High School: Chapter 3

High School: Chapter 3

A Chapter by robbie baby
"

:)

"

 

THE NEXT DAY
 
I told Myles and Leo that I would bring them to school today. They argued with me but I told them since they woke me up yesterday it was the least I could do. So I woke up at 6:00 AM just to wash my face, brush my teeth, put on my contacts, put on some decent clothes and mascara. By the time I was done it was 6:45. Of course I had to put my books together and grab a bite. I left the house at around 7:00. I hopped into my car and turned a left from my drive way. In about two minutes, I appeared in front of Myles and Leos house. Its not that I drove super fast, it’s just that they live right down the street from mine.
 
    I walked up the three steps of their porch and knocked three times on the door. I waited for about a minute after no answer, so I rang the door bell twice. i waited and waited for about 2 more minutes without an answer. I was about to knock again until the door swung open. I was standing face to face with their older brother. He was fully dressed, hair gelled and spiked and had that tired expression on his face where you squint your eyes and furrow your eyebrows. I was kind of scared because he looked sort of mad and annoyed. But his “annoyance look” turned into a smirk.
 
A: Hey
R: uh, h-hi.
A: you’re uh, Myles’ and Leo’s friend right? Reyna is it?
R: yes, that’s right.
A: my names Anthony. (Takes out hand for me to shake)
R: it’s nice to finally meet you.
A: likewise. Come on in.
 
He stood aside as a gesture for me to come on in. as I walked in I could feel eyes following my every move. I also smelled a wif of cologne and the smell of new clothes. As he closed the door I stood in the middle of the living room.
 
R: so, where are Myles and Leo?
A: Myles is in the shower and Leo’s already changing.
R: they told me you have a zero period. It’s like 7:15 already.
A: Brandon and I just decided to cut today. It’s getting boring in that class.
R: do you and Brandon have the same class?
A: no, he just likes to tell us how incredibly boring class tends to get.
R: (nods in understanding)
A: you know you look familiar. Like I’ve seen you somewhere. (walks closer to her)
R: uuh, maybe it’s because I come here almost everyday? Or maybe we go because we go to the same school?
A: no, no, not that. Have we met before?
R: actually we have…twice already.
A: r-really?
R: (laughs) yes really. The first time as with my brother at a football game, and the second time was about a year later with my cousin.
A: (thinks a little) oh yeah now I remember. How come we never talked then?
R: I guess we were doing our own things back then to pay attention to each other.
A: that’s sad, ‘cause you seem like a really cool person to talk to.
He took a few steps towards me, and every step he took the lower his voice got. I don’t know why, but as he got closer, my heart started beating faster. Have my feelings for him come back to me? I decided to play it cool and relax myself before I start babbling like an idiot.
 
R: you seem pretty cool yourself.
 
He was to the point where he was looking down at me smirking and I was looking up at him. he’s not super taller than me, just two or three inches. I could smell him. his clothes smelled like fresh from the dryer and his cologne smelled subtle, not too much, just right.
 
I heard the sound of someone coming downstairs. I looked towards the staircase and saw both Leo and Brandon coming down with their back packs on.
 
L: (smiles) Reyna. Hey.
R: hey.
L: sorry, Myles is kind of late.
R: its okay.
 
Anthony went into the other room and sat down on the couch to watch T.V. I must say, thank god Leo came. I didn’t know what to do in my position. Remind me to thank him later.
 
L: (walks up to Reyna) sorry, was he bothering you?
R: no, no. we were just talking.
L: oh yeah, uh Brandon, this is Reyna. Reyna, this is my brother.
B: what’s up?
R: Hey.
 
Brandon was a little taller than Leo just about an inch, but he was still about as tall as me. he was actually kind of cute; despite that he was the freshman of the family, he could pass as a junior for all I care. Brandon left the room and went into the kitchen for food.
 
R: do you want to do upstairs?
L: I just got down here.
R: I know but c’mon.
 
I pulled on his arm and led him upstairs into his bedroom. I’ve come over here a bunch of times and I’m always in either Myles room or Leos room but never alone with either of them. This would be the first.
 
He opened the door and let me into his room. It was very small and cozy. I’ve never really took a good look inside, all of us were too buys talking and just chilling. His desk consisted of a large HP computer keyboard and mouse. It also contained two off white speakers, one facing the window and one facing the bedroom. His bed was up against the wall on the far right side, it was nicely made with a white and black blanket spread out neatly and black pillows fluffed perfectly. The white carpeted floor was spotless and looked like someone had just vacuumed.  Impressive; it’s like he knew I would want to come up here.
 
R: you know I really like your room.
L: thanks.
 
I walked over to his bed and sat myself down on the comfy cushion. I looked over at him and he was still by the door. was he shy?
 
R: what are you doing over there? come over here. (pats the bed)

Without hesitation he walked over to the bed and sat down with a nervous smile.

R:so have you thought about what I said?
L: about the dance?
R: (nods head)
L: I have actually. And…..
 
I waited for him patiently. He looked at me with puppy eyes, sighed, and smiled.
 
L: what time do I pick you up?
R: (smiles) yay!
 
I threw my arms around him and hugged him. I heard him laugh against me and I could feel his heart beat against mine. Which only made me laugh along with him. I pulled away from him and I looked into his eyes. Not just at him but in his eyes, and he looked into mine. I smiled at him and he smiled back at me. aww he’s blushing.  I suddenly heard the sound of someone walking up the hallway. I averted my eyes away and looked at the door. Myles saw Leo and I sitting on the bed.
 
M: hey. You guys ready to go?
 
We nodded in agreement and got up from the bed. Leo let me walk out first and he closed the door behind us. when we got downstairs both Anthony and Brandon were waiting at the door for us. I guess I’m driving all of them to school.
 
M: do you mind if they come along?
R: not really. I mean, we’re all family here right?
 
We all left the house and Brandon locked the door behind us. we all hopped into my car with me in the drivers seat, Leo in the passengers seat, and the rest of the boys in the back seat. As I looked behind me to pull out of the driveway, Anthony was giving me a stare that distracted me for a bit. And as I drove down the road with Leo playing with the radio, I looked in my rearview mirror to check whose behind me, but I only saw Anthony staring me down. When I looked back at the road, I swear he smiled at me. the farther I drove down the road, I was eager to look back at my mirror again to see if he was still staring,  but I was afraid to look. So hesitantly, I looked at the mirror again, but to see he was looking out the window still smiling. Or smirking as some people would say. and for a quick moment, butterflies appeared  in my stomach again, but I didn’t show it. what was up with these brothers that made me so attracted to them?


© 2009 robbie baby


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on April 2, 2009
Last Updated on April 4, 2009


Author

robbie baby
robbie baby

CA



About
i have no life. :) kbye more..

Writing