The Accident of Oni

The Accident of Oni

A Story by ravenazariel

Small Stories: The Accident of Oni

 

Sirius walked into the hallway near her bedroom in the mansion, creeping slowly toward the parlor, that had been unusually quiet all night. Her not-really-parents had never been this quiet at night, especially since it was the only time they were awake. There was not rustling nor was there laughter.

She was growing with suspicion and it was itching at her like mad. When she got to the parlor, she placed her hand upon the door and grasped the handle tightly. She pushed it open with a tremble, poking her head into the room that was empty.
She narrowed her eyes at the room’s darkness, calling upon her fire spell to give it light. Everything was scattered, cluttered, and torn apart. The presence of her not-really-parents was barely in the room and she figured that they might be upstairs in their bedrooms. The curtain from the window blew furiously, rain droplets blowing in with the drafty air.

Sirius shivered and ran to the window, pulling it halfway closed until it stuck. She used her stregnth to pull it all the way down, but it was no use, it wouldn’t budge.

She growled at it, giving up, and threw her arms at her sides as she spotted a figure moving slowly toward the mansion.

Sirius gasped and quickly called off her fire spell, afraid that it was one of her not-really-parents coming from an early feed. ‘What if they find me in the parlor…’ she voiced in her mind, getting on her knees in front of the window. She peered at the slow moving figure and squinted, noticing something odd about it that didn’t seem right. “Dr-”

Her heart fell when she realized it was Dragon and she shot up, sticking her head from the window and holding one of her hands to her lips, “Dragon!”

The figure stopped and looked over at Sirius.

“Come to the door!” she yelled again, running away from the window and out of the parlor. She quickly made her way to the front door of the mansion and jerked it open.

Dragon approached the steps and then stopped. Sirius knit her brows together, “Dr-dragon, what are you doing wandering in the rain at night?”

“Sirius… I-I need your help…” Dragon voiced, bowing his head to avoid all contact with his friend.

Sirius stepped down from her front door steps, approaching him the best she could, until he backed off and covered the left side of his face. She flinched, bringing her hand to his.

Warmth suddenly began to fill Sirius’ palm, and she gasped when it began to trickle from Dragon’s fingers. He was wounded, and his eye was bleeding profusely into their hands.

Dragon’s free hand grasped Sirius’ and he tried to pry it away, but she pulled the bloodied hand away with hers when he succeeded.

Sirius covered her mouth in shock. Dragon groaned and tried looking away from her, but she came in closer and grasped his chin to turn him back to her. “You’re hurt! Dragon, your eye is wounded!”

“Sirius-”

“What happened?! Who did this to you?”

“The Oni. I was trying to get home and I accidentally walked into their territory.”

“Oh, Dragon…” Sirius nearly cried, grasping Dragon’s arm and pulling him into the mansion.

-bedroom-

“Dragon, you have to be careful where you wander off to…”

“I killed them, didn’t I?”

Sirius placed a guaze on Dragon’s eye and then grabbed for the wrap. She unfolded part of it, placing it to Dragon’s head and then wrapping the rest around his left eye. “That’s not the point.”

“Then what is the point?”

“You could have died, Dragon. Oni have no mercy for trespassers.”

He sighed, “It’s not like I did it on purpose.”

“Yeah, but you have better sense than that.”

“The way you’re nagging me, I might as well have none at all.”

Sirius drew away from him, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing… I was just saying.” He growled at her.

Sirius sighed, closing her first aid kit. She looked up at Dragon as he looked around the room, he looked so hurt and angry. She didn’t want him to be mad at her, he was her best friend.

Dragon folded his arms over his chest, only able to view things with his right eye. The bandage, he knew, would surely get on his nerves, and the fear of not being able to see from it when it healed lurked inside of him too.

“Are you going to tell your Stepdad the truth, or are you going to make up some kind of fake accident?”

“I don’t lie to Stepdad.”

Sirius blushed, “He’s going to be worried to death, and-”

“I know, Sirius.” He interrupted in annoyance. He sighed through his nose, “I’m going to tell him in the morning. He won’t be awake by the time I get there.”

“Y-you’re going home tonight?”

He nodded, “Yeah.”

“But it’s still raining like crazy out there, you’ve already been in it too long… can’t you wait until morning?”

“What, so you can criticize me more?”

Sirius knit her brows together in confusion. She pushed the kit out of her lap and touched her best friend’s arm, “I wasn’t critici-”

“I’m going home.” He stood and brushed away Sirius’ hand.

“Dragon-”

“I’ll talk to you later, okay?” he turned and looked at Sirius one last time before walking out of the bedroom and into the hallway.

Sirius gulped and brought her knees to her chest. She flinched when the mansion door closed and buried her face into her arms, “I’m sorry…”

 

 

© 2009 ravenazariel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on March 3, 2009

Author

ravenazariel
ravenazariel

Pittsylvania, VA



About
Name: Raven Ellysa Azariel Age: 18 Gender: Female Birthdate: N/A Hair Color: Dark dark brown Eye Color: Dark blue Interests: I love reading about dark romances and writing about them later. I love an.. more..

Writing