Whispers in the Night - Introduction

Whispers in the Night - Introduction

A Chapter by psychoticsamm
"

Introduction

"

I am not crazy. Let me say that one more time: I am NOT crazy. It sounds crazy even as I’m writing it. There have been many moments in my life when I think: Maybe I AM crazy. What if my reality is just this really deep state of psychosis that I don’t realize how abnormal my life truly is? Then I wonder that maybe I am like DiCaprio on Shutter Island and I am so far gone in my imaginary reality and those around me just play along to appease me. This is a real fear I have. And then I remember that I have responsibilities like bills and work. If I imagined this s**t up I would most definitely remove the existence of bills. The reason I think this way is because throughout my life I keep experiencing “occurrences” or as you would call it a paranormal experience. I know what you are thinking. Yup, this b***h is bat-s**t! You might be right. I doubt that there is anyone out there who is going to read this or who will even want to read about my paranormal experience. After all, this is just a word file on some desktop who knows if Ill even put it out there. I am not going to take you back to the beginning to the paranormal events in my childhood. That would be boring and frankly I am too lazy to write that s**t down. I am going to begin at the moment things started getting BAD.

In 2011, I bought my first home. It was cheap so I picked that one. It had been built in the 70’s and according to the city records it had a total of 7 owners. Now this is odd. Why In the world would someone buy a house (an investment) only to sell it a few years later? Not just one owner did that, 7 did! Anyways, I didn’t care… It was a house…..My house…. It was a cute house. It had a garage, decent backyard, covered in faded red brick, and the trim was black that matched the black iron work on the windows. The day the keys were handed off to me was the same day I spent my first night in that home.


At the time I did not own any furniture I only had a mattress, some clothes and my laptop. So, I tossed my mattress out in the middle of the living room and messily layered some sheets and blankets. The sun sets and I lay there on my mattress. There was  a white wall to my left and a hallway farther to the right. The light from the moon brightened up to room just enough to look around. Off to the right was that hallway where the light from the moon could not reach. The hallway was real long and had three doors. On one wall of the hallway there were two doors to empty dark bedrooms and a single door on the right wall of the hallway which was an office.  At the end the hallway makes a sharp right turn which continues onto a bathroom and the garage. That night, I stared down that hallway. Just looking. Its pitch black. The silence in the house could almost pierce your ears. Even the slightest rustle of the sheets could be heard. And that is when I heard it. A voice. A whisper calling me from the depths of the hallway. I couldn’t understand what the whispers were saying. But without a shred of doubt I heard it. Naturally, I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn’t get up and flip the light switch all I could do was continue to stare without blinking into the darkness where not even the light dared to go. I positioned the mattress earlier so that I was getting the full force of the soft moon light and this came to mind as I am blankly trying to look at where the whispers were calling from. Whoever….whatever was whispering at me from the darkness could see me. I never felt so vulnerable and helpless in my life. Minutes passed and the exhaustion from the day crept up on me and I unknowingly fell into deep sleep. The stories of the whispers don’t end there. In fact, those same whispers continue to haunt me.  The events that occurred in this house progressed from these whispers to bad and eventually to worse. I continued to live in this house for 3 more years until the day I decided to flee. This is a story about this time.

To be Continued



© 2016 psychoticsamm


Author's Note

psychoticsamm
Yes, I know my grammar sucks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hey, never mind your grammar, that's something that can be worked on. You have an imagination; a good one and that's what counts. This is the beginning of a good supernatural story, it has left me wanting to read more. You have cleverly denied any hint of what the next chapter will be about. Love it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's a good introduction. It's definitely made anticipate what happens next. Keep up the good work

Posted 8 Years Ago


Hey, never mind your grammar, that's something that can be worked on. You have an imagination; a good one and that's what counts. This is the beginning of a good supernatural story, it has left me wanting to read more. You have cleverly denied any hint of what the next chapter will be about. Love it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2016
Last Updated on June 19, 2016
Tags: horror, suspense, paranormal, ghosts


Author

psychoticsamm
psychoticsamm

Las Vegas, NV



About
I write horror short stories and series. more..

Writing