Silence-I

Silence-I

A Chapter by Sarah E. Pearson
"

Chapter One.

"
She barreled down the hallway to her siblings, clutching her bouquet of roses and holding the front hem of her silken white gown up, the rest of the huge gown dragging behind her. 
"Alice!" Her younger sister called out. "Oh Alice, it's happening!" 
Alice shoved the bouquet into her sister's hands and pushed past her across the marble floors to the grand oak double doors. She reached for the handle to push through, but her older brother's hand caught her arm. 
"Let go of me!" Alice cried out, yanking her arm free. "I have to see him!"
"Alice!" He yelled, grabbing her by the shoulders as tears began tumbling down her cheeks. "Alice, it's bad. You can't go in there." He spoke more softly, brushing the tears from his sister's face.
"Just try and stop me, Caden." She spat, pulling out of his grasp. 
"Alice, please!" Caden called after his sister. But she was already through the doors. 
Alice pushed a stray piece of her dark hair from her eyes where it had fallen from her perfectly sculpted bun on the top of her head. 
"Princess." A male servant in black pants and a white, untucked and blood-stained shirt said, bowing. "Your presence has been requested."
Alice scoffed and spat out, "Of course it has been, do you think I would be standing here in my wedding gown if not?" 
The servant looked startled. "Uh, no, no, of course not, Princess, but--"
"Where is he?" She screamed, hysterical with panic. A maid, a younger girl, came out wearing a white cotton knee-length dress and black apron. 
"Third door on the right, Princess." The young girl said, giving a slight bow. 
Alice huffed, looking from one servant to the other and back again, then nodded briefly at the girl. "Thank you." She whispered. The girl nodded and Alice took off down the hallway. Behind her she could her the whispered conversation between the servants about her hysteria. 
The third door on the right. 
Alice shoved open the old door, running to the side of the small cot. He laid there, his dark hair falling across his forehead, his thick lashes twitching with dreams. Alice collapsed onto her knees, looking to the nurse that was tending the bloody clothes covering the wounds. 
"How is he?" Alice whispered.
"Silly love, running here in your gown. The groom isn't supposed to see the bride in her gown until the ceremony, it's bad luck." He whispered hoarsely, startling Alice. 
Alice smiled, tears cascading down her cheeks as she looked into his glazed, tired green eyes. "It's superstition." She whispered. "You are more important than any silly legend." 
That brought a smile to his lips. "I love you, Alice, my love." He squeezed her hand gently.
"And I, you, my husband, my Aaron, my love." She whispered, pressing a salty kiss to his cold lips as his hand went limp in hers. 


© 2012 Sarah E. Pearson


Author's Note

Sarah E. Pearson
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw sad stuff, good start here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


i agree with curous alice, the start if it really intrigued me. msg me when u post the 2nd chapter! ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Behind her she could "her" the whispered conversation between the servants about her hysteria." You forgot the 'a' in 'hear'
Anyway, other than that I saw nothing wrong with this tory at all. It was very descriptive and I could easily picture everything! It was such a sad ending :( You could definitely keep this going with maybe adding more to the story in the beginning and more to the ending. Kind of drawing the story out more to include more for the reader to digest. I'd certainly read it! :) This was really great and if you post more definitely send me a read request please!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really liked this, the start of it had me pulled in and i love the imagery you were able to create in my mind =) Would love to read more of this!


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2012
Last Updated on October 13, 2012


Author

Sarah E. Pearson
Sarah E. Pearson

Burrillville, RI



About
My name is Sarah and I'm 16 years old. I was like, born to write books. Books. Books. And more books. I don't think I was born to ever FINISH one though, since I've yet to stumble across that. .. more..

Writing