Start?

Start?

A Chapter by purpleyedmonster

The clouds were dark and vile. They had an odd look about them. As I stared out the window I could see as they gave way to the heavy rainfall. I slump back into my armchair and mumble a few indecent words about the dreadful weather. I slowly pull myself up to wonder around the dank and dark house trying to find something to amuse me, the rain starts to get heavier and fiercer. My younger sister is cowering under her duvet, so I quietly move across her room. As I reach her bed I slowly pull back the covers, so as not to frighten her further, I now stroke her hair to soothe her. Millie stops cowering and sits up, to look at me. Bloodshot eyes pierce the darkness.

She starts to say my name but breaks off as a bolt of lightning flashes past the window. "Millie stop crying and behave more like a vampire, you’re not supposed to be scared of storms you’re meant to embrace them as a source of empowerment over others."

"But I’m only 6 I’m not a vampire yet. I haven’t even got my fangs yet" I walk away muttering things to myself. Millie never understood why she was doomed to be a night prowler like me, I have tried so many times to explain but she just won’t have it. I just leave her to cry about the storm.

Meanwhile I go downstairs to find Mum and see if she has brought any pray back from her hunt. “Mum got anything decent from your hunt tonight?”

"Not really all those blood oozing mortals were out together, leaving it impossible for a decent catch, sorry love”

“don’t worry about it mum, it’s not your fault”

“Where’s your sister? I’m sorry you had to stay and look after her, I really wanted you to join out hunt tonight."

"She’s crying in her bedroom because of the storm.”

“Well she is only 6 after all, but I did think she would be embracing the storm not hiding from it”

“I told her that but will she listen? No”

“Millie, get down here now, your cry baby” here she comes stomping down the stairs. ‘Stomp’ ‘Stomp’.... “What?"sob sob

 “That’s no way to speak to your mother”

“And I care because?”  Sniffel

“Right young lady, you are going to be punished I am going to make you stand in Pure sunlight for 10 minutes and it will hurt trust me” “Ooo scary mum, not!” outraged at the prospect of pure sunlight

“You won’t be saying that after your 10 minutes young lady, but just to be sure you’re not getting any tea tonight either”



© 2011 purpleyedmonster


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

it starts off really good but i dont think the conversation fits right, the 6 year old should still be really scared instead of suddenly being really moody and tough

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not bad at all, :3 I already said what to improve on msn and you did xD I like it. You should do more based around it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 21, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011