Start?

Start?

A Chapter by purpleyedmonster

Dark and angry clouds hover dangerously above the city, threatening to spill at any minute. Chloe and Jasper were playing in the back garden. The threat of a downpour made me cal them both indoors again. Chloe being 4 didn’t understand why she had to come in and insisted I play with her. Jasper however knew that if he stayed outside he would get very wet and he didn’t want to get wet twice in one day. I pull out an old board game that they both enjoy and we start to play. Jasper being the eldest of the two got fed up with the fairly childish game and went to play by himself in his room, leaving just Chloe and me.

Chloe’s father finally returns home after a hard day at work. Jaspers father died in a civil war 6 years ago, I met Chloe’s father about a 5 years today making it only 9 months until her birthday. Jaspers birthday however is only 2 days away and he cannot wait. He’s going to be 9 this year and he wants a really big party, with all his friends. Unfortunately for him we cannot afford a big party, I just haven’t got the heart to tell him.

Johnny brings me in a cup of tea and I purposely lose the current game I am playing with Chloe and ask her to go and wash her hands and face ready for dinner. Johnny is a muscular man with a lovely tan. He works full time as a gym instructor and gets a free workout while he’s there. The tan however is false. He gets that done at home by me on the weekends.

My mother doesn’t agree with Johnny’s profession of choice but it pays the bills and keeps us alive. She thinks that just because she has a very wealthy man that I should as well.  However I don’t want a extremely wealthy husband I want the man I married and I wouldn’t swap him for the world. He is sensitive and he adores his family even though Jasper isn’t his son. He is the perfect father figure for any child.

Jasper still misses his real dad but he will never be forgotten, there is plenty of pictures for him to look at if he feels lonely. He also has a tape recorder to record all of his thoughts and feelings if he feels he can’t say them directly to me. It makes him feel he has someone to talk to who isn’t going to judge him.

Chloe is getting excited because she can start school in September. She wont stop asking me to get her uniform so she can try it on and boast to her friends from play school.

“Chloe have you washed your face and hands yet?”

“Yeah, I’m just coming mummy”

Dinner will be ready in five minutes and I haven’t even got the dishes out. It just shows how much I miss my Johnny!



© 2011 purpleyedmonster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011