the bible we can screw it up.  We built church sects just like in the past.  We structured churches on belief systems that catered better to our beliefs.  Others compromise while others take it to far.  It's called humanity and we are all faulted.  We have all taken things to fit our culture and that can be fine if we don't make it a new truth.  Many people will say salvation is free.  According to the bible it's not.  It probably has one of the highest costs of anything in life.  It costs everything.  We are basically to give our entire life to God.  We tried to raise church attendance and make everyone feel good.  Christ the son of God had many who would walk away from him.  He was not concerned with how many people would believe him.  He did not change his truth to make everyone feel accepted.  His love was free to those who accepted it, that is what was free but salvation cost your life.  Which really was establishing what we were created to be in the beginning acording to Christ.  See loving others should not have a price.  And Christ was not trying to make us join a club he was stating the  world had once been decieved and death came through that deception and that the choice was up to us if we wanted the freedom from that death that we once chose.  I know if I was in the garden being as anylitical as I am, I would have eaten the fruit wanting to know why it was forbidden, that is why I say we chose death. So that is how I view some things.  A moment in time of how I see life.

© 2008 Ryan David Seymour


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
"depends on your need and use."

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on February 27, 2008
Last Updated on February 28, 2008

Author

Ryan David Seymour
Ryan David Seymour

About
I like to write. Not a Claimer or Namer. Just do what I love and love life the good-times and the hell. more..

Writing