18 - Rumors

18 - Rumors

A Chapter by robbie baby

 

Robbie POV
 
 
I was walking with Aldrin after having a little “talk” with Taylor. Its official, we no longer have any relationship with each other. I know I may seem very, very serious and done with this, but deep down inside I can’t help but feel like a part of me is missing. Aldrin and I stop suddenly in our tracks, he steps in front of me and held a serious look on his face.
 
A: why don’t we get out of here?
R: school hasn’t even started yet.
A: c’mon. you don’t need a truck full of school work right after what happened yesterday. It’ll make you feel better.
R: hhmm I don’t know.
A: I’ll make you feel better.
 
He took a step closer to me and held my waist. He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine. I felt the warmth and affection he had towards me as he kissed me. He led the kisses down my neck and I couldn’t help but smile. People were walking by giving the both of us terrible works saying “get a room!” slightly embarrassed I lightly pushed him off.
 
R: (laughs) okay, okay, we can go.
A: but I was just starting to like it.
R: don’t worry, we can finish it later. (winks)
 
I took his hand and I led him to the school parking lot. However he told me he had to use the bathroom so I waited outside patiently for him.
 
Guy: Hey Robbie.
 
I turned around to find a fellow classmate standing behind me.
 
R: oh hey!
Guy: so I heard you fought yesterday. Did you beat her?
R: weeellll…
Guy: oh I knew it! man it must have been good.
R: well you had to be there.
Guy: so uh, lets say you and me hook up sometime?
R: (laughs) why?
Guy: well I just wanted to see if it’s true.
R: what’s true?!
Guy: that uh, you’ll do anything for a guy that stands up for you? You know like what happened with you and Aldrin at the club
R: WHAT!? (starts getting scary) WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?
Guy: uh I heard it from one of Sarah’s friends. She told me she saw you guys leaving the club early and did the dirty, and you guys went home yesterday for some “angry sex”
A: hey…what’s going on.
R: we need to go.
 
I couldn’t believe it. someone is actually spreading some rumor that I go easy. I’ve never even had sex before. I held onto his hand leading him to the parking lot when we were stopped by Zahara. She had the look of worry and concern.
 
Z: Robbie, something is going on here.
R: (scoffs) tell me about it.
Z: someone is spreading rumors about you!
R: I know!
A: w-wait, slow down, what rumors?
R: look, while you were in the bathroom some random guy came up to me and started talking about the fight yesterday, and all of a sudden he was talking about hooking up with me just because someone told him “I go easy”
A: what? h-how could someone do that?
R: I don’t think I can go anywhere anymore Aldrin, if someone sees that we’re leaving the rumor’s only going to get worse!
Z: why don’t you take her home Aldrin?
A: then people would still think the wrong way.
 
We stood in confusion and worry. How could this have happened?
 
Z: I’ll take you home. And I’ll stay with you for the rest of the day.
R: really?
Z: we need a day off after what happened.
R: is that alright with you baby?
A: it’s fine. (kisses me) I’ll call you at lunch okay?
R: okay.
 
So Zahara drove me home and as she said she stayed at the house with me. we sat in the living room trying to watch whatever was on T.V. but it was hard for me. I couldn’t stop thinking about how my reputation could be shot because of this, ice cream cartons and chocolate lay on the coffee table. As promised Aldrin called me at lunch time and said that his day isn’t going smoothly without him but feels better knowing that im safe at home. Zahara tried her best to make me feel better and I tried to feel better about myself but it got to me. It wasn’t even a day that I found out about the rumor and it’s hurting so bad.
 
R: thank you for staying with me.
Z: Robbie, you’re my best friend. You know that we’d do anything for each other when the worse gets to us.
R: I owe you big time!
Z: no you don’t! this is on the house.
R: okay if you say so. BUT I still owe you ice cream. Remember you spotted me?
Z: oh NO! you don’t, im not going to let you! besides after our three years of friendship how much do I owe you?
R: okay FINE! You win this time. I will get you next time.
Z: we’ll see about that.
 
So we continued to watch our movie, the movie Wanted came on, and I suddenly felt happier. The movie had started with him working pathetically at his job when I realized, the guy who started to hit on me said that he heard it from one of Sara’s friends. Taylor’s Girlfriends friends. Could it be that-?
 
R: oh my god.
Z: what happened!? The movie hasn’t even gone to the good part and you’re freaking out!!
R: that guy who tried hitting on me this morning, he said that he heard the rumor from Sara’s friends!
Z: so?
R: SO!? What if Sara was the one that started the rumor? Is it just a coincidence that this rumor started the day after I punched Sara in the face?
Z: oh my god you’re right! Wait, what if it was Taylor that started the rumor?
R: I don’t think so. He wouldn’t have come up to me this morning looking all depressed.
Z: wait he came up to you this morning?
R: yeah saying he wanted to talk to me but he couldn’t when Aldrin showed up.
Z: do you think that Taylor is jealous of Aldrin?
R: why would he?
Z: uh maybe because Aldrin’s got one of the greatest girls in the world!?
R: oh stop.
Z: im serious! Why do you think he couldn’t say anything in front of him?
R: well…maybe. I hadn’t thought of that before. But even so, it’s too late now. he’s happy with his significant other and I’m happy with mine!
Z: how are we going to handle this?
R: I don’t know.


© 2009 robbie baby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on August 11, 2009


Author

robbie baby
robbie baby

CA



About
i have no life. :) kbye more..

Writing