My life out in diaries-V

My life out in diaries-V

A Story by Mac

 

God, how they hated everybody.

Almost every working person on the campus seemed to be afraid of the spiritual leaders there. The other day we went for a competition, while returning, we had been instructed to stop somewhere and let the young children have something to eat. The driver never stopped anywhere we requested him to.

The reason we learnt later on was that, the driver was afraid of the ‘leaders’ who could do anything if they caught the driver stopping there. It seemed ridiculous. No one even listens to teachers these days.

Once, the rector tightened up the security everywhere, just for the sake of showing everyone what sort of ‘good’ security they had. The guards at the main gate checked bags, then they were again checked at the entry to the hostel. I think they thought that we would carry a bomb inside.

How would you like if someone took you aside and checked everything you had got while everyone else watched? Then they took away some biscuits you bought to eat with the bland milk the next day(Yeah, nothing was allowed)? They acted as if we were the criminals.

Most of the worshipping time passed in catching black ants and tossing them far away. They used to roam around every morning in search of food, which we gave them.

 

Laundry sucked BIG!!! The chief rector never allowed anyone to put ‘civil’(you know) tracksuits in the laundry.

That word ‘civil’ was from his military background too. ‘Civil’ stood for all the clothes that had no connection with the school and belonged to us. The reason he used to give was ‘You didn’t go to school...that doesn’t mean you will wear ‘civil’ clothes. You  could have worn the blue or orange uniform’. The orange uniform was the night dress and the blue dress was the school uniform on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Why the hell would I wear that if I wasn’t going to school? This is how the systems functioned there.

The dining hall had started giving butter milk with coriander leaves....tasteless and yucky....salt-less too.

If one came back from dental checkups and asked for a milkshake, they never got it, even if they used to get it earlier on requests.

The rector loved to make routines. He even made one for the students with the morning sports academy sessions. Even when everyone did ‘worship’ in the morning, he never believed them. As I said....he loved making routines. He made yet another one for the guys who woke up early to go jogging.

If we didn’t ‘worship’, we got blackmailed. If we did so, they never understood that we were there just for the sake of attendance(Save a few). They used to force us to sit for forty minutes. If we finished the ‘worship’  in fifteen minutes, we got blackmailed further. Everyone just waited to get out of there for their vacations.

There was a uniform for everything. We never understood why we needed three pairs of every uniform, every year. If we ordered huge sizes, they decreased it knowingly and in the end everyone got really small uniforms. Further to our embarrassment, we had to wear it to school. They loved laughing at us behind our backs.

Even after giving up the ten thousand ‘rupees’(Again just for the sake of sound of it) for the sake of laundry expenses, we were not allowed to put in clothes at our own leisure. We weren’t allowed to put in clothes that we wore everyday, if it wasn’t a uniform. The rector never even explained the rules to the caretakers, who kept asking each other what to do.

There were fights for newspapers. Everyone started solving Sudoku because of a few people who inaugrated the tradition. What else could we do in that boring place? It was okay when a limited no.of people used to do it......but then everyone was more than ready to fight for it. Just because of the administration there, there were not enough newspapers to accommodate all.

Due to the ‘big’ people thinking us ‘small’, many were getting affected by impotency and gynephobia. All went there to learn how to live independantly, but ended up getting shy in front of girls. I thought....what will they do after completing school there? Worse, what will I do after completing school there? Would all join a boys college? What’s the fun in that?

Just to show us that he cared, the rector kept all the students’ medicines and gave them their tablets on time. Why should I go to his office everyday just for the sake of taking medicines? He used to give a half-hour speech every time he met someone. I didn’t want to listen to his boring speeches.

Taking haircuts there was a burden for us. The barber used to cut and carve on our necks. He loved to do his ‘job’ there. Perhaps that’s the reason why he has been here since the past six years. After complaining thrice, we get bored of it and just stopped going there. I started cutting up my own hair. I was s**t crazy!!

 If people stopped going for the morning sports academy, there was an overpopulated cluster for ‘worshipping’ everyday. The rector liked giving us clean chits, because he loved keeping college students on the campus. He threatened us to leave the hostel, as he had no less students from colleges who had applied to live there on their ‘pious’ campus. He loved to f**k with our lives.

He just had one lead in all his arguments. Either do the work he assigns or leave ‘his’ institution. As if he was the soul power of the institute, the missing most powerful battery of the engine. He thought he was the boss. I’m still waiting for his downfall.

© 2013 Mac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 4, 2013

Author

Mac
Mac

Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India



About
not so simple anymore more..

Writing
APOCALYPSE APOCALYPSE

A Poem by Mac





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5