Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kakuzu (or so they call me)

I was eating lunch in the dining room. Jasper was sitting across the table, just watching me. I looked around the familiar room. It had deep purple walls with cabinets holding expensive china. The table was huge 3 ½ feet across and 10 feet deep. There was a giant window on one wall covering almost the entire side. It showed the north side of the property, like the lake.

 

The heavy rain from earlier was gone and in it’s place was a gentle drizzle. Just beyond the lake you could see the edges of the miles of forest the he owned and hunted on. I hated it when he watched me eat, it made me nervous.

 

“What’s the matter Alice?” he asked with a frown on his face obviously concerned, “You seem unhappy.”

 

“I hate it when you watch me eat.” I said not looking up. He smiled with his perfect white, inhumanly sharp teeth,

 

“yes, yes I know that, but otherwise I wouldn’t get to see you…..as often,” the smile left, “but I’m talking about more then usual.”

 

“I don’t know,” I sighed, “I guess I just get kind of lonely in this house while you’re working.”

 

“Do you want another dog? I could always do that, just name the breed.”

 

I finally looked up. I already had three dogs, a border collie, a beagle, and a part husky part wild wolf. They were named Marilyn (Manson), Orochimaru, and Renji. They were the best trained dogs in the world. My butler, John, took the two pure breeds to shows and they had always, without fail, brought home first place.

 

I shook my head, “no, it’s just….I was thinking….more like,” I sighed again, “I miss people, and you know friends…people friends.” I said the last two words so quietly I almost couldn’t hear the words, but I knew that he heard them with his enhanced vampire hearing.

 

I hated to say this, and I knew he hated to hear it. His worst dream had come true. His girlie was no longer satisfied with just his company, even though he worked all the time, she wanted other people to be with, other people who could take her away from him. He silently stood up and walked over to the window and just stood there watching the rain. I was no longer hungry so I stood up and took my dishes to the kitchen and came back to the dining room and sat back down. He hadn’t so even moved an inch. He turned around,

 

“There is always john you know,” He said silently.

 

I looked him in the eye. John was a quiet person who only did his job being a butler and nothing else. He is a good person to hire, but never someone who could be your friend and he knew that. I held his gaze for as long as I could than looked away. There was pain in his eyes, though he was trying to hide it, I had been around him long enough to know.

 

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

 

He sighed and looked back out the window. There was a long an uncomfortable silence when he suddenly strode out the door announcing that he had spent far too long here and must get back to work. I continued to sit there.

 

Not knowing why. He made me feel guilty for wanting a person, but is having a friend too much to ask, but he already had given me everything I ever wanted is it too much for him to ask one thing to be off limits, but I would have met lots of people if he hadn’t kept me in this house for years and years.

 

I stood up and went back upstairs to my attic. I loved my room in my attic. It was painted black with streaks on the walls that looked like blood. The walls and ceilings had posters of Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and other such anime series and posters of my favorite bands. (This was Alternative and Screamo music.) I had a desk with my computer on it and a comfy couch and then my four poster bed on one wall and my walk in closet and door to my bathroom facing the other. My third wall was completely made up of glass that looked out on the east side of the property which contained nothing but forest. The forth wall had was bare but for two doors one leading to the hallway and the other to my library which lead to my living room.

 

I had already done my school work for today so I laid on my back on my bed and was debating what to do next when I heard three soft knocks on my door so quiet it’s like the person behind the door didn’t want to disturb the air. I knew it could only be John.

 

I rolled over, “yes, come in John,”

 

He opened the door slowly and took a single step in and bowed, “Miss Stone while I was doing the dishes I noticed you didn’t eat much of a lunch. May I inquire if your feel alright ma’am? Or if the quality of food or cooking was unsatisfactory.”

 

I waved him off “yes, yes John I’m feeling fine the food was excellent I just wasn’t that hungry.”

 

“Sorry for interrupting miss.”

 

As he started to walk away I shouted out, “Wait john!”

 

“Yes, ma’am something you require?”

 

“Would…would you play a game with me?"

 

“I’m sorry miss, but I am much to busy. Perhaps when the master is finished with work he would play with you.”

 

I sighed; I knew what the answer would be so I wondered why I even asked.

 

“Oh yes miss. The master’s son is coming over next week and will be staying a few days.”

 

I murmured to myself, “A son? How could he have a son?” I saw john waiting for a dismissal, “You may go John.”

 

“Very well ma’am.” He walked out and very carefully shut the door.

 

A son, I thought, how could he possibly have children? Is he son a vampire too? I could just never imagine him having a kid let alone raising one. Did he raise him? I rolled over onto my back and starred at the poster of the Akastsuki on my ceiling I had put long ago. I’ll have to ask him tonight.



© 2008 Kakuzu (or so they call me)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on June 29, 2008
Last Updated on July 7, 2008


Author

Kakuzu (or so they call me)
Kakuzu (or so they call me)

Jackson, MI



About
I'm 15 and want to be an author when i grow up, so i'm giving it a go. I do dance, panio, flute, guitar, karkate and socializing! i hate preps. i'm a punk (but some call me goth) more..

Writing