Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rachel(:
"

Ally is a sucker for love- and candy. Her cravings for love and candy mix her up. She falls in love easily and is always hurt. Candy is what makes her feel better- the one thing she can always count on to be sweet. One Valentines Day, though, Ally receive

"

 Light dances across the art room, shadows chasing it slowly. The room is quiet except for the quiet sounds of pencils against paper. The green curtains- made completely out of socks- sway in the light breeze that comes in through the open window. Pale yellow walls clash with dark purple paint splatters in the large sink. In the back of the room a girl sits alone, her pencil making fast marks on her paper. Her strokes are never sharp, always curvy and smooth. Her brown hair is tucked behind her ears, bangs pinned back to the side, revealing her bright blue eyes. She looks up and stares at the item in front of her. Its a vase- the pottery shining and dark, the flowers inside bright and appealing. One last stroke is made, then the girl puts her pencil down on the table, letting out a satisfied sigh.

A woman walks up beside her. She has dark hair pinned up in a lazy bun and dark brown eyes. A light grey apron hangs loosely around her body, paint spots from long-forgotten projects covering almost every bit of cloth. She looks down at the girl's drawing, up to the vase, then back down to the picture.

"Thats beautiful, Ally. Are you going to paint that tomorrow?" the woman asks this quietly, trying not to disturb the students around them. Ally smiles at her.

"I sure am, Mrs. Winters. Thanks for asking," Ally replies just as quietly, a large smile spreading across her face. Mrs. Winters nods her agreement, then goes off to talk to other students. 

A few minutes later the bell rings. Ally picks up her drawing and neatly tucks it into sketch book. As soon as she gets out the door a girl runs up to her. The girl looks around Ally's age. She has long blonde hair and blue eyes. Her skin is spotless and smooth, her teeth white and shining. Overall, some people would call her perfect. She clapped her hands together and stared up at Ally, her height being a bit under Ally's.

"Are you excited, Ally? Tomorrow is Valentines Day! I can't wait!" the girl squeals this at Ally, practically jumping up and down in her excitement. Ally laughs and shakes her head.

"Nah... nothing good ever comes out of my Valentines Days," Ally replies sadly, looking down at her shoes. The girl frowns, then pulls something out of her purse and hands it to Ally. Its a small lollipop, its wrapper stating that the flavor is grape. Ally smiles at the girl and takes it, quickly unwrapping it and sticking it in her mouth.

"Thanks, Sarah. I ran out of these in fifth period."

"You know I'll always give you some. Thats why I keep them in my purse."

Ally laughs with Sarah and they both start to walk to their lockers. Silence falls over them, Ally distracted by the candy and Sarah distracted by the boys in the hallway. Sarah breaks the silence first, winking at a passing guy.

"You're not even the least bit happy about Valentines Day? I bet Will has a big basket of candy for you again," Sarah says this teasingly, moving her eyebrows up and down. Ally rolled her eyes, finally stopping at her locker and opening it.

"As good as that sounds, that doesn't change anything about my love life," she says, sad again. As soon as she finishes speaking a boy jumps out from around the corner, wrapping his arms around Ally and squeezing tightly.

"Ally! Where have you been? I've been waiting for sooo long!" The boy grins at her and takes a step back. His dark green eyes are alight with excitement and his red hair is spiked in its normal style. Ally glares at him.

"You just got here, Will. And don't come up to someone and randomly hug them after jumping out from a corner! You scared me half to death!" Ally scolded him, though a little laughter followed her sentence.

Will just smirked and leaned against the lockers beside hers as she closed and locked it. They all walk out of the school together, smiling up at the sky.

"It's a warm February, isn't it?" Sarah asked, closing her eyes as a light breeze twirled around them. Ally and Will nodded in response. After a minute of talking the three of them went off to their own cars to go home. 

 

~

 

Finally in her own room, Ally flops down onto her bed, pulling out her cell phone. A text message from Will sits in her inbox. She opens it, expecting the worst. 

happy early valentines day! i hav a big gift 4 u. bringing it 2morow!

Ally laughs and shuts her phone, not bothering to reply. Turning on her side she sees a framed picture. The picture is of two people hugging- one guy with short brown hair and a cute face, the other Ally. She picks up the frame and throws it across the room as hard as she can, watching as it shatters on the ground. Her good mood dissolves as she remembers when the picture was taken. She screams into her pillows, tears streaming down her face and smearing her make-up.

After a minute of crying she gets up, picks up the pieces of the frame, and drops them in the garbage can. When she's down cleaning up she moves to the bathroom to inspect her image. She looked a mess- no wonder why. Shaking her head, Ally starts the shower, then goes to her room to undress.

"Why me... is love really this complicated? Or is it just me...?" she mutters quietly, stuffing a piece of chocolate in her mouth before stepping back into the bathroom. Her room is left a mess. Clothes are strewn everywhere, papers stacked up or scattered on her desk. Her sheets are unmade and three books lie on her bedside table- the room of a teenage girl.

One thing most teenage girls don't have, though, is a trash can in the corner of their room, filled with broken frames.



© 2009 Rachel(:


Author's Note

Rachel(:
This is an idea that I randomly came up with. I'm an amateur writer, so sorry if it stinks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Finally in her own room, Ally flops down onto her bed, pulling out her cell phone. A text message from Will sits in her inbox. She opens it, expecting the worst.

happy early valentines day! i hav a big gift 4 u. bringing it 2morow!

Ally laughs and shuts her phone, not bothering to reply. Turning on her side she sees a framed picture. The picture is of two people hugging- one guy with short brown hair and a cute face, the other Ally. She picks up the frame and throws it across the room as hard as she can, watching as it shatters on the ground. Her good mood dissolves as she remembers when the picture was taken.

-------------------
Why is she 'expecting the worse'? Xela doesn't understand... :<
And why does 'her good mood dissolve' AFTER she smashes the frame?
(other than that, it's pretty good)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Finally in her own room, Ally flops down onto her bed, pulling out her cell phone. A text message from Will sits in her inbox. She opens it, expecting the worst.

happy early valentines day! i hav a big gift 4 u. bringing it 2morow!

Ally laughs and shuts her phone, not bothering to reply. Turning on her side she sees a framed picture. The picture is of two people hugging- one guy with short brown hair and a cute face, the other Ally. She picks up the frame and throws it across the room as hard as she can, watching as it shatters on the ground. Her good mood dissolves as she remembers when the picture was taken.

-------------------
Why is she 'expecting the worse'? Xela doesn't understand... :<
And why does 'her good mood dissolve' AFTER she smashes the frame?
(other than that, it's pretty good)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2009
Last Updated on February 13, 2009


Author

Rachel(:
Rachel(:

Durham



About
My name is Rachel. I'm thirteen years old. My goal in life is to become an author- not a best-selling author, a well known author. Big difference. I get writers block easily, but I also get story idea.. more..

Writing
Fully Alive Fully Alive

A Book by Rachel(:


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Story by Rachel(: