(*Chapter 5*)

(*Chapter 5*)

A Chapter by LynLee

Chapter 5

I settled into the wheelchair. I turned to look at Jack. He was staring right at me.

"So I guess you have a lot of questions." I looked right at him. Eye to eye.

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, start." I looked down at my hands. I kept fidgeting with them and I did that when I'm nervous. I didn't know where I should start. "Why did you come to school as a.....a wolf?" He took a long breath. I was scared that he would say something like, "I came to kill the whole school." or "I was mad at my history teacher becuase she made fun of my kind." But he didn't.

"I just turned eighteen. That was when we start to......change." My eyes were getting wider and wider. What exactly were his kind?

"I had just started to change this morning. Only I was a full wolf by eight o'clock. My parents were scared into the woods becuase I had lost control. See, were not suppose to change until night. And when that does happen, everyone has to abandon the person, becuase when we first change we don't have control until morning. That was why my parents left."

"So why did you try to attack me?" He looked down at his own hands. They were sweaty. I could tell becuase they were red and the blanket kept slipping. "I didn't mean to. I really didn't. I..."

"It's okay." I put my hand on his arm. His eyes got wider and his breathing was smaller. Then the machine started going crazy. He clenched his teeth so tight, it looked like they would break. "You need to go." His eyes were turning red and he started getting bigger. I took my hand away and called for Dr.Cliffs. He ran in with about four nurses. One of them took me out of the room in flash. The last thing I saw was Dr.Cliffs and the nurses trying to hold him down. The other nurse rushed me into my room and helped me onto my bed. I realized my legs were working better. I could have gotten there by myself.

"Would you like anything?" I turned back to the nurse. She was looking at me, but still had a faraway glare.

"Uh, no thanks." She started walking out when I had to ask, "WHat happened back there?" She walked over, but still didn't answer me.

"Would you like your pillow fluffed?" She started fluffing my pillow without me even getting up.

"Um, no thanks, but thanks?" I was getting myself confused. SHe only smiled at me. "I would like it more to know what happened back there." SHe looked back out the window then she walked to the door. Only she didn't walk out. Instead she looked left then right, then closed it.

"Miss?" I asked. She looked down for a second then walked over. "Please. You can sit." She pulled up a chair and took a big breath.

"Okay. You can probably tell that I'm not suppose to tell you."

"Yes I got that vibe." She looked up and smiled.

"Well yes. Okay so as you know, Jack is changing. And you also know that he isn't suppose to until tonight, but for some reason he didn't."

I was nodding and nodding.

"Well he isn't suppose to have interaction with people yet either."

"But I was talking to him and......"

"Yes. We know." She put her hand on my arm. Probably the sign to shut-up. I was telling myself that. I want this question answered.

"But when you touched him, like I just did, it sent off a vibe into his, uh, wolf side. It was telling him you wanted to hurt him,"

"What? I didn't want to hurt him!"

"Yes, yes we know," She put her hand on my arm again. Another sign toshut up. ",But he hasn't been able to keep everyhting under control yet."

I was thinking like crazy now. "So when can I talk to him again?" She stood up and started to straighten her white nurse dress. "Honestly, by the looks of it we can't make a guess. This is just so unusual. This hasn't happened in almost two hundred years. And the last time it did happen...." She cut herself off, "Well I must get back to work." Then she hurried out. I wanted to ask her what else there was, but I could tell she really didn't want me too. I started laying back, then turned to my side. I was looking out the window now. I wonder if I'll be able to see my friends again? I wonder if they can visit me? I kept repeating those questions over and over. Then Dr.Cliffs walked into my room. "Hello Maggie. How are you doing?"

I turned back to look at him. "I'm doing okay. Is Jack okay?"

"Oh, ya. He's fine. We had to give him some sleeping medicine." I settled back a little. At least he won't attack me at night. "Oh he couldn't do that if he wanted to."

"Huh?" Oh ya, he reads minds.

"Okay well I'll let you catch up with some sleep. Just don't go worrying that something will attack you." He smiled and walked out the door closing it behind him.



© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee