4 - why...

4 - why...

A Chapter by robbie baby
"

do you treat me this way?

"

 

As he closed the door or out hotel room behind us, I had already took off the jacket and set it on one of his bags. I told him I need to shower so I grabbed just black with pink polka dotted undergarments, pink Victoria sweats that stop and hug around the calves and a white v-neck and went into the shower.
 
I came out of the bathroom smelling like strawberries and melons, with the dark purple hotel towel wrapped around my already combed and wet hair. i came into an empty room, mike was no where to be found. I decided to make myself comfortable, I released my hair from the wrapped prison and let it fall down my back and laid myself down on one of the beds listening to my Ipod. I just pressed play on the ipod and it randomly chose a song…oddly enough it chose energy by Keri Hilson. I tried not to think about last night or even the conversation this morning. But my mind likes to wander, and I couldn’t help myself.
 
 
Too bad we can’t re-write our history
I'm having nightmares from sleeping with the enemy
how do we reverse the chemistry
I don't want us to be the end of me
this love is taking all of my energy
 
I wish we could re-write our history. Maybe, if Mike and I were still close…if I made an effort to stay friends with him….we wouldn’t be in this mess, he wouldn’t hate me so badly….but if he did hate me would he have came to the hospital just to see me? Even so, with a tiny act of kindness like that, it doesn’t make up for the fact that I’ve been going through hell for the past four or five weeks. Sleeping with the enemy….I will admit, there are moments where I do think about us together. When we were friends, those thoughts haunted my fragile mind…yes I did have a crush on him, maybe I fell in love with him. And I wondered if he felt the same….I still wonder what could have been. I cant have these feelings I just cant…I don’t want to fall for him again. I really don’t want this to be the end of me, not this way, being humiliated in front of thousands of people watching. Im so exhausted, this thing we’ve got going on here…..its taking up all of my energy. And then I think about the conversation with Nick this morning, I have thought about just quitting, but I can’t. I love wrestling too much to let mike take control over me….no it’s not happening I’m not a quitter, I have to tolerate with what’s happening in my life right now. And those other careers, a doctor, a lawyer…blech, it’s not my thing. I cant let this thing take over me, but I don’t know how im gonna handle this type of relationship that I’m in.
 
Suddenly my phone went off. I pulled out the ear buds and answered the phone without checking the caller id.
 
“Hello.” My voice sounds raspy and bumpy.
“Reyna!? It’s Melina, a-are you okay?” she sounded upset and very worried.
“Yeah im fine, why?”
“you sound like you’re crying!”
I wiped my cheeks, they felt wet, I guess I have been crying. Stupid memories.
“o-oh, I guess I have. Sorry.”
“look, what room number are you? im going to come up.”
“one twenty three. B-bu-“
“No buts! Im coming up there.”
“But Melina! Hello?” too late, she had already hung up the phone.
 
A few minutes later there was a loud knocking at the door.
“Reyna, open the door!”
 
 I walked slowly to the door and opened it to see a very angry Melina. She hurried into the room and started looking around.
 
“where is he!?”
“who?”
“you know who I’m talking about.”
“well if you want to yell in his face you might as well leave ‘cause Mike’s not here.”
I slumped on the edge of the bed and Melina just stood there with her hands on her hips.
 
“I cannot believe him! I-I mean he did some stupid stuff before but…leaving you in the ring like that?”
“C’mon Melina it’s not that serious.”
“Not that serious!? Rey, you were sent to the hospital! You have a concussion!”
“a slight concussion! W-wait how did you know that!?
“word gets around.”
“look I’ve taken more blows than that, I think I can handle a slight concussion.”
“okay, you’re right but…I just cant get over the fact that he left you there. I mean, I bet you anything that John Morrison would have come in there and helped you but…”
“Look I know. It’s killing me too.” I help my still slightly sore neck and I groaned softly in pain. Melina came over to me and sat by my side. She put an arm over my shoulder and comforted me.
 
“how is it feeling?”
“a little better, I’ll manage. Look, you don’t have to worry about m so much okay. im a big girl, I can take care of myself.”
“I know you can. Hey, me and some of the girls are going out to eat, do you want to come?”
“thanks, but no, I think I’ll rest for a bit.”
“okay, but if he ever does a stupid thing like that I swear to god I’ll –“
“Melina please…..thank you.”
“you’re welcome.” She gave me a kiss on the cheek and she left.
 
As soon as the door closed I laid back on the bed sighing with frustration. My mind is made up…whatever Mike has in store for me, I can handle it. suddenly the door opened again. I propped myself on my elbows to see a very frustrated, sad, looking chick magnet. I folded my legs pretzel style as he sat at the edge of the bed I was sitting on. He buried his face inside of his hands. I grew worried and forgot all of the things he put me through in the past, I slowly crept up to him and supported myself on my knees. I brought my arms around his neck and….I don’t know what came over me, but I held him tightly and securely. holding him felt right, it felt very good and warm. He released his face from his hands and look to my face. we both looked towards the mirror and saw our hugging stature. But instead of looking at our whole bodies, I looked at his sad and tired reflection.
 
“why are you hugging me?” he asked still looking at our reflection. The question took me back a bit but…why was I hugging him?
“w-what?”
“after all that I did to you…..you’re hugging me.”
 
I slowly brought my right hand up to his scalp and stroked his hair a bit. It’s like my body has a mind of it’s own. I looked at him sympathetically and said, “you looked like you needed a hug.”
 
He slowly turned himself around towards me, which made me release him and lean back on my heels, and he looked at me with disbelief.
 
“I don’t understand, I-I humiliate you in public, I leave you in the ring in pain, and you’re not mad at me?” I chuckled at him; you must be retarded not to be mad if someone did that to you.
“I have every right to be mad at you. in fact, I am furious at you. I have never met someone who would leave me in the ring to have my face smashed into.”
At this point Im shouting at him, and talking with my hands, he’s now leaning back almost looking like he could run away as soon as I start going crazy; but I have to remember, he owns me now.  Just a slip and I could out my career in danger. I calmed myself down putting my hands down to my thighs. I sighed deeply and stated,
 
“but you’re my manager now. And I happen to like my career.”
 
I sat back down leaning against the wall the bed was propped next to. We stayed starring at each other for another few moments until he got up from the bed.
 
“we have to leave tomorrow morning for our flight.”
“okay.”
 
I slept a little uneasy that night. Why? I had no idea; maybe it was the crook in my neck. we woke up early in the morning just to get ready and we left with all of the others to out next destination. This time we were going to Las Vegas for a house show. The whole flight Mike didn’t say a word to me, he didn’t ask for a thing from me. was he trying to get me mad with the things he did? Why would he?
 
After the house show we checked into the hotel everyone was staying at. As I walked into the hotel room…or should I say suite, there was only one bed. Oh great. I’m going to have to sleep on the floor now do I!? I set my bags down on the couch and got ready for bed in the bathroom. I stepped out in my usual sweats and spaghetti strapped shirt. When I entered the bedroom, mike was laying on the couch with two pillows under his head and the hotel’s spare blanket.
 
“what are you doing?” I questioned.
“what do you mean, Im getting ready for bed.”
“y-you’re letting me sleep on the bed?”
“well un less you don’t want to I could ju-“
“no, no! it’s just….”
 
I walked over to the couch and he let his legs down so I could sit down next to him. I don’t know if this was the right time or not, but I had to know somehow. This isn’t like mike to act like an a*s one day and act like nothing ever happened the next.
 
“you act like nothing ever happened these past few weeks. You leave me in the ring alone and now you’re not even talking to me.” He stayed silent just thinking to himself. He looked tired, worn out, and upset. But its so irritation to me, the least he could do is say something!
 
“why do you treat me like this? i was always there for you. you were like my best friend, and now...and now i cant even stand you. its like i dont know who you are anymore. and right about now, i regret ever meeting you and being here for you and everything i did for you. i got hurt last night, and the least you could have done was try to help me, but you didnt. you stood there and watched me get hurt. id never do that to you, ever. but you did it to me.”
 Quiet. He’s just looking down at his shoes still thinking to himself. God I don’t need this. I grabbed my cell phone and stormed out of the room. I dialed the only number I could think of. I waited for a few rings until she picked up.
 
“Hello.”
“Melina! Its Reyna.”
“Rey are you okay? D-did Mike hurt you again?”
“no im fine. Listen what room number are you, I’m staying with you tonight.”
 
As soon as she told me her room number I went into the elevator and quickly pushed the button to close the doors. i didn’t want anyone to come in here, awkward silence is the last thing I need right now.
 
I knocked loudly on the door 628, the room Melina told me she was in. the door swung open for me to be face to face with Kelly Kelly. Melina came to her side and grabbed me softly by the arm.
 
“Rey are you okay?” she led me to one of the beds. Both Kelly Kelly and Eve were in the room and they all crowded around me.
“how are you feeling?” Kelly asked me sympathetically.
 
“im fine. I just had a little talk with Mike.”
“what happened?” Eve questioned.
“ I told him I was tired of how he was treating me and how I’d never do that to him when we were friends.”
“good for you Rey.” Said Melina.
 
I smiled at them, but as I got a good look at the girls, it looked like they were ready to go somewhere.
 
“are you guys going somewhere?”
“well, we’re about to go to the club tonight.” Said Eve.
“you should come with us!” preached Kelly. “I think you’ll need it.”
“I don’t have anything to wear!”
“don’t worry I have the perfect dress for you to wear!” Melina exclaimed.
 
She picked out a gorgeous teal dress that reveals slight cleavage. But it was better that the dresses mike made me wear. Melina knew what kind of style I wore and liked. It didn’t know the back at all it was covered, but a little short for my tall legs. As I slipped it on, it fit like a glove.
 
“it was supposed to be your birthday present, but I think you deserve it now.”
“Melina my birthday’s not for another five months!”
“I know but, I saw it and I knew you’d love it!”
“I do! Thank you Melina!”
 
So it was settled. I needed a day off anyways so after the girls helped me fix my hair and makeup, we left the building.
 
The club was hot and humid, but it’s Vegas so I couldn’t complain. A few men tried to talk to me, but I didn’t feel like flirting with anybody right now. I stuck with my girls as we bought a few drinks to soak in my rage towards Mike. We did a few dancing here and there, that’s basically what we did. But trust me, it was a whole lot more fun than it sounded.
 
I woke up hazily groaning softly in pain. I was in a bed, sheets on the floor, and pillows everywhere. I looked around to see Kelly Kelly knocked out on the end of the bed, and Melina and Eve sedated on the other bed. I was in Melina’s hotel room. The room was lit with the sunshine. I looked to the nightstand for a glimpse of the digital clock. It was 8:30. I want to go back to sleep but a raging headache kept me from doing so. I quietly got up and left the sleeping beauties to their “pleasant’ dreams. As the elevator hovered towards my floor I realized what I might be facing once I step into the room. What will Mike be like now that I’ve poured my heart to him? will he be infuriated and make my living hell even worse!? Or will he be sympathetic, apologize for everything he’s done and return my contract to Stephanie….yeah right.


© 2009 robbie baby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on April 18, 2009
Last Updated on April 18, 2009


Author

robbie baby
robbie baby

CA



About
i have no life. :) kbye more..

Writing